Thread: Finally, some good news!

Finally, some good news!

US fertility rate is dropping below replacement levels. Hallelujah! If only we could get the third world to follow suit.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46465386...ion-study-says

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

LOL I just barely read that article. The following thought went through my mind:

Name:  scroog.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  68.7 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    US fertility rate is dropping below replacement levels.
    The big problem with this is nearly all our government entitlement programs are based on a model of increasing population. Just curious how liberals plan to handle that?

Personally I'd prefer we discontinue all entitlement programs, but that's just me.

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The big problem with this is nearly all our government entitlement programs are based on a model of increasing population. Just curious how liberals plan to handle that?

Personally I'd prefer we discontinue all entitlement programs, but that's just me.
    Can't we just print more money? It's what we did for Trump's tax cut and what he wants to do for the wall. Either way, I'd rather figure out how to fix our various national Ponzi schemes instead of how to find food and water in 40 years.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

On a side note about entitlements, this is the time I get to get pissed off when I hear about lazy bastards who basically pay $0 income taxes throughout the year celebrating their $7,000 tax returns. I'd support trump 100% if he got rid of the earned income tax credit and any other refundable tax credit that allows people to get refunded more than they paid. I'm cool with the poor paying very little or even no taxes, but no American should get a tax "refund" for more than they paid.

^^^You might not have to worry about that for a while -- as long as the shutdown persists...

Or is the IRS still working?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Can't we just print more money? It's what we did for Trump's tax cut and what he wants to do for the wall.
    Yup... it's all Trump's fault. He's the only guy in Washington the past 50 years spending money like a drunken sailor.

/End sarcasm

9. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^You might not have to worry about that for a while -- as long as the shutdown persists...

Or is the IRS still working?
    Not 100% sure, but I think the IRS is going to process tax returns during the shutdown. I'd bet a good portion of both bases have a lot of folks who live on that return. If you ever work in a bank, you'll notice the biggest tax refund checks always went to the same dipshits asking for NSF refunds every week. Both sides have a metric shit ton of these people. Can't piss of their bases! Can you tell I never get big returns and pay too much in taxes? lol. I just looked at my year end statement and between all of the various federal state and federal withholdings I paid 33% of my gross wages in taxes. I have a herd of kids and a mortgage for deductions, but if the last 5 years are any indication I will pretty much break even at tax time. I don't make Iceaxe money, but between my wife and I, we will pay in the 6 digits in taxes and it is pissing me off.

I just realized that throughout all of the political debates on this board, this was the first post where I was truly mad. haha. And it wasn't even at any of you!