Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Playoffs

2019 NFL Playoffs

Dang, the Saints got robbed on that PI. Hate to see a bad call impact a teams trip to the Super Bowl.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Dang, the Saints got robbed on that PI. Hate to see a call impact a teams trip to the Super Bowl.
    When I was coaching football I used to tell my teams if you don't want to lose games to bad calls then don't leave the game up to the referee.

Saint's lost that game by settling for two field goals inside the 10 and giving up a fake punt.

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

Brees threw the pick too. So...

Anyway, that no call on the PI will be known as the asterisk for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Anyway, that no call on the PI will be known as the asterisk for the Rams.
    I doubt it... in three weeks almost no one will even remember it.

The referee decides a big game with a bad call almost every year. How many of them can you actually name or did you actually care about after the next game was played.

Saint fans will be bitching for a while but few others.

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Geez.............no reason to be nasty. Yes - there were a couple of missed calls by the refs, but I agree - the game shouldn't rest on just those missed calls. I said during the half that whoever had the ball last would win. It happened. It wasn't the ending the fans hoped for, but we had a spectacular season! Saints fan for life!

Never regret anything that made you smile!

7. Likes accadacca, Iceaxe liked this post
    That quarterback for the Rams is really good. No matter who wins this next game, we might have a good Super Bowl.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

FWIW - Here are a few of the missed calls against the Saints. Just in case a anyone wants to feel better about the officiating.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Patriots and Rams. Patriots win...sorry.
    Nailed it.

Not so sure about the Patriots taking it all, though. The Chiefs lost tonight because they didn't have the men to cover Gronk and Edelman.

Whoever that guy was calling Color on that game sure knew his shit. He was calling the plays, especially in the 2nd half. Somebody should hire that guy just to be the brainiac on the sidelines.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

11. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Patriots do it again. Unbelievable.

Is #6 coming?

Both of my picks lost at home and in OT. Wild stuff.

That guy on color was former QB of the Dallas Cowboys, Tony Romo.

I hated Tony Romo as a QB, but he is by far the best color man in the business.

I get a kick out of how he calls the play before the ball is snapped. He also gives you great insight into what is happening. Like telling you the reason the Pats keep completing 3rd and long is because KC keeps dropping into the same 2 deep safeties.

Climb-Utah.com

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I think Savanah is going to be righteously pissed about the no call(pass interference) that would have ended the game, likely in favor of the saints.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

15. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    Name:  qnAv4Ay.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  55.1 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I think Savanah is going to be righteously pissed about the no call(pass interference) that would have ended the game, likely in favor of the saints.
    I like that......"righteously pissed".

There is SO much out today about this one non-call that it's sickening. Even a call to Sean Payton from the NFL admitting they blew it on the call. Hmmm.....thanks?? Not the first time that bad officiating effected a game and it won't be the last. There were a total of 4 non-calls that would've been against the Rams. As Shane so nicely showed in an earlier post, the Saints were not alone in not being flagged at times. HOWEVER..........that one play on the 10 yd line was not only a PI non-call, it was also a helmet to helmet non-call. I say have a "runner-up" play off game every year between the teams that lose in their divisional championship games. I'd pay to see the Saints play the Chiefs!

The ref from yesterday's Saints/Rams game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkLAL5vulS8

OK......I need to laugh......

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    I'd pay to see the Saints play the Chiefs!

So would I! There was an umpire in a major league baseball game that blew a no-hitter on a safe call at first where he was out by a mile. Made big news about 5 years ago. This ref here just straight up choked...froze up.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Tony Romo finally makes it to the Superbowl.

http://dailysnark.com/tony-romo-to-c...-bowl-for-cbs/
    Well good for him. He did a fine job. I reckon I wasn't the only one to notice...I didn't know who he was until Acca pointed it out. So now let's see if he overdoes it next time...Mr. Fortune Teller.

You know he gonna study up those teams real good. He already knows the Patriots pretty damn well. Early in the game I figured him to be a Brady fanboy, but then he leveled out pretty good.

I just felt sorry for the Chiefs that they couldn't see what he was seeing.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Well good for him. He did a fine job. I reckon I wasn't the only one to notice...I didn't know who he was until Acca pointed it out. So now let's see if he overdoes it next time...Mr. Fortune Teller.
    I doubt Romo will change things up. That game was a carbon copy of exactly how Romo has preformed at every game he has called this year. he has been calling the plays before the snap all year long.

If you look back through the NFL 2018 thread I think you'll find comments on Romo's color broadcasting and his ability to call the play pre-snap.

2019 NFL Playoffs

So would I! There was an umpire in a major league baseball game that blew a no-hitter on a safe call at first where he was out by a mile. Made big news about 5 years ago. This ref here just straight up choked...froze up.
    Yeah and I don’t see this blowing over like Iceaxe said. Fans are pissed and it’s become a big deal online. I agree that the refs missed calls against the Saints, but did those missed calls decide the game? This was a missed call at a critical moment that in all likelihood would have put the Saints in the Super Bowl.

25. Likes savanna3313 liked this post