Page 20 of 246 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    How about instead of cancelling debt and giving free school, we stop providing federal funds for worthless degrees like "Gender Studies". If you graduate with $100k in debt and have a borderline worthless degree, that is on you, not me.
    Ding! Ding!! But I'm going to wager that the average millennial isn't going to see it that way. Why is Warren trying to pander to the millennial crowd? I thought Bernie had that strategy trademarked?

And who said the only way to achieve is by going to college? Plenty of good high paying trades out there for people willing to learn and put in some hard work.
    Me and @twotimer agree wholeheartedly. Hey TT - you never went to college, right? And yet you live pretty high on the hog what with your annual naturist trips to Hawaii and all...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The ironic thing is that a decade after having free college, they would be bitching and screaming about a 2 tier college system where the "free schools" are crappier than the expensive schools.
    Thanos was right

5. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    The ironic thing is that a decade after having free college, they would be bitching and screaming about a 2 tier college system where the "free schools" are crappier than the expensive schools.
    You could say the same about free healthcare. If they do allow private hospitals to exist, they will be much better than the free ones. At least that's the way it works everywhere else in the world.

7. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Yo bitchez.... I'm all in!

9. Likes tallsteve, devo_stevo, twotimer, accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

Me and @twotimer agree wholeheartedly. Hey TT - you never went to college, right? And yet you live pretty high on the hog what with your annual naturist trips to Hawaii and all...
    College? I never even went to high school...was throw onto the street at 15. My grandfather was a house painter and took mercy on me...hired me every now and then to help out. That's how I got started in the trade.

Indeed, you can make PLENTY of money doing things that others don't want to do, especially if it involves manual labor. Just get good at it, show up on time, be honest and kick ass all day. Works like a charm.

I've always made good money primarily because I'm a high energy dude...but another thing I've had on my side is that I never married or had any kids. Marriage is fine if your gal can bring something to the table, but one person alone bringing home the bacon...you can pull in 100K a year and still not have much left, and if you add kids to the mix...yikers!

I attribute my lifestyle to the fact that I never had to spend any of the money I made on any other human being but myself. However... discipline, savings and smart investments can get you there, you just have to buckle down and "pay your dues"...I call that "no more pizza nights".

At some point, you have to go crazy with saving...go to work, come home, eat your meals at home, clip coupons, don't buy anything you don't absolutely need, no movies, no road trips, no fancy duds...grind it out, baby. It may take a year or two, but you'll end up with a giant wad of cash...then it's easy to "never go back". I did that between the ages of 28-30.

One of my favorite sayings is "Don't spent $2000 until you have $10,000 in the bank".

11. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Pete Buttigieg is my current prediction to win the Democratic Presidential nomination.... I've said all along the Democrats will find an unknown like Obama in 2008 to run for President.

Rivals are scrambling to dig up dirt on Pete Buttigieg
    Buttigieg was on nobody's radar as a serious presidential contender until a few weeks ago. Now his competitors are scrambling to find vulnerabilities.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...tigieg-n997031

Buttigieg=Dukakis 2.0

This country 'aint going to elect a queer.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Buttigieg=Dukakis 2.0

This country 'aint going to elect a queer.
    I agree totally with that.... but the Democrats would have no issues with it.

This is about who the Democrats bring to the dance. Personally I don't think anyone can beat Trump with such a hot economy. American's vote their pocketbooks.

17. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Indeed...I have a couple very liberal friends that are now fully on board the Trump Train. They run small businesses...and they're not stupid. But they sure as hell didn't vote for him the first time around.

Now, when I say liberal I mean it. These dudes are the kind to sit in the lotus position with incense burning as they meditate...while dressed in what I call the "hippie costume".

In the middle of next month, I'll be in Moab with about 70 people for a week long mnt. biking extravaganza...about 30 of them are good friends of mine I've know for years, yet others I'm acquainted with and some are new to the scene...friends of friends. We get together every year...we camp out. Big fires every night.

Anyway, when Obama was Prez there was a lot of talk about politics, and when Trump got in there was as well. However, last year NO ONE talked about it at all...I tend not to bring it up myself, because all my friends know that I'm not a liberal pissed off lightweight and the noobies can figure out which side of the fence I'm on just by watching me move around. The conservative ones tend to have the nicer bikes, too.

It'll be interesting to see if that kind of talk shows up this year...although I doubt it because they haven't got anything to crow about.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Get you a 'Make America Great Again' hat and wear it around. I wear mine all the time and it's actually a lot of fun.

True story... I've had a couple snowflakes melt because of the hat. And it's ALWAYS a fat ugly millennial chick.

But the thumbs up and nice hat comments out number the melts 50 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Get you a 'Make America Great Again' hat and wear it around.
    NO WAY! I'll have it in my truck...but I won't put it on. I'm actually pretty popular at these events and I want to keep it that way...the last thing I want to do is trigger someone and have to deal with all that nonsense. I'm there to have a good time.

I don't even dare to put a Trump bumper sticker or even an American flag on the outside of my work van, as I don't want it to get vandalized...isn't that terrible? Better safe than sorry. I live in a liberal part of the city where snowflakes abound.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Get you a 'Make America Great Again' hat and wear it around. I wear mine all the time and it's actually a lot of fun.

True story... I've had a couple snowflakes melt because of the hat. And it's ALWAYS a fat ugly millennial chick.

But the thumbs up and nice hat comments out number the melts 50 to 1.

You've gotta have a GoPro going when you wear it. It should be a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    You've gotta have a GoPro going when you wear it. It should be a rule.
    I whipped out my phone the other day to film an ugly bitch melt. She called me an ass an walked away before I could start filming... hahaha...

I whipped out my phone the other day to film an ugly bitch melt. She called me an ass an walked away before I could start filming... hahaha...
    I heard you have that effect on most women....hat or not.

True... Hahaha...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, those who scream "tolerance" the loudest are pretty much always the least tolerant in my experience. They are only tolerant if you believe exactly as they do.
    Are we there yet?

26. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, those who scream "tolerance" the loudest are pretty much always the least tolerant in my experience. They are only tolerant if you believe exactly as they do.

Ding, ding!

If you're tolerant of everyone, then it means that you've gotta also be tolerant of rich white republican men. That's a bitter pill for many folks to swallow.

28. Likes Iceaxe, tallsteve liked this post