Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White Privilege

White privilege: being a member of the only race that it is impossible to do anything racist towards.

Name:  D6F01F9C-A4BF-4821-96E3-69EA648F3C03.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  18.8 KB

http://www.facebook.com/WorldCloudLA/videos/807724096018441?sfns=mo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Like white privilege, but different...

4. Likes dougrz, rockgremlin liked this post
    Name:  ACF933D1-6102-4343-99F1-6473C78F2CCD.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  19.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Read this if you haven't. You want to talk about a race war? The incitement in this is astonishing. Import another 30 million 3rd worlders who are ripe for rhetoric like this, led by radical leftist Americans, and we'll see land confiscation Africa style. Wow. The 2nd Am had better hold.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Read this if you haven't. You want to talk about a race war? The incitement in this is astonishing. Import another 30 million 3rd worlders who are ripe for rhetoric like this, led by radical leftist Americans, and we'll see land confiscation Africa style. Wow. The 2nd Am had better hold.
    I'd rather not as I like to maintain my blood pressure at below 200/100.

If the day ever comes where the U.S. is on the brink of Civil War over racial issues, I'd rather just do the following:

1. Re-locate to the most remote location in Southern Utah and live off the land, away from people, or

2. Re-locate to a different country that is not as crazy -- like Chile, or Australia.

You won't see me sticking around here engaging with the crazies. My philosophy is if you get down and wallow in the mud with the pigs that makes you a pig too.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 02-28-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'll go back to what I keep going back to in these threads. Do you know anyone in your everyday life that is close to thinking about revolution? Me neither. Are there some nut jobs out there who would like this? Sure. The white nationalists up in Idaho, some of those clowns that took over the wildlife refuge a few years ago, some extreme left wing weirdos, etc., But that vast majority of Americans are nowhere near thinking of revolution. In fact, I know nobody personally who would think that. But if yo live your life online, who knows what you come up with. If you only read tabloid garbage like Huffpo and TheDailyCaller I'm afraid you have a very skewed and inaccurate view of the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I'll go back to what I keep going back to in these threads. Do you know anyone in your everyday life that is close to thinking about revolution? Me neither. Are there some nut jobs out there who would like this? Sure. The white nationalists up in Idaho, some of those clowns that took over the wildlife refuge a few years ago, some extreme left wing weirdos, etc., But that vast majority of Americans are nowhere near thinking of revolution. In fact, I know nobody personally who would think that. But if yo live your life online, who knows what you come up with. If you only read tabloid garbage like Huffpo and TheDailyCaller I'm afraid you have a very skewed and inaccurate view of the real world.

Tend to agree here. I think the majority of folks live in the middle ground and realize that anything that resembles a revolution is going to mean the end of the comfortable life they enjoy now.

I'll go back to what I keep going back to in these threads. Do you know anyone in your everyday life that is close to thinking about revolution?
    Yes I do, many people in fact, several work for me. Not only do they believe an uprising is coming they are stockpiling food, weapons and ammunition for it.

I honestly can't believe you live in Utah and haven't met a number of "PrePar".

Did you not follow the Clive Bundy deal a couple years back? Bundy's backers were prepared to go to war with the Federal Government. Many in this country will never let another Waco or Rudy Ridge happen again without it breaking out into a large scale armed conflict.

Or maybe I'm just closer to the situation and see a lot more then you as my family sales and manufactures firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Yes I do, many people in fact, several work for me. Not only do they believe an uprising is coming they are stockpiling food, weapons and ammunition for it.

I honestly can't believe you live in Utah and haven't met a number of "PrePar".

Did you not follow the Clive Bundy deal a couple years back? Bundy's backers were prepared to go to war with the Federal Government. Many in this country will never let another Waco or Rudy Ridge happen again without it breaking out into a large scale armed conflict.

Or maybe I'm just closer to the situation and see a lot more then you as my family sales and manufactures firearms.
    I do know a handful of preppers, but they are more along the lines of "shit could hit the fan at some point and I want to be prepared" and not the "If the government (or dems, or repubs, etc) does XYZ, I am not gonna stand for it" type. The "shit could hit the fan" types are not looking for any particular uprising but are worried about all sorts of possibilities: nuclear war, a killer virus, switching of the poles, volcanic eruption, etc.

What do you think Ice. Are we facing any decent chance of some type of civil war in the next decade? If I had to put it at a percentage change it would be in the .001% range. Most Americans are too damn fat and lazy to walk their dogs let alone march off to war with their neighbors.

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Do you know anyone in your everyday life that is close to thinking about revolution? Me neither. Are there some nut jobs out there who would like this? Sure. The white nationalists up in Idaho, some of those clowns that took over the wildlife refuge a few years ago, some extreme left wing weirdos, etc., But that vast majority of Americans are nowhere near thinking of revolution.
    I have a good friend originally from Croatia. The stories of the war in the 90s, wow. One interesting point is his telling of how neighbors of decades turned on each other. Once society broke down, neighbor killed neighbor, homes were burnt to the ground, old friends killed kids and such. Harrowing, gut wrenching stories.

The biggest takeaway is, there is no guarantee of civility and decency and order in a society. There is nothing magical about this country to not have this occur. Only the bonds we used to feel as Americans first, family bloodlines second. But that seems to be passe.

Our incredible nation is a freak of history, a delicate butterfly. What ticks me off more than anything are people who do not understand this and treat what we have flippantly. Articles like the above.

So my thought, yes, we are closer to this. You can't import 50 million foreigners who have no particular care for our country, its history, its values, its people and not expect... lack of care for all those. But then worse, of the natives, the vitriol is of a level not seen since the Civil War. The divide is so deep, so unbridgeable in my view. We've never had a radical left in this country and now we do. Hell, William Jennings Bryan, the leftist of his day, would be a Trump wing Republican. We actually had more in common during the Civil War than now.

14. Likes twotimer liked this post
    What do you think Ice. Are we facing any decent chance of some type of civil war in the next decade? If I had to put it at a percentage change it would be in the .001% range. Most Americans are too damn fat and lazy to walk their dogs let alone march off to war with their neighbors.
    Do you know your history?

Do you know what happened the last time the nation was this divided?

Do you know what happened the last time the US had a president that was this hated by this many?

Why do yo think this time will be different?

As for American's being to fat to fight history has also taught us another lesson... the middle of the country is not who leads us to war. It's the extreme ends that always lead us into war and that is what scares me at the moment is the extreme left is leading the charge at the moment.

I've posted this before, we are already at war, we just haven't started pulling triggers yet...

Americans Cold Civil War
    https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/ameri...anmedinsurance

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Who is this asshole? And how many really take this shit seriously? I will admit though, that it is a bit distressing to see stories like this so frequently. Just make MSN your homepage for a week and you'll see what I mean.

In Hawaii, there's a small but vocal group that wants the Haloe (white people) to get the hell out. They don't want to be part of the United States anymore...which is funny because so many of them are living off welfare chicken. They even have a "protest" radio station on the Big Island..."Statue of Liberty don't mean shit to me"...stuff like that. When the rubber hits the road though, they're largely ignored. A fringe group of losers.

The Croatian War was largely religious and territorial pissings...the aftermath of the breakup of Yugoslavia. But a point well made nonetheless.

If anything looking like a "race war" were to happen, I think it would occur in Europe before it got going here. Keep an eye on France, eh?

I think as long as our grocery stores keep overflowing with food, things will be OK.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I think as long as our grocery stores keep overflowing with food, things will be OK.
    Bernie and AOC are working on fixing that...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It's the extreme ends that always lead us into war and that is what scares me at the moment is the extreme left is leading the charge at the moment.
    Fly's assertion that a "revolt" is unlikely is probably accurate. In that a revolt implies something against the govt. No, the risk is leftist action against non-leftists on a personal level, and using the power of govt against such on a wider level. Hence the stories from Croatia about neighbor on neighbor violence being relevant.

You can't have a media megaphone echoing the calling of Trump and his supporters Nazis, and calling their movement "resistance," without a consequence. Nazis are not to be debated or even tolerated. They are to be eliminated. The visceral hatred I see and hear in my leftist relatives and friends leads me to believe that given unchecked power, we non-leftists would be at best isolated from society and at worst jailed (or worse). The risk is that serious, the knife's edge that critical now. We already routinely see professional and personal "death penalties" eliminating unacceptable non-leftists from society.

Add millions of mindless or leftist kids graduating from public school yearly, and the 1.5 million 3rd worlders immigrating who take strife and lawlessness as a way of life, and you get a very bad outcome for non-leftists.

GREAT piece. Really ties together the entire political landscape movement. Very nice link, ice, thanks.

I honestly don't think we're navigating through uncharted waters today. Things have been this terrible before and we've managed to get through just fine.

The younger generation probably won't recall the atrocities committed during the 1960's and 1970's when tempers flared so violently that the National Guard was shooting innocent college students in the streets.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Just five days after the shootings, 100,000 people demonstrated in Washington, D.C., against the war and the killing of unarmed student protesters. Ray Price, Nixon's chief speechwriter from 1969 to 1974, recalled the Washington demonstrations saying, "The city was an armed camp. The mobs were smashing windows, slashing tires, dragging parked cars into intersections, even throwing bedsprings off overpasses into the traffic down below. This was the quote, student protest. That's not student protest, that's civil war."
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 03-03-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Things were really ugly in the late 60's and early 70's, I remember the turmoil well. The nation came close to splintering.

The radicals of the late 60s were street protestors, seething against the strong conservative institutions of govt. We don't have anything to stop the left now. They are a mere single, and likely, election from transforming the nation quickly. First push will be amnesty, then it's game over.

You can can only get away with this if you’re white.

Name:  76B30F60-0710-4C5B-B5DA-69307434BB8D.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  19.5 KB

Name:  9416CAC1-5871-49D1-BDC3-27E4D22EDC6A.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  29.9 KB

Three gay dudes standing in solidarity....