Page 97 of 246 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4905

Thread: 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Cast out like a dog at 16. Homeless, destitute.

Some, like me, are able to take all those hits and come out towering above,
    That was a powerful post. Sobering. Thanks.

The important part is exactly what you mentioned. Few emerge from the chaos. You were very lucky. But letting the country go to hell and be destroyed won't see most people toughened up. Most will be destroyed. Once the USA is gone, it would likely never re-emerge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Few emerge from the chaos. You were very lucky. But letting the country go to hell and be destroyed won't see most people toughened up. Most will be destroyed. Once the USA is gone, it would likely never re-emerge.
    You just nailed my point...so many with their sights set on the bottom of the barrel end up staying there...literally or figuratively.

If these liberal mayors keep getting elected, or re-elected...then it just goes to show that the people living within these densely packed places have their heads in a weird world. CHOP was able to do it's thing because the people living there were, by and large, comrades. These mega cities may be heading into cesspool mode for many years to come if the liberals have power there locked down tight. They might...we'll see.

Big election coming up. I think it's a reckoning for someone...Mayors, Governors, Senators, Congressmen. One of three results...left, right or somewhere around the middle. Any of these three will say a lot about our country...especially coming out of the last 6 months.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

I've been swayed by a relative: M. Obama will be the veep pick.

Some of you already predicted that as I recall.

Argument being, she has no policy or public life baggage. While Harris, Duckworth, Abrams, etc do. Makes for the perfect stealth ticket.

Argument being, she has no policy or public life baggage. While Harris, Duckworth, Abrams, etc do. Makes for the perfect stealth ticket.
    Whoever it is, they are being protected from public scrutiny and investigation at the moment. It's not a delayed VP announcement because of indecision.

I'm curious about Trump this election, a lot of people are assuming it will be Pence as his VP, but it could be somebody completely new. Maybe that's the "Trump Card" that is coming up. Trump has something up his sleeve that will be revealed this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm curious about Trump this election, a lot of people are assuming it will be Pence as his VP, but it could be somebody completely new. Maybe that's the "Trump Card" that is coming up. Trump has something up his sleeve that will be revealed this fall.
    Agreed, Pence needs to go. He was the loyal dog when no one else would step up in 2016 and we thank him. But he is unimpressive. We need Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley in my mind. Even Niki Haley, who I dislike for a lot of reasons, would be better at this point.

Candace Owen's for VP would be the ultimate Trump Card.

It would destroy 90% of the left's ammunition in one stroke.

8. Likes rockgremlin, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Biden’s VP pick has been revealed. Looks like they are pretty excited about it.

Name:  B13D567B-A3E8-4296-8C15-72A21660ADF8.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  20.8 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

10. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Candace Owen's for VP would be the ultimate Trump Card.

It would destroy 90% of the left's ammunition in one stroke.

Hmmmm...yes and no. It could be viewed as pandering.

Many would say that Trump is so afraid of losing that he had to partner up with a black woman because he couldn't win by his own merits.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

No way...she'd be out and on the stump. Otherwise they are going to spring her just two months until the election...like a black, female Jesus coming to the rescue.

Seems like a mighty big risk. How do you think that would go over? If it bombed she'd be ridiculed. Nah...nobody's been talking about her. They would have put out some BIG feelers in her case...dippin' the toe, at least.

It'll be some black woman that either has her fist in the air with the BLM thing or plays it real careful...trying to preserve the moderates. I don't think that would be tolerated by the loudmouth left. That ain't Obama, that's for sure.

If Biden goes with a loud mouth BLM progressive he may as well get his concession speech ready.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    If Biden goes with a loud mouth BLM progressive he may as well get his concession speech ready.
    I think the Dems are just flying by the seat of their pants. Think of it...Biden is their man. All those other people that were up against him were brushed aside. No one "decent" showed up because they didn't want their ass kicked by Trump. Biden stepped up..."I'll do it"!

M. Obama didn't want to get on this train wreck. So if it isn't Harris, then he's going to bust out another "nobody" Tim Kane like Hillary did? Harris is the only one people know about. Abrams?...How about Mondale/Ferraro 2.0

It's gotta be Harris...she'll be the perfect two face. Prosecutor on one hand, sista down with the cause on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I noticed the cash shortage starting to be broadcast, and remembered this video. Isn't it interesting? I wouldn't have thought there would be a cash issue back when I first saw this clip.

And for those paying attention, September will be crazy. Buckle up.

Have we all started making early predictions on the results?

Mine-

Nat pop: 56-41
    EV: 410-128

Pop prediction is shy of the Dems' 58% in the 2018 House races. It's conservative. Biden has a good chance of beating the modern 60% record LBJ got.

EV is a rough guess based on pop margin and bad recent years' results in states.

I know you all think I'm the hyper fatalistic Dougie Downer, but there was a time, the first 2 years, where I thought we had a chance to build a new coalition of working whites and minorities. The 2018 blowout showed that to be fantasy.

Recall I'm the only one here who kept saying Biden wasn't done until South Carolina, as you all laughed.

I predict the Dems are gonna get their asses smeared all over the place. There is no enthusiasm for Biden whatsoever...the "Hilltop" neighborhood I'm working in right now is predominately Jewish and for the last 25 years every election that comes up the front yards are plastered with liberal candidate yard signs...like they're having a competition of who is the most hardcore Democrat. I work in this neighborhood A LOT.

I zig zagged around in it yesterday and didn't see a singe Biden sign. That my friend, is telling.

18. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Have we all started making early predictions on the results?

Mine-

Nat pop: 56-41
    EV: 410-128

Pop prediction is shy of the Dems' 58% in the 2018 House races. It's conservative. Biden has a good chance of beating the modern 60% record LBJ got.

EV is a rough guess based on pop margin and bad recent years' results in states.

I know you all think I'm the hyper fatalistic Dougie Downer, but there was a time, the first 2 years, where I thought we had a chance to build a new coalition of working whites and minorities. The 2018 blowout showed that to be fantasy.

Recall I'm the only one here who kept saying Biden wasn't done until South Carolina, as you all laughed.
    Landslide victory for Biden? You're smoking the good stuff.

I think Trump will be reelected but it won't be the landslide victory we all thought it would be 2 years ago.

And there will undoubtedly be some controversy and we'll have to listen to the liberals cry about how stupid and unfair and outdated the Electoral College is because it didn't benefit their candidate.

This sums up 2020...

21. Likes Byron liked this post
    Bingo! Take a look at the counties won by Trump across the country in '16...a whole lotta red there. A whole lot more red this time around.

Guys, I don't look at polls, don't check RCP for averages, and don't watch TV news. I did so for the Dem primaries, but haven't looked in months.

I read and pay attention on the ground. I listen to friends and fam, talk to people at public places, and observe behavior at large.

My thinking and observation is on a 30 year trajectory. Hence the realization, based on the sum of our citizenry, that there are enough now to overturn our system and country. Enough who no longer know what they're supporting or do know and no longer support it. Precious few among us understand our founding, its documents, and what's at stake.

Even mingling in groups on our side, there isn't a deep understanding of the why or what by enough of us. More like running on momentum and fumes. Just the sad reality.

I think the ease with which wholesale changes are being made speak to the paper mache strength of our founding principles. The power lies elsewhere.

There isn't any functional organ of this society not dominated by the left anymore. Just each of our families keeping the flame alive.

Damn Dougie Downer... I would hate to live in your world. You might be correct or you might be wrong.... but either way... I couldn't stand being continually surrounded by that much negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Damn Dougie Downer... I would hate to live in your world. You might be correct or you might be wrong.... but either way... I couldn't stand being continually surrounded by that much negativity.
    It could be a product of where we live. You are fortunate to have lived in UT and be surrounded by some decency. I grew up in and lived most of my adult life in L.A. Then 6 years in AZ, and now 4 in CO. None bastions of Americanism, with AZ being the most neutral at least.

And CO rapidly going down in my few years here. @Byron's comment about legal weed here accelerating the downfall is what I hear from long time residents as well. But it's a symptom of the CA influx, and that same influx you're observing now in UT, you mentioned the other day.

Bottom line, it's bewildering to be surrounded by utter fools and see your govt controlled by them. That's been most of my direct life experience. Hence why I'm looking to move again. I want some years of my life spent around actual American thinking people.

For Byron, I sold all my rentals here in CO when the Dem legislature started making rent control and tax payer paid lawyers for evicted tenants causes. Just a matter of time, the shifting of pain to landlords. Did that at the end of 2019 in prep for leaving. Probably was dumb luck timing, given the stiffing from tenants landlords are getting with the virus as legal cover. Relative in AZ has been hit with that crap and one of my biz partners here in Denver with a large fleet of rentals several. Might be one offs, but is still indicative to me of more to come in this area.