Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: biden

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    No you wouldn't... as cold calling is random, or at least intended to be. The minute you begin polling at a specific event you cater to a specific demographics....

FWIW - One of my degrees is in mathematical statics. Your theories are so flawed I wouldn't even know where to start, I tried to make it easy on you to see the flaws but you don't care to so please carry on....
    Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't realize that I'm dealing with a friggin' genius. With a healthy streak of dickwad in him, too boot.

So tell me, Mr. Wizard of the Wise...what's your method of accurate polling? Cold calling?...maybe you missed the memo from '16?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Don't take it out on me that your ignorant with regards to statics and how a Democrat Republic works... talk about shooting the messenger...

Anyhoo... I already explained this to you.... what happens in the first 45 states doesn't matter, as we ready know where their electoral votes are going. All that matters is how the five major swing states vote.

So you see taking a poll at major league game outside of those swing states is a complete waste of time, and taking a poll at specific event inside those states will contaminate your results.

If you think your approach will yield accurate and realistic results go for it as there is a lot of money to be made in polling. Think of it as the ability to predict the roulette wheel.

Don't take it out on me that your ignorant with regards to statics and how a Democrat Republic works... talk about shooting the messenger...

Anyhoo... I already explained this to you.... what happens in the first 45 states doesn't matter, as we ready know where their electoral votes are going. All that matters is how the five major swing states vote.
    OK...two things. First, I'm not taking anything "out" on you. You get shitty with me, I get shitty with you right back...that's how it works. In all this time you've never spoken to me like that...don't point those guns at me again. This is all just for funsies, Iceaxe. Lighten up.

Secondly...of course I know that the election is decided in the swing states, that goes without saying. My point was that these "polls" seem to be quite f*%cked up and that maybe hitting sporting events all over the country would yield results that reflect how "most" people feel...not necessarily the outcome of the election.

I am no statistic guy but I think cold calling may also be flawed. I don't answer cold calls. Most people I know don't answer unknown phone numbers. So what demographic answers cold calls? As for baseball, I am not much of a fan, but I did watch Bryce Harper in his Phillies home opener last year. The Phillies averaged 32K attendance at home games.
    Life is Good

6. Likes erial liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    My point was that these "polls" seem to be quite f*%cked up
    The polls were not messed up... at least the data was correct for the most part. How they chose to analyze and interpret the data was the error.

Professor Allen Lichtman used the same data and correctly predicted the 2016 election.... just as he has correctly predicted every election for the past 34 years.

I think the big problem with most predictions in 2016 is those looking at the numbers let their personal bias sway what they were actually seeing. MSM wanted Hillary so bad they just didn't see how she could lose, especially when she led in the popular vote and Trump would have to break through the northern blue wall.

Name:  BFB168CC-F6B6-426F-BCF9-32AAC0601890.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  20.1 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Name:  BFB168CC-F6B6-426F-BCF9-32AAC0601890.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  20.1 KB
    ^^^Holstein human
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Name:  548A154B-F06D-47F6-A9EB-31697AD42151.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  8FE64B72-B29D-4A01-B954-9E957061279C.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  19.6 KB

The stupid that flows out of Biden's mouth never ceases to amaze me...

Biden says police should be trained to ‘shoot 'em in the leg instead of the heart’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-em-in-the-leg

Climb-Utah.com

The stupid that flows out of Biden's mouth never ceases to amaze me...

Biden says police should be trained to ‘shoot 'em in the leg instead of the heart’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-em-in-the-leg

Climb-Utah.com
    I was working on an interior all this week and the couple there has the TV on all day, going from one news station to the other. I was working in the kitchen while they were watching it in the next room and heard the entirety of his rambling monologue today at that church with 12 people in it.

And when I say rambling, I mean it. The man is lost in space...he was mumbling, stumbling and stuttering and shot off random stuff. When he started, I thought..."Maybe he's going to read a prepared speech?" But instead, it was just him spewing train of thought. It was bizarre.

For those who would say "Trump's no better"...I'd say Trump is far more coherent, even on a bad day. Google it, hear it for yourself.

16. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

Climb-Utah.com

If the Democrats have some double super secret plan to run someone other than Biden for President, as some have suggested, they better hurry up and execute it as Biden is only about one week away from securing the DNC nomination.

Biden closes in on clinching Democratic presidential nomination

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ial-nomination

If the Democrats have some double super secret plan to run someone other than Biden for President, as some have suggested, they better hurry up and execute it as Biden is only about one week away from securing the DNC nomination.

Biden closes in on clinching Democratic presidential nomination

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ial-nomination
    That double secret plan requires him to win the nom. But at this point, it's unnecessary to replace him.

The CCP virus has and will continue to give him cover to hide his dementia and hide his agenda. Mail in voting assures a Dem sweep. And the race riots, with swamp Repubs abandoning Trump now, kill any remaining swing voter chance he had.

Wipeout of 2008 size. Possibly 1964 if things continue to spiral down.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    That double secret plan requires him to win the nom. But at this point, it's unnecessary to replace him.

The CCP virus has and will continue to give him cover to hide his dementia and hide his agenda. Mail in voting assures a Dem sweep. And the race riots, with swamp Repubs abandoning Trump now, kill any remaining swing voter chance he had.

You also said the stock market would plummet below the March lows by now...

I think your crystal ball is cracked.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

21. Likes Byron, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post

Dougrz...you're a quite reasonable guy and I like you, but man you're full on glass half empty sometimes.

Yes, what you say in considerable...but personally, when I'm feeling like "Oh shit!" I try to flip the whole thing around and look at it from a different angle. Consider this:

Biden is nothing. He offers nothing. His mind is gone. Regardless of whoever he chooses as his VP, the election boils down to this...

____Trump
    ____???Somebody else, anybody else???

That's it, Trump vs. a question mark. A mystery person, or mystery people. How about that dog catcher in Melbourne Florida that so many in town seem to like? Anybody but Trump, even if no one knows who the hell it is.

America isn't going to elect a question mark for President. I'm sure you saw a map of the US with the counties after the '16 election? Red, red, red all over the place. The Dems didn't see that coming...because all those people were nice and quiet and were intent on voting for the guy who talked the talk and looked like he was gonna walk it, too. And he did.

?????...no way.

I hear what you guys are saying. I just think I have a pulse on society and I run with it. Look, Trump won in an absolute landslide... given the 1980 electorate. That was a real study. He won 60-40. And would again, I agree. It's just demographics and continued pumping of brainwashed kids.

None of you would claim Trump could win CA. You know that electorate. I'm strictly making a demographics argument along those lines, and the power of pop culture and media over them, not over us.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    You also said the stock market would plummet below the March lows by now...

I think your crystal ball is cracked.
    Remember, I predicted Biden to romp in SC and be revived, weeks before it happened. I took unlimited scorn here. (All in fun, not a poke)

Last time I was shocked by a result was 2012. I actually thought Romney would win on the day of. 2016 I thought we'd lose until the "reopening" of the email case and Carlos Danger's laptop involvement. I felt a palpable change in dynamics from it, and put a lot of money into biotech stocks as a result. Made a killing on that.

As for this market, I'm still very cautious, yes. Part of it is political risk, yes.