Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2019

San Francisco 49ers fueled by Baker Mayfield's pregame snub

It would be an exaggeration to cite Mayfield's snub of Sherman and fellow captain DeForest Buckner as the driving force behind the 49ers' 31-3 beatdown of the Browns in front of 70,042 fans and a "Monday Night Football" audience, but it was a topic of discussion among the Niners before, during and after the game. And Sherman, who intercepted a Mayfield pass less than two minutes into the first quarter -- setting the stage for the quarterback's long, miserable night -- was eager to elaborate when he and I spoke alone at his locker about 20 minutes after the carnage was complete.

"What's amazing, and annoying, was him not shaking hands at the beginning," Sherman said. "That's some college s---. It's ridiculous. We're all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent -- that's NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that's disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that's gonna get us fired up."

"Respect the game," Sherman said, referencing Mayfield's pregame behavior. "You can have rivals, but pay your respect in that moment -- especially when you're young.

"He hasn't earned anything in this league. How many games has he won? He's acting like he was the MVP last year. If (Patrick) Mahomes did that, it would be one thing. But he would never do that, because he has too much respect for the game.

"And when you see a guy who doesn't? You humble him every chance you get. Because eventually, he will have respect for the league -- or he'll be out of it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-pregame-snub

2. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mayfield is an entitled asshole who has thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns. He writes checks with his mouth that his arm cannot cash.

He keeps this shit up and he won't last long in this league.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

^^^Truth^^^

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^Truth^^^

Climb-Utah.com
    *Sometimes sober

The Mayfield/Sherman plot line takes a twist. Video shows Mayfield actually did shake hands?

https://deadspin.com/the-richard-she...ers-1838884401
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This is bizarre, Sherman's claim. Clearly Baker shook/slapped his hand. What was his reason for claiming otherwise?

Da Raiders are 5-4!

10. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    If Kap gets signed, I'm out. This was my first year back after 2.5 out. Tentative, as I suspected the league was just playing us, as most every institution in the country is leftist now.

But here we are again. I see the league scheduled his workout for a Saturday when teams are travelling, to keep it on the down low. But the reality is they coordinated a mass workout event for him? He doesn't even have to seek out his own audience? Incredible.

But regardless of when the workout, I suspect some team will sign him, partially using this opening facilitated by league as cover.

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I'd be surprised if Kaepernick gets signed. Professional sports is all about winning in the end and Kap doesn't help that. If teams thought they could win with Kaepernick, or that he could increase their chance of winning, he would already be on someone's payroll.

I'll say the same thing I said 2 years ago. Why would you hire Kapernick when there are better QB2's available for less and without the headaches.

Now if the NFL kicks in something on the side he might get signed....

Climb-Utah.com

I watched this live last night. Crazy stuff. Looked like a street fight.

^^^The video has been blocked by the NFL.

I've about had it with all the NFL bullshit...

Hmmm, the video is still working for me. Anyway, I bet most have seen it by now.

It works on my phone but is blocked on my computer. The message on the computer is "Blocked by NFL".

I've seen this blocking on certain devices before, but it's usually music videos and streaming to your phone.

Not sure why the NFL is blocking to computers. I'll have to check later and see if the NFL is still blocking certain platforms... it's a little late because as you mentioned it's already out there...

Myles Garrett suspended for remainder of year... minimum. Can apply for reinstatement next year.

Climb-Utah.com

I've decide Kaepernick is a total dumbass.... the biggest problem with Kaepernick, outside of him being just a mediocre QB, is teams see him as a chemistry disrupting drama queen... so the NFL goes out of its way to give him one last chance at the league, and Kaepernick immediately turns the tryout into a disruptive drama filled dog and pony show...

Colin Kaepernick does not appear to move needle into his direction after controversy-laden workout

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/colin...nterest-rumors

Climb-Utah.com

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

21. Likes rockgremlin, accadacca liked this post

NFL Football 2019

The NFL is getting good down the stretch. The 49ers are playing the Ravens this week and that will be a great matchup.

New England’s defense is putting up some of the best numbers in NFL history. The Seahawks are looking strong on both sides of the ball.

Who do you think is going to make some noise in the playoffs?

If I get to wish I'd like to see a Chief's and 49er Superbowl.... I don't think that's who will be there, but that would be my dream matchup at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If I get to wish I'd like to see a Chief's and 49er Superbowl.... I don't think that's who will be there, but that would be my dream matchup at the moment.
    Yeah that’s a sexy matchup or maybe Seahawks vs Chiefs

I think it’s going to be tough for anyone to get past the Pats defense. Except maybe the Ravens, who gave them their only loss.

The Seahawks are the only team to beat 49ers and these teams play to close the season.