Thread: Baseball 2019

Baseball 2019

Before we all lynch me for starting a baseball thread lets take bets on where Harper and Machado sign.

I think Machado signs first and ends up with the White Sox. Harper signs sometime in February and goes back to the Nationals.

Just 'cause it zips, don't mean it fits

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

F*ck 'em all...ROCKIES!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

What is this baseball of which you speak?

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Machado to Padres - 300M for 10 years

Largest free-agent contract in American sports history. Not official until the physical, but he is expected to sign on Friday.

Can't blame the guy. 10 years in sunny San Diego or cold as balls Chicago?
    Just 'cause it zips, don't mean it fits

Yeah,to enter the basketball industry, you need more than tens of hundreds of dollars ' worth of equipment. And not the fact that you will play well.Whether it's in baseball, you choose your equipment, better quality, and hit the ball. The first of all you need to choose the best baseball wooden bats and then everything will go as it should, and you will learn to play. This is at least not tennis, which involves only privileged citizens. with a particularly large income

I'm so proud of my Colorado Rockies!

Only one kneeled during he Anthem, Kemp the black guy and that doesn't bother me at all...all the rest stood tall before and during the Anthem.

I'd heard that the entire Giants team took a knee and was worried that if the Rockies did that for their opener, I'd have to boycott them this year, but alas it was not to be! Thank God, because I've been jonesin' for baseball for months.

Funny how one whole team will do it, but another won't. I think it goes to show they're having a conversation about it, for sure. I'd say it shows how influential certain players or perhaps the manager can be.

If I were a pro athlete I wouldn't take a knee under any circumstances...and if asked why I'd say I don't bend to pressure from the media or certainly anyone that "demands" that I do so. Has nothing to do with racism...just a belief that doing so is for sissy c*cksuckers or those that are easily pushed around. Good luck to the black folks, but you 'aint gonna see me grovel.

Baseball is on! I would guess that ALL the black guys in the NFL will take a knee...I wonder how many white players will remain standing? I'll bet a few do. We'll see.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

And that isn't good enough for me. The MLB power structure is all-in on spitting on the country. They've made a conscious decision to dump their American fan base and appeal to the millennial effs. I don't anticipate ever watching again.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

11. Likes rockgremlin, BasinCruiser, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

The second the league managers politicized the sport is the second I stopped giving a shit. I don't tune in to sports to get a lecture on morals.

At least the UFC is steering relatively clear of all the political drama. In fact, I give Dana White high marks for taking UFC fights to a private island overseas to continue the sport where everyone else in America was quarantined.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

13. Likes oldno7, dougrz liked this post
    I wonder if any NHL players will kneel? And for only the US anthem?

15. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

17. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Baseball has been irrelevant for at least the last 20 years... who gives a shit what MLB does...