Thread: Not all heroes wear capes.

Not all heroes wear capes.

Gladys Knight McDowell, who will be singing the National Anthem for the SB:

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things, and they are police violence and injustice,” she wrote. “It is unfortunate that our National Anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the National Anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone.

I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3 to give the Anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life, from walking back hallways, from marching with our social leaders, from using my voice for good — I have been in the forefront of this battle longer than most of those voicing their opinions to win the right to sing our country’s Anthem on a stage as large as the Super Bowl LIII.

“No matter who chooses to deflect with this narrative and continue to mix these two in the same message, it is not so and cannot be made so by anyone speaking it. I pray that this National Anthem will bring us all together in a way never before witnessed and we can move forward and untangle these truths which mean so much to all of us.” ~ Gladys Knight McDowell

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...jNzTc9lyrulbdE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name:  3052F5C3-E4FB-465F-969B-68417F6BE0BF.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  21.7 KB

Name:  9462214B-0E6A-4E4C-ABEE-E547A950330D.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  21.2 KB

5. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin, devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Name:  9462214B-0E6A-4E4C-ABEE-E547A950330D.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  21.2 KB

OMIGOSH he is so, so right!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    OMIGOSH he is so, so right!!
    Indeed he is. Unfortunately, he probably just blew up his career.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    That kid is gonna be the next hot shot district attorney.

11. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    That kid is gonna be the next hot shot district attorney.
    The left will destroy him before then. Probably accuse him of pulling a train on first grade girls while doing bong hits with the principal....

13. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Name:  00952F3E-4DB5-48D9-96D3-F6071DEA4371.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  28.6 KB

15. Likes Iceaxe, devo_stevo liked this post
    We salute you fake traffic jam maker guy.

Name:  A3D55F27-0900-4695-B4B7-D7168A94946E.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  20.9 KB

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9...ource=vicefbus
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

17. Likes double moo liked this post
    What would you ask him?

Name:  AC66F84F-88D1-497B-AC3E-447973D00C42.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  18.9 KB

Hey Basin Cruiser. I like that you put J. Reuben Clark in your signature.

"During Clark's lifetime, Utah had de facto segregation policies, and males of African descent were excluded from the LDS priesthood. As a church leader, Clark resisted the social integration of whites and blacks and strongly opposed interracial marriage, explaining in a 1949 letter: "Since they are not entitled to the Priesthood, the Church discourages social intercourse with the negro race, because such intercourse leads to marriage, and the offspring possess negro blood and is therefore subject to the inhibition set out in our Scripture."[51] Clark nevertheless expressed support for Brown v. Board of Education, stating that "the Latter-day Saints willingly accord to [blacks] in civil matters all the rights, privileges, liberties, and protection guaranteed them... in all their social, economic, and political activities."[52]
    Quinn notes that "there was one ethnic group, however, for whom Reuben expressed lifelong dislike and distrust—the Jewish people."[53] According to Quinn, Clark kept several copies of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in his personal library and shared it and other anti-Semitic publications with colleagues and acquaintances.[54] He expressed anti-Semitic attitudes in "code words publicly and in specifics privately" and used his church position to obstruct what he perceived as "Jewish influence."[55] After Nazi Germany's annexation of Austria, Clark denied desperate pleas by Austrian Mormon converts from Judaism who sought the church's help in emigrating to safety.[56]"

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post

"During Clark's lifetime, Utah had de facto segregation policies, and males of African descent were excluded from the LDS priesthood. As a church leader, Clark resisted the social integration of whites and blacks and strongly opposed interracial marriage, explaining in a 1949 letter: "Since they are not entitled to the Priesthood, the Church discourages social intercourse with the negro race, because such intercourse leads to marriage, and the offspring possess negro blood and is therefore subject to the inhibition set out in our Scripture."[51] Clark nevertheless expressed support for Brown v. Board of Education, stating that "the Latter-day Saints willingly accord to [blacks] in civil matters all the rights, privileges, liberties, and protection guaranteed them... in all their social, economic, and political activities."[52]
    Quinn notes that "there was one ethnic group, however, for whom Reuben expressed lifelong dislike and distrust—the Jewish people."[53] According to Quinn, Clark kept several copies of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in his personal library and shared it and other anti-Semitic publications with colleagues and acquaintances.[54] He expressed anti-Semitic attitudes in "code words publicly and in specifics privately" and used his church position to obstruct what he perceived as "Jewish influence."[55] After Nazi Germany's annexation of Austria, Clark denied desperate pleas by Austrian Mormon converts from Judaism who sought the church's help in emigrating to safety.[56]"
    So what's the problem?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

21. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    So what's the problem?
    +1

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    +1
    +1

25. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post

That’s nice to know, thanks. From now on, I’ll pass through you any quotes so you can do a background check and see what kind of dirt you can dig up on them. Especially when it has nothing to do with the quote.

oh, and have a nice day.

27. Likes Byron, oldno7 liked this post