Page 70 of 246 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 4905

Thread: 2020

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mountain Man
    Looks like a huge Biden win in SC. Bigger than the most optimistic polls. Probably says the Obama draw for black voters is still strong.

I think he might be able to win the nom. Sanders' road is to thread the needle between a split Bloomber/Biden vote.

Crazy.

Tom Steyer just packed up his money and bailed out of the Presidential race.

As of now, given Bloomberg's terrible 2 weeks and Biden's resurgence and Sanders' leads in CA and TX, I can see any of the 3 winning. Biden or Bloomberg on 2nd or 3rd ballot via superdelegate theft.

But if forced to bet, I'd say Biden on the 2nd ballot. Sanders goes in leading in delegates, all other candidates back Biden except for Warren, superdels go Biden, Sanders has it stolen. Superdels might secretly prefer Bloomberg and his cash, but polling suggesting serious dislike of Bloomberg based on Warren's effective attacks seal his fate.

Biden? For Christ's sake, the big party is still 3 months away and it doesn't look like he'll make it that far before someone has to lead him around by the hand...let alone the election. That guy isn't going to be able to grind out 4 years...seems to me his VP will end up the prez by proxy.

I've been talking to several liberal clients and friends of mine and they all are just waiting to see who's standing last. They hate Trump but aren't enthusiastic about Bernie at all. I ask "Will you vote for Bernie?" and none will give an answer...they're all in a holding pattern. These are older folks who have money.

Interesting to see how Tuesday plays out...I think Amy, Pete and Warren will be gone, finally. It'll also determine if Sanders is truly legit.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Mountain Man
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Interesting to see how Tuesday plays out...I think Amy, Pete and Warren will be gone, finally. It'll also determine if Sanders is truly legit.
    Agree with that specifically. So given they'll all endorse, you'd have to think Warren for Sanders, all others for Biden? Maybe 1 for Bloomberg? Then Biden v Bloomberg v Sanders. This poll about Bloomberg I think is telling: https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...g-unfavorably/ "South Carolina Exit Poll: Two-Thirds of Democrats View Bloomberg Unfavorably."

Party apparatus wants Bloomberg and his money. Rank and file genuinely dislike Bloomberg. Rank and file prefer Biden but think he's senile and weak. Dedicated wing is for Sanders no matter what. Looks brokered.

Bloomberg is out... he doesn't have the character or charisma to ever be elected President and everyone now sees that.

It's now up to Bernie to win 2376 delegates (50%) before the Democratic Convention. If Bernie doesn't reach 2376 the DNC will do everything in its power to stop Bernie.... including attempting to put Hillary or Micheal Obama up as a candidate. If Bernie doesn't reach 2376 the Democratic Convention will be a blood bath.

Everyone knows Bernie can't beat Trump. Right now Sleepy Joe is the only Democrat with a snowball's chance of winning.

Liberals have a habit of being very unforgiving to anyone that has a different opinion than them. I'm hoping this coming civil war inside the DNC rips the party apart and a more moderate party emerges.

Climb-Utah.com

Mountain Man
    ^ I think it's indeed shaping up that way. Remarkable turn of events. If Warren's attacks on Bloomberg killed him as it seems, she paved the way for Sanders or Biden.

Look at the MA polls:

Name:  bpma.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  38.3 KB

11. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Just a thought... what if the DNC can broker a deal for a Biden/Warren ticket?

Climb-Utah.com

Mountain Man
    Given CA and TX are the lion's share on Tuesday, these. Consider the polling for NV and SC correctly predicted the winners, but missed the margin by a lot. The leaders showing momentum late saw their momentum magnified into voting day. Sanders doing well in both the biguns would be a hell of a result for him. Especially if no one else gets to 15% in CA and he takes all the dels.

Name:  bpca.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  86.5 KB
    Name:  bptx.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  90.5 KB

14. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    including attempting to put Hillary or Micheal Obama up as a candidate.
    Nah...if either one of them was even considering it, big time feelers would have been put out already. Hell, why not throw Oprah in there? I don't think a "miracle cure" is forthcoming...what you see if what you get.

The Biden/Warren thing is certainly a possibility...but that means they're voting for Warren for prez by default. But I guess it would be the most least embarrassing way to lose.

Sanders winning the ticket would do nothing to help them keep the House. Couple more days, we'll see. It's all about Bernie.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

16. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    The Biden/Warren thing is certainly a possibility...but that means they're voting for Warren for prez by default.
    It's pretty much taken for granted that if Biden wins it will be President by committee., and the Democrats love committee's,

Warren's team admits their current objective is to steal the nomination from Bernie at the Democratic Convention.

Warren declares contested Democratic National Convention the 'final play'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eli...the-final-play

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It's pretty much taken for granted that if Biden wins it will be President by committee., and the Democrats love committee's,
    Oh I'm with you 100% with that...Obama wasn't so much a prez as he was the spokesman for the committee. But if Biden were to seriously decline I'm not sure she would go along with the program...she's a pretty tough bitch. She'd stand firm with her arms crossed while it all burned down around her if she'd convinced herself she was right. I don't think she'd be an easy puppet.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Well, well...looks like Pete hit the skids. I'm surprised...but I reckon he finally realized that this country is'nt ready to go fully gay.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

21. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Yep. Poot has finally pulled out.

Name:  3A00E974-1E3E-488B-BF5B-0B63C4550DD9.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  20.1 KB

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/01/80202...bGv-Xf73Bu0wU4

Wonder what influenced him to do that. Was it signs of lack of support and enthusiasm, or the DNC pressuring him out, to stop spreading the votes over so many candidates?
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    The DNC is bringing down major pressure... it's no coincidence that Steyer and Buttigieg both pull out two days before the biggest primaries of the year. Both were sucking votes away from Biden.

Honestly if you are using commonsense their is absolutely no reason to pull out before Super Tuesday... you have already spent the time and money campaigning... so why not sit on the bench and see what happens... unless someone has made you a better offer...

Their is an old saying in politics... "there is no such thing as a coincidence"

Climb-Utah.com

25. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    The burnie bros may be as gullible as a box of rocks, but they can still identify at least that the DNC it’s screwing their utopian land of rainbow crapping unicorns over.

“We’re not gonna take it! No, we ain’t gonna take it! “.

Name:  0B3FEC11-0170-4B71-9028-D895F97F5A43.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  22.4 KB

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ource=facebook
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

27. Likes oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

29. Likes dougrz liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

31. Likes dougrz, BasinCruiser liked this post