Page 102 of 246 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4905

Thread: 2020

Mountain Man
    So to sum up how the 2020 race has played out:

1. Trump's ace card, the economy, is gone as an issue. The stock market doing headline well from Fed printing while actual earnings are poor doesn't impress anxious people.
    2. Trump cannot hold rallies. No real campaigning to be done, the race is static, and the media control the narrative even more in this case.
    3. Life is anxiety-inducing for most people, and the large sporting and public events that often distract and give comfort are AWOL.
    4. The Dems have 2 people running who are empty suits. As opposed to, say, a Sanders/Bass ticket with a lot of substance to go after.
    5. Mail-in balloting and ballot harvesting tip the scales several points to Dems.
    6. Google, and other online suppression of conservative news, efforts tip the scales several points to Dems.
    7. Dems have supported rioting, but my gut tells me a majority of the country does as well. Or at least is ok with it to a degree.

I premise 7 on my belief we've passed the tipping point of decent, hardworking, fair minded, patriotic people being in the majority.

Hence my opposite predictions from the crew.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If Joe and Ho win, will she be the first Indian American woman VP- and when Joe resigns in the first week, the first Indian-Am POTUS-or will she be the first black Woman?

Name:  9BAEADA4-3DD2-4B2E-9816-F89710CC33AB.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  27.5 KB

https://www.businessinsider.com/cali...enator-2016-11
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Now that Kamala is back in the race , Could Trump basically wrap up the election by floating the idea of federal legalization of MJ?

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    If Joe and Ho win, will she be the first Indian American woman VP- and when Joe resigns in the first week, the first Indian-Am POTUS-or will she be the first black Woman?

Name:  9BAEADA4-3DD2-4B2E-9816-F89710CC33AB.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  27.5 KB

https://www.businessinsider.com/cali...enator-2016-11

That depends on who she identifies as, that day..
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    That depends on who she identifies as, that day..
    So, you're saying that she's racially fluid?

Peter much sums up the DNC.

Name:  6247BE51-8F7A-4503-95C5-3D51BC51B628.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  19.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    So to sum up how the 2020 race has played out:

1. Trump's ace card, the economy, is gone as an issue. The stock market doing headline well from Fed printing while actual earnings are poor doesn't impress anxious people.
    2. Trump cannot hold rallies. No real campaigning to be done, the race is static, and the media control the narrative even more in this case.
    3. Life is anxiety-inducing for most people, and the large sporting and public events that often distract and give comfort are AWOL.
    4. The Dems have 2 people running who are empty suits. As opposed to, say, a Sanders/Bass ticket with a lot of substance to go after.
    5. Mail-in balloting and ballot harvesting tip the scales several points to Dems.
    6. Google, and other online suppression of conservative news, efforts tip the scales several points to Dems.
    7. Dems have supported rioting, but my gut tells me a majority of the country does as well. Or at least is ok with it to a degree.

I premise 7 on my belief we've passed the tipping point of decent, hardworking, fair minded, patriotic people being in the majority.

Hence my opposite predictions from the crew.
    Doug, I like you...but I'll be quite happy to see your suffering end in just a couple more months.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

10. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Doug, I like you...but I'll be quite happy to see your suffering end in just a couple more months.
    I'm doing a petition drive out here where I live. A local city issue on trash, but I'm on the conservative side of course. Been peaceful until today. Had a 30 something come up to me on a bicycle and cuss me out. F bomb after f bomb. Half expected him to use his frame pump and start an attack.

Lot of anger at our side out there, from big issue to small like this one.

Also met a first time gun owner today and we talked about cartridges and gun styles. Got talking about reloading to get around the ammo shortages.

There are some of us out there, granted.

It's all my observations.

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    You think you'll be happy? Hell, imagine how happy I'd be.

Doing this petition drive has been illuminating. Never ceases to amaze me how much the avg citizen is a sheeple now. Few really understand what's happening. Lot of interesting tidbits outside the grocery store tonight.

14. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

16. Likes dougrz liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

18. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe, dougrz liked this post
    @Byron , here's one for you from my file of interactions. The petition thing I'm working is to flip a city council vote granting a trash contract to a single hauler in our city. Rather than the existing setup where each household picks their own trash hauler.

So this man comes up and asks why I want choice in trash haulers. I said I want choice in as much of my life as possible, and asked if he'd like the city to pick a single package hauler- FedEx, UPS, DHL, Amazon, USPS, etc. He said that would be good, to reduce traffic and pollution. The discussion continued. It was civil.

At the end I said, "we have different values. You want coercive collectivism, and I want a cooperative but free society. We can't argue points and data because our values differ."

Shook my head at that one. There really are Soviet-level collectivists among us.

20. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    @Byron , here's one for you from my file of interactions. The petition thing I'm working is to flip a city council vote granting a trash contract to a single hauler in our city. Rather than the existing setup where each household picks their own trash hauler.

So this man comes up and asks why I want choice in trash haulers. I said I want choice in as much of my life as possible, and asked if he'd like the city to pick a single package hauler- FedEx, UPS, DHL, Amazon, USPS, etc. He said that would be good, to reduce traffic and pollution. The discussion continued. It was civil.

At the end I said, "we have different values. You want coercive collectivism, and I want a cooperative but free society. We can't argue points and data because our values differ."

Shook my head at that one. There really are Soviet-level collectivists among us.
    They think it will make life easier but it won't.

Chere'

22. Likes oldno7 liked this post

Oh for cryin' out loud...you think the entire nation is going to hell in a hand basket because of garbage collection?

Well, I guess I'm a glued, screwed and tattooed commie...because I'm totally in favor of just ONE vendor picking up the trash...even voted for it on my HOA board years ago.

I live in a penthouse condo right on the edge of our property and I overlook a different complex across the street. We have one vendor that comes every Tuesday to empty the dumpsters. Across the street they have a mishmash of trucks coming damn near every day because their HOA decided they wanted the residents to hire their own trash removal...so it's a clusterf*ck. They have these loud trucks coming all thru the week and when the wind blows hard there's always plenty of containers that are "out" and the trash is all over the place.

Kinda like these neighborhoods where I paint houses. In the summertime (exterior season) you'll hardly get half an hour of peace and quiet...there is the constant drone of mowers and other power tools being used by these various guys that show up to do lawns. Independent contractors and everybody seems to have their own. Sometimes it's price, sometimes it's loyalty...but it's noise all day long.

I'm all for freedom of choice, but if I lived in a residential neighborhood I'd advocate for ONE competent guy to hit all the houses up and down my street. I'd vet him myself and sell him to the neighbors. More efficient, less noise...try to get him to hit everyone the same day of the week.

But, you know what they say...asking is one thing, getting is another. It may be what you've run into here...a "cat herding" situation. Bang your head all day tryin' to get everyone to see things your way.

It's garbage...not the fate of mankind.

24. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    It's garbage...not the fate of mankind.
    It was his comment about package delivery on top of garbage which prompted my collectivist comment. Your HOA trash situation is different. An HOA arrangement is a known surrender of a lot of rights. Given. But societal surrender of rights is collectivist, yes.

26. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    But societal surrender of rights is collectivist, yes.
    Well of course.

Like I said about "cat herding"...if you're going to debate strangers hoping that they'll agree with common sense (as you see it)...you're going to be disappointed.

Quite frankly, I think they should pull the plug on the USPS...it's doing nothing more than delivering flyers these days anyway. For those that want to work for US Gov. INC, then join the military instead.

Well of course.

Like I said about "cat herding"...if you're going to debate strangers hoping that they'll agree with common sense (as you see it)...you're going to be disappointed.

Quite frankly, I think they should pull the plug on the USPS...it's doing nothing more than delivering flyers these days anyway. For those that want to work for US Gov. INC, then join the military instead.
    You do have a point with USPS only delivering flyers. I wish they gave you the option to opt out of that junk. So much paper wasted. I NEVER look at any of that junk. I have been scolded by my mailman a few times because I will go weeks without checking my mail. Nothing but bills in there and I do most all of that online. The few that do come to my mail box are random doctors bills.

USPS is definitely a dinosaur in this day. I haven't researched yet but in passing the last 2 days I heard that rural Alaska communities are still very dependent on USPS for supplies and other items.

Chere'

Joe Rogan's latest podcast with Tim Dillon was particularly entertaining. I was only going to listen for 15 - 20 minutes but ended up listening to the entire 2.5 hour block. What made it hold my interest was because Joe did not pull any punches in this episode, and dropped a hammer on many of the things that we rant about here on Bogley. In his crosshairs were the following: Nancy Pelosi, Uber-Liberal California, the idiocy of CHAZ, the mental incompetence of Joe Biden, Epstein, human trafficking, Q-ANON (for @Sombeech), Trump and the impending election, Global Warming, Coronavirus, the horrible practices of mayor de Blasio, and Democrats in general.

Definitely a much more right leaning slant to this episode.

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

30. Likes devo_stevo, Sombeech liked this post
    The QAnon stuff has only been forecasting at what will be coming up. It's been verified that "Q" is a small group in the Military Intelligence, dropping "crumbs" for us to ask questions about.

This whole #SaveTheChildren movement, that would be nowhere without Q. Flynn is out of Prison and Q foretold this. These are called "proofs". They will say something, like a phrase, and then Trump will tweet about it within minutes. So it's not really a whacky thing, it's been confirmed as intelligence. Even the IP address from where these drops come from, 11.11.18. XXX is on the Dept of Defense server.

The Clinton Foundation, Epstein, Maxwell, Obamagate..... all of this stuff has been talked about for about 3 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Joe Rogan's latest podcast with Tim Dillon was particularly entertaining. I was only going to listen for 15 - 20 minutes but ended up listening to the entire 2.5 hour block. What made it hold my interest was because Joe did not pull any punches in this episode, and dropped a hammer on many of the things that we rant about here on Bogley. In his crosshairs were the following: Nancy Pelosi, Uber-Liberal California, the idiocy of CHAZ, the mental incompetence of Joe Biden, Epstein, human trafficking, Q-ANON (for @Sombeech), Trump and the impending election, Global Warming, Coronavirus, the horrible practices of mayor de Blasio, and Democrats in general.

Definitely a much more right leaning slant to this episode.

My favorite line from this:
    "Do we want 8 year old Pakistani kids in Antifa? No. Work."

Love that.

33. Likes rockgremlin liked this post