Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake

Earthquake

Pretty good shake at my house in South Jordan, Utah. Woke me up.

3.3 at 5:02am

3.8 at 5:09am

Epicenter in Bluffdale, UT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My dog work me up just before the first tremor. I got him settled down and he laid on the bed beside me. He bolted upright just a few seconds before the second round. Very cool!

4. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post
    My dog (blue tick hound) was also the one that alerted me to the earthquakes, he ran to the huge window in the front of the house and began to howl.

6. Likes double moo liked this post
    I haven’t felt that many quakes, so it was kind of interesting. I felt both of them and the distant noise of the earth creaking was kind of creepy.

I was in the Big Bear, Landers, North Ridge and Coalinga earthquakes in California, to name the bigger ones. I lived about 9 miles from the epicenter of the North Ridge quake that registered 6.7. That one was big enough for me. It pretty well shook us out of bed. The aftershocks (many, many of which were bigger than any of the recent quakes in Utah) went on for weeks. I remember more than once using the bathroom while watching the water slosh back and forth in the toilet bowl.
    Life is Good

https://www.ksl.com/article/46492845...-utah-saturday

The comments section is hilarious. "Is this normal?" Somebody claimed it wasn't on the Wasatch Fault since it was in Bluffdale.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I was living in California before, during and after the Loma Prieta Quake.. so felt nothing in SoJo during this last one - especially in comparison to that monster.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Earthquake

Here we go again California...

God hates California :-)

And their biggest problem is plastic straws and the sea level coming up an inch every 15 years?

Name:  B5530A8C-E181-4ED8-8373-BD80522E89FE.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  CB6067FF-63A8-4A30-BE3B-04BDF698E1F9.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  20.9 KB

17. Likes twotimer liked this post
    My daughter lives in LA. She posted a video of herself sitting under her kitchen table during the earthquake. She lives far enough away that it wasn't severe but, she said it made her a bit queasy. Maybe it scared her enough that she'll want to move back to Utah, haha!
    Are we there yet?

19. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Maybe it scared her enough that she'll want to move back to Utah, haha!

That's like outta the frying pan, into the fire.

San Andreas Fault ======> Wasatch Fault
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Freeze frame the video at 56 seconds. She went just a weeeee little bit outside of the lines. That earthquake was actually quite short, only about 8 seconds. Having been in my share of earthquakes, that was just enough to get the heart pounding, like the girl's was.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Freeze frame the video at 56 seconds. She went just a weeeee little bit outside of the lines. That earthquake was actually quite short, only about 8 seconds. Having been in my share of earthquakes, that was just enough to get the heart pounding, like the girl's was.

Name:  whoa.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  43.3 KB

Considering I'm a house painter...I can virtually guarantee you that picture she had on the wall was held up with a nail that wasn't much bigger than a needle.

Last big quake I felt was the Whittier quake in 1987. I lived in a condo just a few miles from the epicenter. My girlfriend and I were just getting ready to leave the place when it hit...I was upstairs and she was on the first floor by the TV. I said "HOLD ONTO THE ENTERTAINMENT CENTER!" ...because it was full of expensive stereo equipment. She left me for another dude a month later.

Jill Cohen was her name. Smokin' hot little Jewish gal. She said to me once "Byron, you're the kind of guy a girl dates, not the kind of guy a girl marries"...although I think that was her mother talking. Her mom never approved of me because I'm not Jewish. Funny thing...I never did marry, maybe she was right after all.

The guy she left me for...his name was Jamie Jamieson. A Jewish guy. They married, had two kids and then divorced.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Considering I'm a house painter...I can virtually guarantee you that picture she had on the wall was held up with a nail that wasn't much bigger than a needle.
    Yep, just enough to hold it up if nobody bumps it, and it makes a teenie tiny weenie hole in the wall so nobody will notice. I had to teach my wife the value of properly mounting up the "Live Laugh Love" sign, sometimes it means putting a small screw hole in the wall.

I'm kind of surprised you guys didn't notice what is right next to Ridgecrest, where the epicenter was.

https://news.usni.org/2019/07/09/cal...ission-capable
    Deb