Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: College Admission Bribery Scandal

College Admission Bribery Scandal

Back door deals of the Rich and Famous.

———

Among the more high-profile defendants named in the indictment are actors Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin.

Huffman was allegedly part of a scheme in which a proctor was arranged to help her daughter during the SAT and change her answers to help her get a higher score.

William Rick Singer is the man who sits at the heart of the scam.

The 59-year-old from California was indicted on charges of running an elaborate scheme to bribe university admissions officers.

William Rick Singer was indicted on charges of running an elaborate scheme to bribe university admissions officers.

Prosecutors said he arranged for fake "test takers" to appear on exam day to take the ACT and SAT university admission tests on behalf of his clients' children. It was also alleged he set up pictures of their kids playing sports, and even Photoshopped their faces onto stock photos of athletes in order to help them get coveted sports scholarships to elite schools.

In some cases, parents paid Singer as much as $US6 million ($A8.5 million) to get their kids into a good school.

https://people.com/movies/felicity-h...e=facebook.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What?!? Rich and famous people don't play by the same rules as the rest of us? Who knew...

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    This is where the 97% of scientist come from

Rich moms
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

5. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    This is where the 97% of scientist come from

Rich moms
    Now that's funny!

TBH...I kinda don't blame them. I never had kids but if I did and I had that much cash to burn I'd probably grease some palms to set them up...as long as my kid wasn't a fool who would waste it.

I've always wondered how a father must feel after forking out tens of thousands to educate the kid only to see them piss it away by having 3 kids and becoming a professional ski bum.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

You mean to tell me that people use their wealth and power to better themselves and their family? And that higher education is one big cash grab prettied up? I am shooketh.

In all honesty though, the "student-athlete" loophole was pretty clever. Still shitty, but clever.

Just 'cause it zips, don't mean it fits

This is why we need Bernie to get elected...So that all college is free, and this type of corruption will go away.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Some bartender in New York said the Earth is going to end in 12 years so all of this other crap is irrelevant.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Make them get degrees at Trump University... didn’t Eric Trump ski bum for years in Vail? This sucks but just sayin

Plus these Universities are so hard to get into because only Legacies go. Unless you are a smart athlete you don’t get into Stanford with a 4.0 and a 30 ACT. I’m not making excuses for them but unless your family went and donates, you don’t get in.

Maybe this is just affirmative action for dumb rich kids... we can't all claim to be Native American to get ahead...

Kinda like how Trump somehow got into Wharton and W got into Harvard? Seems like there was some palm greasing there.

Hell, I had a 4.0, 32 ACT, plenty of extracurriculars and even the U wouldn't give me a half decent scholarship

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Hell, I had a 4.0, 32 ACT, plenty of extracurriculars and even the U wouldn't give me a half decent scholarship
    Wtf?

Let me rephrase that...

WTF?!

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post

Good thing you have a famous dad..

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Mr. Macy's daughter's right boob is trying to sneak out and get at one of those Lindor truffles.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Mr. Macy's daughter's right boob is trying to sneak out and get at one of those Lindor truffles.
    Yup...I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to be the perv to speak up...you win!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I didn't want to be the perv...

You already gained that award when you posted a picture of yourself completely nude.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Good thing you have a famous dad..
    I see the problem now... Goats dad doesn't know anyone who owns a luxury yacht...

Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade was aboard USC official's yacht in Bahamas when mom was charged

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...er-was-charged