Page 98 of 246 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 4905

Thread: 2020

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    For Byron, I sold all my rentals here in CO when the Dem legislature started making rent control and tax payer paid lawyers for evicted tenants causes. Just a matter of time, the shifting of pain to landlords. Did that at the end of 2019 in prep for leaving. Probably was dumb luck timing, given the stiffing from tenants landlords are getting with the virus as legal cover. Relative in AZ has been hit with that crap and one of my biz partners here in Denver with a large fleet of rentals several. Might be one offs, but is still indicative to me of more to come in this area.
    Indeed, it is concerning. Right now, I still have a large degree of "picking and choosing" who I want to rent to...although when the freaks come looking I have to use various clever ways to deny them without running afoul of these laws that would limit my ability to do so.

If the Dems continue to run this state going forward, I'm certain that eventually Denver will become like NY and SF...where the government is so involved with rental properties that as a landlord, you could lose the ability to choose who's going to live in your investment.

One bad tenant can literally destroy a house within one year...or at least suck up most or even all of the profit you would have made otherwise with the drama and damage. My plan was to hold on to them indefinitely and have regular monthly income from it...kinda like Social Security WITHOUT the government...but now I may just have to take the cash out and invest it in something that'll bring in the same monthly amount...which (with property values as they are now) would be about 4%...that should be pretty doable.

Some may say "Well gee Byron, sucks to be you, huh? Stinking rich white person with your so-called problems"

Yeah...it does suck. You work hard most of your adult life to set yourself up for old age only to have a bunch of pathetic losers trying to drag you down. It all reminds me of "Atlas Shrugged"...drag everyone down to the same low level and equality is achieved.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Guys, I don't look at polls, don't check RCP for averages, and don't watch TV news. I did so for the Dem primaries, but haven't looked in months.

I read and pay attention on the ground. I listen to friends and fam, talk to people at public places, and observe behavior at large.

My thinking and observation is on a 30 year trajectory. Hence the realization, based on the sum of our citizenry, that there are enough now to overturn our system and country. Enough who no longer know what they're supporting or do know and no longer support it. Precious few among us understand our founding, its documents, and what's at stake.

Even mingling in groups on our side, there isn't a deep understanding of the why or what by enough of us. More like running on momentum and fumes. Just the sad reality.

I think the ease with which wholesale changes are being made speak to the paper mache strength of our founding principles. The power lies elsewhere.

There isn't any functional organ of this society not dominated by the left anymore. Just each of our families keeping the flame alive.
    Excellent post. I certainly can see where you're coming from...but in contrast, I too don't put faith in polls, or RCP averages. I do have a TV but it's not on very often...usually only for Rockies games, football and the local news. Occasionally Tucker Carlson and a few shows on Discovery...that's it.

I too listen to friends and clients...lots of them and quite often about these things. I look around. My take on this is that the "trajectory" you describe is indeed happening...straight into the friggin' ground.

Here's the problem with your thinking, as I see it. You seem to believe that people in this country are going to vote en masse for Democrats because they'll bring "something to the table" that is lacking now. That Americans are so "dissatisfied" that they'll throw all caution to the wind hoping for something that'll stick and fill them up. I say that's nonsense....

The Democrats are bringing NOTHING to the table. Anarchy, chaos, disfunction, race riots and strife, promotion of hatred between sexes, races, sexuality, class warfare, guilt to those with white skin or nice things, anger and clinched fists. That's not a winning formula, that's a catastrophe.

The only reason they "appear" to be as "powerful" as you presume is because of televised and computerized social media propaganda. Case in point? The Bernie Sanders "threat"...it was a lie. There's no one there...just a handful of miserable losers made to look like a giant crowd.

Sorry Doug, I don't believe it. You and I have seen this bullshit before...remember Reagan? How about all those before us that endured the unrest of the 60s? The "Revolutionaries" got their faces rubbed into the frigging dirt.

Although there are some that can't keep up, by and large people are living better now than we have in our entire history...they're not going to throw it all in the shitcan for the "benefit" of those that would otherwise take it by force. Quite the opposite.

What we're actually witnessing is the demise of liberalism...they're offering rage and confusion and they're eating themselves alive. They're fractured all to hell and the Democrat power brokers along with the sycophant media is trying desperately to hold it all together by trying to squish the debris together with rotten ingredients. What will be left when the dust settles are millions of more conservatives vs. a minority of far left zealots. They will not win the day...they're decomposing before our very eyes.

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^Agreed, Byron. I believe the media is desperately running lies and misinformation in a last ditch effort to pull out an unlikely victory. But in the process, they've pissed off many of their base and have strengthened the conservative resolve.

The Democrats are fractured and in limbo right now, trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces and regain the power they took for granted under Obama. They're not going to achieve that with an 80-yr-old white guy with dementia, and they know it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^Agreed, Byron. I believe the media is desperately running lies and misinformation in a last ditch effort to pull out an unlikely victory. But in the process, they've pissed off many of their base and have strengthened the conservative resolve.

The Democrats are fractured and in limbo right now, trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces and regain the power they took for granted under Obama. They're not going to achieve that with an 80-yr-old white guy with dementia, and they know it.
    Bingo. Doug seems to feel that a majority of voters are miserable lost people with pinwheels spinning in their eyes at all the bright, shiny bullshit. I think otherwise.

The only people they've been able to get elected in our lifetimes are the ones they successfully sold as superstars...Carter, Clinton, Obama.

Joe is the bottom of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Bingo. Doug seems to feel that a majority of voters are miserable lost people with pinwheels spinning in their eyes at all the bright, shiny bullshit. I think otherwise.
    And it boils down to that, yes.

Finding thinking people, like the crew here, happens, and we wink and nod and understand, but know we're surrounded by idiots.

I'm a product of my experience. I mingle with a huge variety of age groups. If I mingled solely with MAWGs, I'd probably think differently.

9. Likes devo_stevo, Byron, dougrz, rockgremlin liked this post
    And it boils down to that, yes.

Finding thinking people, like the crew here, happens, and we wink and nod and understand, but know we're surrounded by idiots.

I'm a product of my experience. I mingle with a huge variety of age groups. If I mingled solely with MAWGs, I'd probably think differently.
    We'll see Doug...just a few more months and the lay of the land will be laid bare.

It's all about the so called "middle ground voters"...the contrast has never been so sharp. The way they go determines it.

11. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    ^^^This^^^

If the middle 10% goes hard left we are doomed.... but I just don't see it happening.

I've been wrong before... just ask my wife... ROFLMAO

@Iceaxe, consider the lay of the election. We essentially have no campaign this year. No rallies, no convention bump possible, no way for Trump to seize the narrative or break through the deliberate media blockade of him and truth.

Add on, no obvious radical candidate like Sanders as the dangerous alternative. Rather the alternative is a senile bumpkin we've known for decades who really isn't that radical. Quote unquote.

Comes down to whether you trust that middle 10% to have the intelligence to put it all together. Plus we need almost all of the middle 10, given the bad demographic trends against us.

Q then becomes, what do we do in a sweep loss? Literal armageddon for this country and our freedoms. I know what's coming on many levels, have time to prepare, and still don't know exactly what to do.

@Iceaxe,

Ben Shapiro's comments I just read echo what I just replied to you:

-----
    "Joe Biden has so far run a campaign of basically being a dead person who doesn't say controversial things," Shapiro said. "If he selects a vice president who is more controversial than he is -- and if President Trump is able to point out that Biden is at best a transitional figure to that vice president and probably ends up enacting a lot of the radical priorities -- then Trump actually has an election campaign to win."

Shapiro gave Biden credit for keeping both ends of the political spectrum where he needs them.

"He's smart enough to mouth the platitudes he knows most Americans like," Shapiro said. "Even though he has emboldened the radical left wing of his base, he's counting on the fact that most people are sort of comfortable with him to get him through a period where he is more and more embracing the radical left."

Ben Shapiro: Left's 'Blame the system' narrative aimed at erasing US history, culture

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-sh...istory-culture
    -----

My comments:

And why Biden ended up being the perfect candidate this year. A complete Trojan horse who's difficult to paint as a radical. Whose senility actually helps, since it further makes painting him a radical harder.

Maybe Kamala is not the best pick, therefore. Duckworth, with the war injuries. Further cements the difficulty of painting these people as the utter demolishers of every facet of American life we in the know understand them to be.

We're running against anti-American demons, and they're hella smart at painting a narrative with near total control of information flow at this point.

See 2016 election results to understand what I'm talking about...

Yesterday I was talking with my liberal sister who can't stand Trump. For the last 6 months or so she been telling me that she's just gonna opt out of voting in this election because it's just too crazy. But yesterday she was singing to a different tune. My sister is also a stalwart Mormon, and she told me of a talk given by a high ranking apostle of the church (Elder Oaks I want to say?). This talk was given to University of Utah law students, and pointed out that due to the response of the Coronavirus lockdowns all religious freedoms have been stripped away and the constitutional right to assemble and worship has been trampled on. In his talk he mentioned that one side was celebrating the destruction of those freedoms and that if elected we could expect more of the same. Obviously the church is unaffiliated so he didn't mention names but it was pretty obvious who he was referring to.

At the end of her rant, to my astonishment she proclaimed that she's changed her tune and now she will be voting for Trump. Not because she likes him as a person, but because the alternative is detrimental to religious freedom in this country as she sees it.

The silent God-fearing religious folks in this country will be showing up to the polls en masse this election. And they won't be voting left.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-26-2020 at 11:43 AM.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

21. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yesterday I was talking with my liberal sister who can't stand Trump. For the last 6 months or so she been telling me that she's just gonna opt out of voting in this election because it's just too crazy. But yesterday she was singing to a different tune. My sister is also a stalwart Mormon, and she told me of a talk given by a high ranking apostle of the church (Elder Oaks I want to say?)....
    I think I mentioned last week that a few well chosen words in an LDS leaders speach and all the rioting and anarchy bullshit happening in SLC and Provo would instantly come to an end.

To date I've been amazed LDS Leadership sat by an just watched the destruction... I didn't hear the speach but I'm hoping the LDS leadership has finally decided hard left is not the answer for this great state.

I appears Elon Musk disagrees with Dougie Downer...

^^^ Elon musk and Joe Rogan are changing hearts and minds these days with their exodus out of California. It's truly a sight to behold.

25. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/29/t...numbers-polls/

Yeah, well, not a good sign. Trump camp ceasing ads in Michigan.