Page 227 of 246 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4905

Thread: 2020

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes Byron, Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Sounds like Boris is doing a Brexit-unwind trade deal with the EU. Nigel Farage calls it a total sellout and betrayal.

Which was my fear if Trump lost. The UK needed a US free trade deal to replace trading with the EU, and that will not come from a Dem govt here.

Another win for China.

Preaching to the choir, but Dem control in the US means the defeat of the Western World to China. It's playing out. Amnesty and increased immigration is the final, permanent nail.
    And it seems like we're all frozen in place as it occurs. I was thinking about that recently...the complacency. Perhaps there's a reason that we subjected ourselves to being rules by kings, emperors, chiefs, dynasties...gods even. It was like that for millennia...still is for billions. Maybe deep down so many feel that too much freedom is chaos...having an overlord one way or another gives a feeling of security?

It could be that we're at a point in history where most doubt that without a "supreme power" to "manage" how we're growing and expanding, it would all be going to hell in a hand basket. 50 years ago I was being told that the growing numbers of people were destined to tear the planet up...no real solutions were ever offered, so I assumed that technology and innovation would keep things in check. Perhaps a lot of other people don't see it that way...they think someone needs to have absolute authority to whip us into shape.

Unfortunately...it appears those people have been manipulated by sleight of hand. I'm not anti religious...but maybe that kinda explains Jesus...the big man that's gonna come in and do it right in an untrustworthy, unrighteous world. Someone to save us from ourselves.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Unfortunately...it appears those people have been manipulated by sleight of hand. I'm not anti religious...but maybe that kinda explains Jesus...the big man that's gonna come in and do it right in an untrustworthy, unrighteous world. Someone to save us from ourselves.
    Merry Xmas baby Jesus!! I'm probably a more practicing Christian principles kinda guy than anyone on this board and I don't even believe Jesus existed. I'd be better served growing up Jewish.

That bus ain't coming back. That being said, Merry Xmas everyone.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

7. Likes Clipped_in liked this post
    To be accurate, Nigel has tempered his remarks a bit. Last night it was how bad the deal is. Today more wait and see the final details, not perfect, but still a divorce from the EU mostly.

And it seems like we're all frozen in place as it occurs. I was thinking about that recently...the complacency. Perhaps there's a reason that we subjected ourselves to being rules by kings, emperors, chiefs, dynasties...gods even. It was like that for millennia...still is for billions. Maybe deep down so many feel that too much freedom is chaos
    Complacency yes. Because the completeness of their control is impressive. They control it all, redefine words, manufacture crises, distort reality, and enforce it all through private companies and govt.

That's pretty dispiriting and makes fighting feel futile.

Yet there is the reality Trump won in 2016 by 60-40 with a 1980 electorate. Probably the same or larger margin this year.

We are being defeated by literal foreign voters from the 1965 Ted Kennedy led immigration act. The American spirit was unique and rejected what you outlined above. But what you outlined is the standard in human history and is now here and in control.

"Hold The Line"
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    "Hold The Line"
    I'm with ya, man. Even though I've worked very hard for 2/3 of my lifetime to make myself comfortable, if and when the rubber hits the road I'd move right up to the front of that line. I've learned in life that sometimes waiting around for things to fall into place with your fingers crossed can be quite unreliable...sometimes you've got to get up and make moves, especially when your instinct tells you that's what has to be done. Sloth and laziness is a weakness.

I'm buying and building what is essentially a mobile home because I want to travel and soak up more...and also partly because I think allies would be slim pickings here in this big city. I can at least go to places with like minded people without being a bum.

All this talk about the SHTF sounds kinda nutty, eh?...well there's no denying "civil society" as we've know it or the distribution system we've taken for granted is on shaky ground. It's smart to at least consider self reliance...even better to prepare for it.

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post

That bus ain't coming back. That being said, Merry Xmas everyone.
    Funny that you say that...there are a lot of people who think that bus is actually right around the corner...but that's something I've been hearing since I was a kid. I remember when they started putting bar codes on packaging...that was supposed to be the mark of the beast, a sure sign of the end times. Now they're concerned about the vaccination and possible restrictions on those who refuse it...the new mark of the beast.

All we need now is for the AntiChrist to show up...supposed to be an awesome dude, until he 'aint awesome anymore. I've always said I'll believe in Global Warming when I can paint exteriors here in Denver during December...I'll believe in the "end times" when some Svengali shows up that "unites us all".

I remember when they started putting bar codes on packaging...that was supposed to be the mark of the beast, a sure sign of the end times.
    Lots of "mark of the beast" assumptions still going today with the vaccine and tracking chips, credit cards, social media and such. I remember the bar code assumption, that each of us were going to get a code tattooed on the back of our necks or our foreheads.

The mark of the beast is the act or habit of being offended, like overly politically correct when an innocent comment is taken the wrong way, or constantly looking to get upset over something. Somebody who bears this mark, voluntarily, does not let the holy spirit dwell in them. This is the mark of the beast, to choose offense, non compromise, stubbornness, or non tolerance.

Anybody that has the mark of the beast has done so voluntarily, and never in history has the mark of the beast been so common among people as it is today, and in the past 30 years when "political correctness" began to rise.

15. Likes oldno7, Byron liked this post
    /\/\/\...that's excellent. I like it. In fact I'm going to lift it.

Indeed...it may not be something that's imposed on us in a physical sense, but a psychological one. I never thought of it that way. Submitting to the Devil with hate, envy, intolerance, self loathing. Seems to be more and more of that going around these days.

Jeez...I remember when it was "cool" to at least act like you were happy...nowadays people mutilate themselves. Seen two girls in the last few months that look like they've taken razor blades to their arms...lots of little bumps under their skin, too. I don't know what's up with that. I think it's called "beading"?

17. Likes Sombeech, oldno7 liked this post
    Jeez...I remember when it was "cool" to at least act like you were happy...nowadays people mutilate themselves. Seen two girls in the last few months that look like they've taken razor blades to their arms...lots of little bumps under their skin, too. I don't know what's up with that. I think it's called "beading"?
    Wise observation. The left is motivated by anger. At cultural norms, American history, the Founders, systemic [fill in blank], patriarchy, corporate greed, consumerism, pollution, global warming, xenophobia, and on.

Their culture of anger and loathing and mutilation has to naturally manifest itself in self loathing, human loathing, body loathing, etc. Once you mutilate marriage, male/female, public decency, national principles, then the leap to skin beading is small.

We don't see this mutilation in anyone nominally religious or pro traditional Americanism. That isn't by chance.

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    The mark of the beast is the act or habit of being offended
    I've never heard it referred to like this. Is this an original thought or an argument read elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    I've never heard it referred to like this. Is this an original thought or an argument read elsewhere?
    It's hard to explain, but this is not my original thought, I learned it from an experience from another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    It's hard to explain, but this is not my original thought, I learned it from an experience from another.
    And now so have I. The notion of that never occurred to me...I always imagined it would be some kind of tattoo or identifying "mark"...instead it could be put deep in the brain. Like an "emotion trigger" chip in the psyche. It's seems quite effective for enticing irrational behavior.

Funny thing...I've always considered that when people are irrational and careening around, they're hard to control...but it seems they can be herded quite effectively.

If the mark isn't physical, I'd lean toward "fear" being it. Rather than PC.

Consider how fear is the central motivating factor in left wing voters and the central argument justifying all left wing governance.

24. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

26. Likes dougrz, rockgremlin, oldno7, BasinCruiser liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?