Thread: Snowbasin joins EpicPass

Snowbasin joins EpicPass

https://www.ksl.com/article/46485042...sort-epic-pass

As a Davis County res, who has switched back and forth between season passes @ Snowbasin (due to closeness to home) and Park City (more skiable and variable terrain, despite the 2x longer commute), this is very welcome news. I am in love with this announcement. I'll admit, there are times when I've had PC pass, and we get one of those north of I-80 dumps that drops > 1 ft at the northern most resorts, but dusting at PC, I'm in envy and question whether to bite the bullet and buy a day pass an SB to snag the pow. Or, when it is dumping everywhere, and SLC and Parleys traffic is a mess to get up to PC, I can just head to SB. Now, I won't have to commit to 1 or the other for the season.

I also love the multi-resort options with the EpicPass. The last several years, we've taken a long weekend or 2 each year and gone over to Colorado or Tahoe and had a blast experiencing other resorts as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wonder if this will also include summer access for biking.

Careful what you wish for Basin. Epic opens up some options for you, but it also brings the hoards. It's a little different for you, because an Epic is also your season pass, but Alta and Snowbird joining IKON has blown. As a normal season pass holder, I see absolutely no benefit from the IKON pass, but it has brought a ton of people to the hill. This year has been the longest lines I have ever seen. And for whatever reason, the IKON pass holders seem to be lacking any common sense or even a basic understanding how things work. When a lifty says "front row", it really seems to be mentally taxing for them. Throw in a singles line merging and it just is too much to handle. And god forbid they learn how to not stop on a traverse.

Can you tell the crowds were awful yesterday, and I am ranting?

Yeah mobs are already there at Snowbasin. This was from a couple of weeks ago over at Strawberry. Imagine skiing down and seeing the line from half mile away, knowing you've passed the trails leading to other lifts.

Name:  50790029_10213271106032320_3788440491154997248_n.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  64.1 KB

It's been 5 yrs since I've been to SB, when I had my previous season pass there - mostly go on Fridays and Saturdays. As it was then, most crowds were in the gondola lines - if you kept to the non-gondola lifts (JP, Porky, Becker), you almost never had to wait in line. On non-dump, non-holiday weekdays, Strawberry wasn't bad either. Is that still the case?