Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Citizen

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I know you didn't ask me personally, but I'll insert my stance anyway. I'm pretty liberal on all these points: Pro euthanasia, pro MJ legalization, I advocate for gay rights, and think utah's liquor laws stink.

But to balance that out I am a strong advocate of constitutional carry gun laws, and believe in tighter immigration policies.

I think that makes me a Republicrat.

What about yourself?
    I think technically it makes you a libertarian. Me too, for what it's worth. I know it's like pissing into the wind, but if we could somehow break the 2 party stranglehold on our politics I may be able to once day vote for someone who represents what I think. For me most of the time I am voting for the slightly better than option. I think Trump is a conman and a crook, but most of the current crop of dems would like to enact all sorts of policies that would take my money and give it to others, and I am selfish and want to keep most of what I earn. I have no problem paying for community improvements like roads, security, libraries, schools, parks, etc. but draw the line somewhere to the right of paying off other peoples student loans and college tuition. The dems seem to have gone all in and telling people that everything wrong with their lives is the fault of billionaires and that they deserve the government to step in and give them everything for free.
    Thanos was right

Yeah I've never understood the concept that since billionaires exist that I'm somehow owed something more than what I earned of my own accord.

The billionaires aren't the problem.

If all those folks out there advocating for a 70% tax on the rich were somehow made filthy rich overnight do you think they would change their minds? Or would they still agree to pay 70% of all their income to the government? Ya, right.

The rich aren't the problem -- entitlements are the problem. If you're not satisfied with your current financial situation, step up and do something about it instead of putting on a Robin Hood mask and trying to evoke financial equality via stealing from the rich.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

5. Likes oldno7, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Robin Hood is bigger than Jesus.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yeah I've never understood the concept that since billionaires exist that I'm somehow owed something more than what I earned of my own accord.

The billionaires aren't the problem.

If all those folks out there advocating for a 70% tax on the rich were somehow made filthy rich overnight do you think they would change their minds? Or would they still agree to pay 70% of all their income to the government? Ya, right.

The rich aren't the problem -- entitlements are the problem. If you're not satisfied with your current financial situation, step up and do something about it instead of putting on a Robin Hood mask and trying to evoke financial equality via stealing from the rich.
    There was some petition somewhere/some time recent for the WalMart employees to ban together and cut down the CEO and top management salaries, to make them more equal.

So let's say you've got a salary of 5 MIL, and you've got 50k employees, you give each of them 100 bucks, and you're down to zero. So every one of your employees got $100 richer FOR THE WHOLE YEAR and you've got no salary. Problem solved?

People need to stop thinking that because somebody has a lot of money, there's less for everybody else. It's false. And this theory will ruin the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    People need to stop thinking that because somebody has a lot of money, there's less for everybody else. It's false. And this theory will ruin the economy.
    ^^^THIS^^^

unfortunately a large number of people don't understand basic economics... including many in Congress.

There are MILLIONS of people in our country that are definitively poor...by USA standards, at least. But there are many millions more that have a lot of nice stuff. You know what happens to a plate of cupcakes that's brought into a 3rd grade classroom? It disappears, and they want more.

A girlfriend of mine proclaimed herself a communist, and I said "Good luck with that, because you guys aren't getting jack shit." She laughed and said "Well, you can't stop a girl from trying". Can't stop any of them, really.

You know what's funny? You can get rich "representing" these people.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post

You know what's funny? You can get rich "representing" these people.
    It is kind of ironic that when they do get rich they don't immediately donate all their dough to the poor. The fact that Bernie doesn't see the irony in this quote is hilarious, “I wrote a best-selling book. If you write a best-selling book, you can be a millionaire, too,”

Replace writing a book with starting a business or investing in real estate though and suddenly it doesn't count. lol
    Thanos was right

Name:  7849E666-7999-47BA-B6C9-191E9FEFCCED.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  28.7 KB

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    What’s better than paying extortion money to the Mafia for ‘protection ‘? When the government does it for you. Who needs to be armed when the bad guys are paid to not rob you?
    Name:  EFD9490E-1D75-44A7-A1BE-6E48CD6342F2.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  17.5 KB
    The Richmond program utilizes a team of pseudo-social workers, typically former convicts, monitor high risk individuals and pitch them to join the program and eschew violence.In Richmond, the stipend for high risk individuals giving up violent activity ranges from $300 to $1,00 each month, depending on their progression in reaching personal and professional goals, Mother Jones reported.”

http://sjvsun.com/news/fresno/fresno...y-the-shooter/

Hahaha... so my daughter just sent this to me...

Climb-Utah.com

15. Likes twotimer, oldno7 liked this post
    Yep...and you should be proud.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

17. Likes oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post
    Name:  6711B072-B42F-436D-945A-A1295C72DF09.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  22.2 KB

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    That's quite the unfortunate story, so many alternative routes could have been taken.

Without knowing the story behind the struggle, why go for the kill? If you MUST shoot your gun, how about a warning shot, or at the very last straw, shoot the guy in the lower leg. But going for the kill?

What if he had just found out the girl had stolen 10K from his grandmother, or molested his child, or had run over a pedestrian while driving and texting? Still no justification to beat a woman as described, but there had to be some motive for this "reasonable" man to lose it.

The shooter could very well be charged with manslaughter if they find a certain backstory that would justify this "calm" man to get upset.
    Later reports indicate that witnesses said the guy started approaching the shooter after he ceased beating the woman.

Sorry if you are going to pull a gun your mentality should be to end the threat period. Warning shots and wounding shots are only good on TV. If you are not shooting center mass you are not training right.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Name:  6711B072-B42F-436D-945A-A1295C72DF09.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  22.2 KB

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Name:  E5AAF974-A2E0-4C8C-8FD6-A432BAE278BC.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  21.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    Sorry if you are going to pull a gun your mentality should be to end the threat period. Warning shots and wounding shots are only good on TV. If you are not shooting center mass you are not training right.
    Yep. This. Even with center of mass shooting, your target can still fight. There are so many videos out there of shooting victims still physically staying in the fight for 30+ seconds even after getting shot in the heart. Keep shooting until the threat is down and neutralized. Never fire warning shots (you are responsible for every round fired. Where is that warning shot going?) and never shoot to wound.
    Are we there yet?

24. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    "It's a hell of a thing killing a man. You take all he's got, and everything he's ever going to have".

Bill Munny.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

26. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Platinum level quote :-)

We are all taught the proper way to stop a threat in the concealed carry course, but it sure can be different when you've got a gun pointed at somebody. Suddenly the thought comes that this person has just made a mistake, maybe they're drunk or high, maybe something traumatic just happened to them, and I'm going to kill them for it, speaking from experience.

But I agree, if it's to protect somebody while the attacker is in the act, do what you must. But you'll have to live with it. They never follow up with the shooter to see how they're doing a year later.