Thread: Cosmo the Cougar

Cosmo the Cougar

I wore another mask while I was at BYU — a mask to cover the shame I felt for being “different.”

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...7931ae7a52818b

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cosmo probably just needs some good old fashion LDS conversation therapy.... that'll fix him.

/End Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Cosmo probably just needs some good old fashion LDS conversation therapy.... that'll fix him.

/End Sarcasm

The shock therapy kind?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    The shock therapy kind?
    I don't know, what did you guys use the fix Beech?

LMAO

I wore another mask while I was at BYU — a mask to cover the shame I felt for being “different.”

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...7931ae7a52818b

"During my senior year, the university I proudly represented was ranked as the second-most LGBTQ-unfriendly college in the United States, based on student responses to a Princeton Review survey."

Yeah, sounds like it. After they expelled you for being Gay, right?

"Most notable was Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles who charged everyone to “listen to and understand what our LGBT brothers and sisters are feeling and experiencing.”"

Ah dammit, the Mormons actually show tolerance when it comes right down to it. Maybe we can blame it on Trump instead.

I get it, the LGBT community feels they are discriminated against by the Mormon church. We all hear stories about that old lady that supposedly gave a strange look and massive conclusions were assumed (ignoring the HUGE showering of affection and support by anybody that knows they are Gay). But when you cut through the rumors and rhetoric, the support, friendship and tolerance of LGBT folks is growing. It's just a shame that phrases and false statistics continue to be repeated, continuing the rhetoric that Mormons hate Gays. It's just stupid. It's a simple #FIRSTWORLDPROBLEM fabricated from rich white kids that have never traveled outside of Utah to see a comparison, and realize that Utah LGBT kids have it pretty damned easy by comparison to other states and other parts of the world.

I've got 2 gay family members, possibly 3, and the first strike is NEVER made by church members. It's always some bullshit article they found online so they can start an argument with the Mormons on their facebook feed, demanding they get treated better, Mormons need to change this, need to learn that, need to adapt, Mormons need to do something about the suicide rate of gay Utah teens, as if the suicide rate in Kansas was to blame on Mormons too.

Anyway, when Cosmo the Cougar came out as Gay, he probably received thunderous applause by Mormon and non Mormon alike. It takes courage to come out, but we see that it is taking less and less courage, because it's always met with increasing celebration and support. Maybe it will get to the point where none of us care about the sexual orientation of somebody else. That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I don't know, what did you guys use the fix Beech?

LMAO
    Like I told you before, you can't afford my rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I've got 2 gay family members, possibly 3...

Beech is still waffling...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

9. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post