Page 99 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4905

Thread: 2020

My God, I can't believe Trump was dumb enough to mention an election delay. That plays into 2 Dem arguments.

1, he's a wannabe dictator advocating an illegal delay
    2, he made their case for full mail in voting

Catastrophic blunder.

And, yes, I know he suggested it and Congress could act on it. Which is different than the illegally ordered delays by Dem governors. But the issue is how it plays in the debate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As if we needed the clear stamp of what's at stake.

Obama at John Lewis' eulogy called for DC and Puerto Rico statehood, felon voting, automatic voter registration, and the end to the filibuster.

Ya'll want to say one party hard left rule forever more? Won't be any point in ever voting again, including another 10 to 20 states that are marginally to nominally red at this time.

My point in these posts is to say...

Guys, all hands on deck. Get involved in any way you can. More than you've ever done before. Either donate cash or time. Call, walk, whatever.

Dire emergency, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    My point in these posts is to say...

Guys, all hands on deck. Get involved in any way you can. More than you've ever done before. Either donate cash or time. Call, walk, whatever.

Dire emergency, imo.
    I'll vote...I'll block out the little box that says "R" right on down the ballot. That's all I can do, along with crossing my fingers. Otherwise, they won't get a nickel of my cash...they've got plenty of it. The election today or 90 days from now doesn't make a damn bit of difference, IMO...everybody's locked in.

It's Trump vs. a pissed off black chick with her fist in the air who won't denounce the violence. 4 years at a time, Doug...it's all we can hope for.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Anything is good. I'm more active than most and understand many can't be as so. I called in sick to work for 2 weeks in 2008 and almost got fired, to go to NC to work on the campaign to stop Obama. I'm pretty hard core.

Catastrophic blunder.
    Nah...listen to what Victor Davis Hanson had to say about it. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Nah...listen to what Victor Davis Hanson had to say about it. Makes sense to me.
    I love VDH. Brilliant guy. I will look for his thoughts. I don't see anything on this topic in a quick search.

I'm pretty hard core.
    I'm hard core, too...just in a different way.

From now until November I'll just keep plugging along. If your predictions turn out to be true (and with all due respect, I think you're wrong) and the cancer that is this violence grows because a Republican or Democrat doesn't mean jack shit to these people and the liberals can't stave or contain them, along with the oligarchs in power laying down some whoopass on private property rights and the 2nd Amendment...then it might be time to join a militia and prepare to bug out.

I'll cross that bridge if it comes up...although I must say that before this decade is up, the direction America is going to go will be settled. The evolving American experiment has been distilled down to two basic elements...there's no more illusion of bi-partisianship, compromise, working across the aisle, etc...we're going thru a soft civil war. Somethings gotta give.

Crazy that it has happened during our lifetime, huh? It all started with the election of G.W. Bush, IMO.

I love VDH. Brilliant guy. I will look for his thoughts. I don't see anything on this topic in a quick search.
    Look again...first page on Google. Video...posted by MSN, of all things.

Crazy that it has happened during our lifetime, huh? It all started with the election of G.W. Bush, IMO.
    You are exactly correct. You are well versed historically.

Do you know this: Reagan initially wanted a unity ticket with Gerald Ford, with the term co-presidency bandied about during the convention. Ford considered it and declined, or wanted more power and torpedoed it. Reagan then wanted Paul Laxalt, then a senator from Nevada. He would have been an outstanding torch bearer to take the reins in 88. Instead we got GW and the movement was assassinated.

Just watched. His take was, it was unnecessary and contrary to Trump's theme of being the protector of institutions and the constitution.

In a kind way it supports my contention, I think.

Just watched. His take was, it was unnecessary and contrary to Trump's theme of being the protector of institutions and the constitution.

In a kind way it supports my contention, I think.
    Yes, it does...but hardly a catastrophe. He's frustrated...he's human.

You are exactly correct. You are well versed historically.

Do you know this: Reagan initially wanted a unity ticket with Gerald Ford, with the term co-presidency bandied about during the convention. Ford considered it and declined, or wanted more power and torpedoed it. Reagan then wanted Paul Laxalt, then a senator from Nevada. He would have been an outstanding torch bearer to take the reins in 88. Instead we got GW and the movement was assassinated.
    History is fun when you're a conservative, isn't it?

Had a big conversation with an ultra liberal client of mine last week. We were talking about he Fed "Stormtroopers"...y'know...those "brownshirts" that Trump is sending into the cities to solidify his dictatorship?

Anyway...she had no idea what a "Stormtrooper" is, or where it originated. Just thinks it sounds diabolical. Had no idea what "Mein Kampf" was, never heard of the League Of Nations, the Treaty Of Versailles and thus was unfamiliar with their impacts or the role they played in (you know) what happened as a result.

She's been a librarian for 40 years. Crazy, huh?

From now until November I'll just keep plugging along. If your predictions turn out to be true (and with all due respect, I think you're wrong)
    I view the uprising like a teen male come of age. They realize their power now, and see the actual impotence and lack of will on the other side. The genuine, deep hatred of this country gives them a cause and meaning. That's a heady combo and we've reached the tipping point.

The lack of will, incidentally, further convinces them they're right. After all, if even we don't fight for the country, then certainly it validates their contentions.

Blog Entries
    @<u><a href="http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=17610" target="_blank">blueeyes</a></u>

Chere, I think you'll like this one:

https://youtu.be/4TogbPPyQQM
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

17. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    @<u><a href="http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=17610" target="_blank">blueeyes</a></u>

Chere, I think you'll like this one:

https://youtu.be/4TogbPPyQQM
    Funny..sadly funny.

This country as a whole needs to wake up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Name:  72B977F5-D3CF-4214-9F09-423321840E89.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  19.6 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Funny..sadly funny.
    Hey don't be sad, Donald Trump is your president!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    This is pretty much how I see the 2020 election going down....

23. Likes HamRover liked this post
    Hey gang! Here's an amusing little 5 minute clip of know-it-all college kids backpedaling...

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

25. Likes devo_stevo liked this post