Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2019

Love these types of comments. So if Utah lost to Tennessee, then BYU is a better team, even-though Utah beat them. For some of the delusional, BYU is still better than Utah every year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^Zack Wilson's mom is a MILF.

Just sayin' ;-)

Climb-Utah.com

6. Likes accadacca, rockgremlin liked this post
    So, did that Tennesee win save Kilani's job, at least for a few more games?

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    So, did that Tennesee win save Kilani's job, at least for a few more games?
    Nah, his job was already safe at least through this year. I don't see them firing a head coach mid season without some scandal being the main cause. I still think he's a good coach and byu would be dumb to fire him after this year.

The problem with byu is with their fanbase. They perennially think way too highly of their team, and for some reason demand 11 win seasons. Bronco was a bit stodgy but is a great coach and they basically demanded his firing for his last 3 years in Provo. Now he has the doormat that is Virginia going to bowls and being ranked, and byu fans are demanding their new coach's head.

Only people dumber are the few Utah fans out there that demand Whit's head after every loss.
    Thanos was right

9. Likes Iceaxe, accadacca, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Just sayin' ;-)

Climb-Utah.com

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

BYU Football 2019

Just sayin' ;-)

Climb-Utah.com

They are a Utah Football family, but I think she has always been a Cougar.

Love or hate BYU football this is a great read....

BYU football and Knoxville police post Tennessee game

https://kslsports.com/416413/byu-foo...see-post-game/

Climb-Utah.com

13. Likes Scott Card, oldno7 liked this post
    Couldn’t help but comment on this Tennessee recap video. lol The delusional are still delusional.

What’s your score for the USC game? I’m bummed that I can’t watch both, because I’ll be at the Utah game. The Trojans are favored by 4.5.

^^^Why would anyone waste their time watching Utah play a glorified high school team? What a waste of a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I hate it when power 5 programs schedule 1AA schools. The competition isn't even good enough to be considered a pre season or tuneup game.... big yawn... If the fans refuse to support these games the schools will stop scheduling them.

I'll be watching BYU play USC. At least USC refuses to schedule glorified high school teams, which I credit them for.

Climb-Utah.com

^^^The line says USC by 4.5.

I say USC by a minimum of two touchdowns. And I really hope the Cougars can soften up USC's defensive line a little for next week's game against Utah.

Trojans 41
    Cougars 24

Last edited by rockgremlin; 09-12-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Pretty funny article about this week's matchup between BYU and USC:

https://reignoftroy.com/2019/09/11/b...ame-preview/2/

Some funny quotes from the article:

The Positives For USC

• BYU beat Tennessee last week, so they already got their upset out of the way.
    • It took two overtimes for BYU to beat the most embarrassing football program outside of UCLA.
    • The game is at 12:30 p.m., so no chance for any #Pac12AfterDark wackiness.
    • QB Zach Wilson threw two pick sixes against Utah, so hopefully the turnover skewer makes it through baggage claim.
    • No one expected this from Slovis, so he’s basically playing with house money for the rest of the season.

The Negatives For USC

• USC is ranked, so an upset usually follows right after that.
    • USC won last week, so their letdown game is still on the schedule.
    • The only way Clay Helton could prevent his team from looking ahead to Utah would be to give them the mind of a goldfish. Not sure how Magikarp would look lining up under center.
    • After the win against Tennessee, the Cougars may have a taste for once-prestigious, now-underwhelming Power 5 conference teams.
    • If Coke doesn’t have enough caffeine for Graham Harrell, the Trojans offense may fall asleep in the second half.

BYU are not the Mormons you may have seen portrayed in the broadway play. They throw shoes, injure players, and if all else fails, will just try to fight you. Not quite the guys in short-sleeve button downs and clip-on ties you ignore when they knock on your door. Hopefully USC can avoid the Cougars dirty antics and the starting quarterback finishes the game with two ACLs in tact. The Trojans are one for two so far this season.

Clay Helton doesn’t do well outside the Coliseum and USC doesn’t do well in Utah. Luckily, this game isn’t in Salt Lake City, so the results may be different this time around.

Last edited by rockgremlin; 09-12-2019 at 08:53 AM.

18. Likes accadacca, Iceaxe liked this post
    USC trying to give this one away. Now another OT. They will be tired. Wear them out for Utah.

3rd INT was the charm

Break out the blue flags. The cougars have won the national championship.

21. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Gotta hand it to the Cougars - great win over a ranked USC team that some folks were picking to win the South Division.

The Trojans got exposed today - they're not as dangerous as many folks were giving them credit for.

Hopefully this gives Utah some added confidence as the Trojans limp back to SoCal for next weekend's matchup against the Utes.

@Garbanzo was at the game and sent this to me. He’s a USC fan. Party in Provo! Break out the punch and cookies!

Nice win for the Cougars! Now the downside... USC seldom drops two in a row.

Climb-Utah.com

Big question now... is BYU that good or is USC that crappy?

It was pretty much understood that Tennessee was a bottom tier SEC team, but even bottom tier SEC is better than most...

Climb-Utah.com

Fun game. Was there, did not rush the field.
    Life is Good

27. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Big question now... is BYU that good or is USC that crappy?

It was pretty much understood that Tennessee was a bottom tier SEC team, but even bottom tier SEC is better than most...

Climb-Utah.com
    They’ve got a good team. However, they won the turnover battle and were given some gifts by the freshman.

Clay Helton was out coached in that game. No question. BYU was better prepared and beat them with less overall talent. That’s coaching.

29. Likes Scott Card liked this post