Thread: Obama lie! Set Middle East back 20 years.

Obama lie! Set Middle East back 20 years.

Top Saudi official: Barack Obama lied, set Middle East back 20 years
    By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
    January 28, 2019 13:34 Shevat, 24, 5779
    The Jerusalem Post

Former US president Barack Obama lied to Saudi Arabia when violating the redlines he famously declared regarding Syria’s use of chemical weapons and then not acting when they were used, a former senior Saudi official said in an interview with Independent Arabia.

Bandar bin Sultan served for years as head of Saudi intelligence as well as the Saudi ambassador to the United States. In the interview, he recalled a last phone call between the late Saudi King Abdullah and Obama, during which the Saudi leader told the US president: “I did not expect that [after] this long life, I would see [the day] when an American president lies to me.”

Obama, bin Sultan said, “would promise something and do the opposite.” He said that the president took the Middle East back 20 years and also spoke critically of the Iran nuclear deal and how the former president spoke publicly about curbing Iran’s activities, but then went behind Saudi Arabia’s back and negotiated the nuclear deal.

These policies by Obama, he said, emboldened Russia and Iran and paved the way for them to enter Syria and interfere in the civil war that has raged there since 2011.

Syrian President Bashar Assad, he said, was a “kid” and that while his late father Hafez was capable of making decisions, Bashar could not.

Regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, bin Sultan said that the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat committed a “crime” against his people by rejecting the peace plan proposed by former president Bill Clinton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah man, the Middle East is a beast unto itself. I always thought the best chance for "world peace" or anything even close to it came and went in the 90s...especially with the fall of the Soviet Union. The world was divided in two halves, you were either with them or with us. So many of those countries were left to flounder...I think we should have been more aggressive in filling the vacuum...especially in Latin America and Africa.

It didn't happen. It's corruption and incompetence...it screws everything up, every time.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?