Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: List of hate crimes that were hoaxes...

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    First, if your quote was some pop culture reference, I didn't recognize it and the joke. I'm woefully out of the loop on pop stuff, especially being younger. So I took it wrong.

And yes, without you, this would be a right wing love fest board. So thank you for being the punching bag. That's not easy to do. Now let me recover a minute after praising you.

But on this we have to seriously disagree. The left loathes this country's basic founding values. Liberals did not loathe our values, but there are few of those in the Dem party anymore. Left and liberal is the divide of note, much more so than right and liberal.
    You should watch Billy Madison for the quote. Actually don't. It's a pretty shitty movie like just about any Sandler movie is. Seriously is there a more successful shitty actor than him? Good quote though.

Outside of media reports and social media, do you actually know any live humans that "loathe the county's basic founding values"? Maybe we run in different circles but I legitimately don't know anyone that thinks that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    His point was definitely not incoherent. It may have been logic that you disagree with, but it wasn't incoherent. It was easy to follow. He was arguing that if you constantly criticize something, it's a safe assumption that you don't like it. If you constantly criticize bogley and its members, then it's a safe assumption you're not a huge fan. If you constantly criticize the LDS Church and its members, then it's a safe assumption you're not a huge fan. If you constantly criticize the U.S. and its citizens, then it's a safe assumption you're not a huge fan. What's incoherent about that? It may be unique or incomplete logic, but not incoherent.

4. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Barkley made the jokes during his half-time coverage of a basketball game on Thursday night He, like countless others, was stunned by the claim Smollett paid his attackers with a personal check

And just because I'm on Youtube roll today....here's another well assembled compilation.

That quote right at the end of the video tells it all...

Last edited by rockgremlin; 03-11-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

9. Likes twotimer, dougrz liked this post
    Isn't it strange (not really) that when Smollet's hate crime was a hoax, that there wasn't this huge sigh of relief felt across the country among the Left?

Shouldn't we be relieved that racism isn't as strong and present as we all feared? Nah, it's just disappointment. People are upset that the hate crime wasn't real.

Shame

They got egg all over their faces and didn't even miss a beat. Kamala Harris looks around for someone to tell her what to say instead of saying this kind of nonsense is a no go zone and anyone doing it is a problem.

Like Ms. Behar said at the end of that video..."We're desperate to get rid of Trump"...so desperate that truth doesn't matter.

Isn't it amazing that anyone would follow these people? Every night I fall asleep within seconds of my head hitting the pillow...how can these folks live with all their hate and anxiety? They hit the cosmic lottery by being alive in the first place and then just waste it.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    "We're desperate to get rid of Trump"...so desperate that truth doesn't matter.
    I still just can't grasp this Trump Derangement Syndrome... I get it if you think the guy is a crappy President, I thought Obama was perhaps the worst President in my lifetime, It's certainly Obama or Jimmy Carter. It get it that Trump can be a total asshole. But the country is rolling along great under Trump, what's not to like? I wasn't a big Bill Clinton fan, but I'll give him credit that the country did well while he was in office.

I just don't get it, the best analogy I've heard is it's like being on an airplane and cheering for it to crash because you don't like the pilot.

I do business all the time with people I dislike or perhaps even despise, they are never my first choice of customers, but so long as we can make some money together I'll work with them when I have no other options.

14. Likes Sandstone Addiction, devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I still just can't grasp this Trump Derangement Syndrome... I get it if you think the guy is a crappy President, I thought Obama was perhaps the worst President in my lifetime, It's certainly Obama or Jimmy Carter. It get it that Trump can be a total asshole. But the country is rolling along great under Trump, what's not to like? I wasn't a big Bill Clinton fan, but I'll give him credit that the country did well while he was in office.

I just don't get it, the best analogy I've heard is it's like being on an airplane and cheering for it to crash because you don't like the pilot.

I do business all the time with people I dislike or perhaps even despise, they are never my first choice of customers, but so long as we can make some money together I'll work with them when I have no other options.

I don't understand it either.

They're not even trying to hide the fact that they're now playing dirty and will go to any lengths to get their way. It's like they now equate hating Trump to normal behavior, and anyone else that questions that mentality is either racist, misogynistic, stupid or all of the above. Won't they be shocked when Trump is re-elected in 2020?

16. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Won't they be shocked when Trump is re-elected in 2020? 8:
    Many of the moderate Democrats are praying for Biden to enter the Democratic race so they have a horse to bet on.

I also don't get this whole racist thing... the most racist government movement I've witnessed in my life was the election of Obama. Millions of people voted for him simply because he was black, it doesn't get any more racist then that.

/End Rant

Time is the only answer. You can't force the truth upon some people, they need to see it in retrospect for themselves.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ///.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

So Smollett beats the rap. No fine, no community service, no nothing.

Looks like filing a false police report in Chicago is perfectly legal?...or maybe it's a place where a black guy can unload a hoax like that and still be a victim.

I'd bet a bunch of high level phone calls were made. Must be nice...
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    So Smollett beats the rap. No fine, no community service, no nothing.

Looks like filing a false police report in Chicago is perfectly legal?...or maybe it's a place where a black guy can unload a hoax like that and still be a victim.

I'd bet a bunch of high level phone calls were made. Must be nice...
    If they convicted him of anything then the racist card would have been immediately played.

Much talk is made about "White Privilege", but I think "Black Privilege" is alive and well.

26. Likes oldno7, twotimer liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?