Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Citizen

Congrats to the great citizens of Idaho. #2A Independence Day.

Name:  E6024064-0D2B-4FDE-AADA-FE36957ACD8E.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  29.2 KB

https://gregpruett.com/constitutiona...all-americans/
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Congrats to the great citizens of Idaho. #2A Independence Day.

Name:  E6024064-0D2B-4FDE-AADA-FE36957ACD8E.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  29.2 KB

https://gregpruett.com/constitutiona...all-americans/
    That's great. I'm heading up to ID to look at property next week. Am scouting a few western states for a last in life move. Just need to live in peace for 20 or 30 more, and urban areas won't be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    It truly is time to fortify your personal arsenal.
    Part of the plan B. We are being left to fend for ourselves.

Come on America... we can do better. Pump those numbers up....

6. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Part of the plan B. We are being left to fend for ourselves.
    Yes and no. I would imagine that most of these people buying guns are going to do the same thing that guy in St. Louis did...You ain't coming in MY house!

So what are these "anarchists"...a bunch of stupid bums. You have concerns about the future, but violence, looting, killing, vandalism and lack of security isn't going to have much appeal to the young 'uns. Not all of those under the age of 30 are down with blowing everything up and finding "success" somehow from the debris.

That's exactly what the liberal press and politicians are offering. Total chaos...and they're hoping somehow to snatch victory from the mess. They've lashed out like a wild animal because it's all they had left. Fighting. They've been fighting tooth and nail for 4 years but now they finally drew blood.

They're going to get their asses kicked in a few months.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Shooters Grill - Rifle Colorado. Owner and waitresses open carry heat.

Gonna have to plan on stopping in my next time through this area to check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/shootersgri...00532608/?vh=e

How NOT to troubleshoot your gun.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1929...2780087741937/

When you want to argue that one shouldn’t need any training to exercise self protection, It’s incidents like this that make you pause a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    How NOT to troubleshoot your gun.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1929...2780087741937/

When you want to argue that one shouldn’t need any training to exercise self protection, It’s incidents like this that make you pause a moment.
    I'm a house painter...inside and out. I've been in thousands of homes. Moving everything around, cleaning and painting and putting it all back. And I can assure you that most people are lazy. Filthy too, I might add.

Too many movies where they just point it and pull the trigger. "Just shoot them in the leg"....OK, good luck with that when you don't know what the f*ck you're doing. Hand a gun to most and watch as they miss a coffee can 20 feet away six times in a row. Straight outta Pulp Fiction.

You gotta learn how to manhandle any firearm you own. And then go to the range every few months (at least) to fire off a few dozen rounds to keep yourself familiar.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

11. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Name:  E0D44886-EA11-4E08-BE56-9A7C7FA259E3.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  17.1 KB

Well... there is that...

14. Likes 2065toyota liked this post

17. Likes Sombeech liked this post

Armed Citizen

This is NOT a guy who you wanted armed. I could hear them detonate both bombs today. You gotta read the details on this one...wow!

South Jordan evacuations lifted after officials detonate material in arrested man's home

The situation began last Saturday, July 18, when South Jordan police received reports of threatening text messages and calls about a mass shooting sent to the owner of a Culver's restaurant at 3372 W. South Jordan Parkway, according to a jail report.

Police identified McManigal as the person who sent the threats, according to the report. He claimed that the Culver's was harassing him, and "harassment is the reason mass shootings occur," the jail report states.

McManigal also asked the business owner how he would feel if he went into the Culver's and "mowed down customers and staff," according to the report.

On July 19, police received more reports that two nearby residents saw McManigal carrying an AR-style rifle outside his house, the jail report states. Several gunshots were reported around the time the residents saw McManigal with the gun, according to the report.

Police determined that after the shots were reported, McManigal posted on Facebook saying that he had shot out a street light. Officers checked an area near 10365 S. River Heights Drive, which is directly west of McManigal's house, and found a broken street light.

Further investigation revealed that McManigal was served with two protective orders last year, one in April and the other in June. Both orders prevent him from owning an AR-style rifle or any other firearm, according to the jail report.

Police were concerned about McManigal's mental health and reached out to a crisis team to help negotiate with him to turn over his guns to law enforcement, according to Pennington. They were unsuccessful.

"We tried to come to some sort of peaceful solution during the week but he wasn't real cooperative at all," Pennington said.

Due to the reports of threats, the calls about fired shots, the damage to the streetlight and the parameters of the protective orders, investigators obtained a warrant to search McManigal's home.

They served the warrant on Thursday about 11 p.m. McManigal refused to leave the home, and a SWAT team and some armored vehicles arrived on scene, the jail report states.

While an armored SWAT vehicle from West Valley City was approaching the house, "it came under heavy fire and was hit with numerous bullets out the front door of the house," the jail report states. Several rifle bullets also hit a South Jordan SWAT vehicle on the west side of the house, according to the report.

A team of marksmen on the roof of a business southwest of the home also reported hearing several rifle rounds fly over their heads, the report states. Another team of marksmen on the north side of the house reported the same experience, the jail report said.

A short time later, McManigal surrendered, came out of the home and was taken into custody without any injuries. No law enforcement officers were injured during the situation. McManigal fired at least 15 bullets during the confrontation, the report states.

McManigal later admitted to police that he shot towards officers until his gun jammed, at which point he surrendered and came outside, according to the jail report. He told investigators he was shooting at police so they would not kill him, and he shot out the street light in an effort to send a message to police to leave him alone, the report states.

He also admitted to knowing about the protective orders and owning several other firearms, the report alleges.

McManigal was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Friday morning for investigation of 23 felonies and three misdemeanors, including aggravated assault targeting law enforcement officers, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and violating protective orders.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50000507...sted-mans-home

Just throwing this out there, in case you hadn’t thought of it.

Name:  18280C0A-05C6-4E50-B7E8-C026640DB9EF.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  19.7 KB

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

BREAKING NEWS: NRA scores a HUGE win in California today. The 9th Circuit, led by a Trump-appointed judge, rules that ban on magazines with more than 10 rounds is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. This case will have repercussions nationwide.

Can't be understated. One link of many:
    https://www.ocregister.com/2020/08/1...ion-magazines/

CA will probably do the following. 1, ask for a TRO pending an en banc hearing before the full court. 2, ask for the en banc. Not sure how either ruling will go, but Trump flipped the 9th last year or so.

This is 2 wins in a row in CA Fed courts on this issue. Will have to go to the SC you'd think, in about 3 years.

Which sets the stakes monstrously high if Biden wins. I foresee the entire 2nd Am going down in totality with a leftist majority. They'll rule the 2nd Am prohibits private ownership based on the militia wording. Don't laugh about that.

All hands on deck in this election!

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    They'll rule the 2nd Am prohibits private ownership based on the militia wording. Don't laugh about that.
    The Supreme Court has already ruled on that and stated an individual's right to keep and bear arms is protected, and not connected to participation in a militia.

See District of Columbia vs Heller

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...er?wprov=sfla1

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The Supreme Court has already ruled on that and stated an individual's right to keep and bear arms is protected, and not connected to participation in a militia.

See District of Columbia vs Heller

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...er?wprov=sfla1
    I know the Heller decision well. Then the follow up ruling that applied it to the states. But with 5 Sotomayors? They won't hesitate.