Thread: Canyoneering Shoes

Canyoneering Shoes

A little over a year ago I fell (not canyoneering) and shattered both my Tibia and Fibula right at my ankle joint into about 5-6 pieces each. The doctor said about a year recovery and while I am past that and not 100% it is time to get on with life and look forward to this next year and attempting to get back into the outdoors.

My current canyoneering shoes (5.10 Canyoneer 2) will no longer fit as my foot is permanently swollen. Is there another canyon shoe that would be recommended. Hoping for something with a wide width of possible.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I personally like a smaller shoe, unless the canyon is rally cold and I need a 5mm sock, but the bastards are a pretty roomy boot. Though last time I checked, I think you can only buy them in St. George since they are from Spain.

If your ankle is swollen I would look into a low profile approach shoe with stealth rubber.

Thank you for the comments. Both my ankle and foot are swollen and so I would definitely need something with a wider width.

Out of the few shoes that I have tested in canyons my favorite is the LA Sportiva Boulder X. I would recommend trying them on before purchasing but they are ridiculously comfortable and sticky. The only downside is that they take quite some time to dry out after getting them wet. This is actually the only shoe that holds up to a year's worth of caving and canyoneering, thus far.