Page 219 of 246 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 4905

Thread: 2020

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    “The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”

“Rationalization is a process of not perceiving reality, but of attempting to make reality fit one’s emotions.”

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.”

“Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.”

“Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.”

“We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”

“The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.”

“Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one’s values.”

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes devo_stevo, caverdan liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
    Thanks for setting me straight. As iceaxe noted....civics is not one of my strong points.
    But it's interesting you used the term that way. There's a concerted effort in the press to redefine the word. So when the Dems try it they can say it was already done.

Dictionary.com, iirc, quietly changed the definition to just that, sometime in the last month or so. For this purpose. To help Dems do it by changing the language.

The level of thought and speech control we're seeing is astonishing.

Several states joined (or support) the Texas suit. And now the Trump legal team has asked in.

Needless to say, this is it. Fail here, and final wind out of the sail of the legal. Legislatures would be the last resort.

But get a hearing and game on.

9. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    This is how thick the pile of illegal ballots is that will be thrown out:

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Several states joined (or support) the Texas suit. And now the Trump legal team has asked in.

Needless to say, this is it. Fail here, and final wind out of the sail of the legal. Legislatures would be the last resort.

But get a hearing and game on.
    Yeah... but I really think this is the best hope. Everything in one nice big basket and the Supreme Court to decide. Who knows which way it will go, I just hope we get an actual day in court.

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Radically Right is another term that must fall in this catagory too. I've been using it a lot because it rolls off the tongue in a beautiful way.
    You've never seen "radical right" in person or on your tv.

But you might....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Yeah... but I really think this is the best hope. Everything in one nice big basket and the Supreme Court to decide. Who knows which way it will go, I just hope we get an actual day in court.
    This is typically how the Supreme Court likes to handle things... give them the juiciest, meatiest issue. Many cases that get rejected have merit but the issue is not the one the court wants or believes needs to be resolved. Let's hope that the Texas case is the one they want, or that simply due to the number of states involved they will feel a duty to step in and resolve the issue. My real hope is that the vast majority of people in this country still believe in the rule of law. If not, well, buy your toilet paper.
    Life is Good

15. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    You've never seen "radical right" in person or on your tv.

But you might....
    I'd have to say the Bundy standoff might qualify... the demonstrators made it perfectly clear the government could leave or they could have an actual war.

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post

I'm not sure how to take that comment.....
    The are 400 million firearms in the US. There are 15 billion rounds of ammunition sold EVERY year in the US.

The day these items come out of the house in large quantities you'll know...

20. Likes 2065toyota liked this post

Ryan Fournier

@RyanAFournier

·
    1h

These states just filed legal briefs supporting the Texas lawsuit:Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia.God Bless them all!

Ryan Fournier

@RyanAFournier

·
    1h

These states just filed legal briefs supporting the Texas lawsuit:Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia.God Bless them all!

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

^ Given this many states filing, what would happen if a group of states announced they don't accept Biden as the legit president?

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Let's find out!!!

Hahaha...

25. Likes oldno7, dougrz liked this post
    https://youtu.be/tzE-Eow4L9Y

Professor John Eastman at a GA hearing, discussing how the election here was conducted contrary to law passed by the legislature. And hence unconstitutional.

Eastman was on the Bush v Gore legal team and is one of my favorite const scholars.

And, he is now the lead counsel in Trump's request to intervene in the Texas case. Eastman is a heavyweight and gives serious legal cred to the case.

27. Likes Byron, oldno7 liked this post
    STATEMENT OF INTEREST OF AMICI

“In the context of a Presidential election,” state actions “implicate a uniquely important national interest,” because “the impact of the votes cast in each State is affected by the votes cast for the various candidates in other States.” Anderson v. Celebrezze,460 U.S. 780, 794–95 (1983). “For the President and the Vice President of the United States are the only elected officials who represent all the voters in the Nation.”

Id. Amici curiae are the States of Missouri,Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas,Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, NorthDakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia.1 Amici have several important interests in this case. First, the States have a strong interest in safeguarding the separation of powers among state actors in the regulation of Presidential elections. The Electors Clause of Article II, § 1 carefully separates power among state actors, and it assigns a specific function to the “Legislature thereof” in each State. U.S. CONST.art. II, § 1, cl. 4. Our system of federalism relies on separation of powers to preserve liberty at every level of government, and the separation of powers in the Electors Clause is no exception. The States have a strong interest in preserving the proper roles of state legislatures in the administration of federal elections,and thus safeguarding the individual liberty of their citizens.

1 This brief is filed under Supreme Court Rule 37.4, and all counsel of record received timely notice of the intent to file this amicus brief under Rule 37.2.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...h%20Tables.pdf
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I hear Florida will also join.

I believe they would have good standing as their election results were timely and Constitutional.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Let's find out!!!

Hahaha...
    Now that would be awesome. But...I think there's just too much Federal money involved. Federal money everywhere. I too, am hoping the SC brings down the hammer, but I fear it's gonna be a whole lotta talk and not much walk. Seems like Washington is real good at that kind of thing.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

31. Likes rockgremlin liked this post