Page 122 of 246 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4905

Thread: 2020

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Isn't that something?...Bernie gets his ass kicked (again) a dirtbag is accidentally killed and millions of people are made to suffer...and they want us to hand them the keys to the kingdom?

Like James Holmes, the guy that shot up the Aurora movie theater. He asked the jury to do him a favor and spare his life...even though he did no favors whatsoever to the people he killed and maimed. Amongst the jury, 11 people voted to put him to death...but one pathetic weirdo voted to grant his wish.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mountain Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    And then what are they gonna do?...beat us over the head with that for another two years? Like that will help them in the next midterms?
    They will and it will, yes. This is the story of the left for decades. Discrediting freedom, this country, and its people. Hasn't it worked? They own it all, have corrupted the culture, have destroyed faith in our institutions, and are on the edge of winning it all with openly leftist policies. Why wouldn't they continue the same strategy? The story of this country's politics is how amazing, how remarkable it is that half the country hates it, half the country wants to give up freedom, half the country doesn't recognize the decency and prosperity we have. They have been poisoned.

I know you disagree, but let me ask you this. What if I'm right and they do sweep it all in 6 weeks? What will your prescription for our side be?

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    The story of this country's politics is how amazing, how remarkable it is that half the country hates it, half the country wants to give up freedom, half the country doesn't recognize the decency and prosperity we have.
    Add: It can be argued the modern American leftist movement is the most successful, most impressive political force this country has seen. And arguably one of the top the world has ever seen. It's much easier to take power in real times of crisis or war or famine or destruction. The Nazis, Soviets, Chicoms, Castro, and NK are all examples of that.

But to take power and remake a culture and society and economy when people are free and prosperous? While manufacturing fake crises? Incredible level of brainwashing, denial of reality, and consistent information control is needed. And that's what we have. They're at 45 to 55% of the population with non-stop, massive propaganda, pop culture manipulation, and school control. Without those, they'd be at 25%.

You have to hand it to them. Heck of an incredible movement, thorough in its spread.

7. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    ^^^My new theory is that @dougrz is in reality a troll for the ultra progressive left. His objective is to sway public opinion in favor of neo-progressive values. This is accomplished by using hyperbole and despair to illustrate a scenario where resistance to liberalism is futile. Where conservatism and capitalism are struggling to take their final breaths from the deathbed while the juggernaut of liberalism is poised to put the final nail in their coffin forever.

I'm positive ole' Dougie Downer will agree with almost all of this theory, but I gotta ask -- can you really consider a hairy-legged octagenarian with dementia to be a juggernaut? I can't. My theory is the opposite. I believe the Dem party is fragmented and struggling to keep their head above water. If they didn't have the media they would be completely irrelevant.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

9. Likes Byron liked this post
    Democrats have the media and social media.

11. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^My new theory is that @dougrz is in reality a troll for the ultra progressive left. His objective is to sway public opinion in favor of neo-progressive values. This is accomplished by using hyperbole and despair to illustrate a scenario where resistance to liberalism is futile. Where conservatism and capitalism are struggling to take their final breaths from the deathbed while the juggernaut of liberalism is poised to put the final nail in their coffin forever.

I'm positive ole' Dougie Downer will agree with almost all of this theory, but I gotta ask -- can you really consider a hairy-legged octagenarian with dementia to be a juggernaut? I can't. My theory is the opposite. I believe the Dem party is fragmented and struggling to keep their head above water. If they didn't have the media they would be completely irrelevant.
    Damn Rock...that was magnificent. All kinds of nifty imagery goin' on there...friggin' bravo!

.that was magnificent.
    I see it as a concerted demoralization campaign. Nonstop doomsday predictions to tear down the optimism and resolve of conservatives.

Change my mind...

14. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    They own it all,
    I know you disagree, but let me ask you this. What if I'm right and they do sweep it all in 6 weeks? What will your prescription for our side be?
    I'll answer this in two parts...first, they don't own it all.

Secondly, if your prediction of a Dem sweep were to actually occur, I'd say one of two things would happen...

One...not much is going to really change, it'll be similar to what Obama's tenure was like. The Elite Corporate Illuminati Liberal/Progressive string pullers will go one doing what they can to push more of their products, get even richer and throw a few bones to the noisy far left. Which would be quite ironic considering they'd be giving supreme power to the very people they supposedly despise...but I guess they don't see it that way. The enemy of the enemy is my friend.

Two...it gets ugly in a great number of ways. In that case, it'll be time to cash out and buy that cabin in the woods fully loaded up for the long haul. We saw the grocery stores get cleaned out in a hurry...and although they stocked back up reasonably quick, if they didn't then it would be smart to be prepared. Regardless of the outcome of this election, I'm going to be dropping about 10K in prepper supplies before the end of the year. Something I've never seriously considered as necessary in the past...but things have changed.

16. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I see it as a concerted demoralization campaign. Nonstop doomsday predictions to tear down the optimism and resolve of conservatives.

Change my mind...
    More like a tragic comedy to me.

^^^My new theory is that @dougrz is in reality a troll for the ultra progressive left.
    Quite the unique take. I've been in this fight a long time and am keenly aware of how desperately our side has been defeated, for decades. I honestly believe until enough on our side understand the ruthlessness with which the left operates, we have no chance.

They will not stop until we are either homeless, penniless, or in prison re-education camps.

Or, wait, they force people to lose their jobs, harass us in our homes, and make us take sensitivity training. We're already there to a degree. And that degree will only grow as time passes. Unless we fight with every fiber of our being.

Call me a radical. I can't type in public what I really think the solution is.

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post

Why not? I would.

Think it might be construed as racist or genocidal? Quite frankly, If I had omnipotent power I'd pull a full on Thanos...hundreds of millions if not a billion or more would vanish into thin air.

It would run the full spectrum of humanity in regards to race, etc...I'd go after murders, child molesters, thieves, terrorists, arsonists all the way down to those who would hack your bank account and clean you out without a second thought.

Would I hesitate? Absolutely not. Give me that power now and I'll snap my fingers...and then sleep like a baby.

21. Likes oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post
    One...not much is going to really change, it'll be similar to what Obama's tenure was like
    I hate to read that. It tells me people don't take this threat seriously enough. First order of biz: amnesty.

I'm going to be dropping about 10K in prepper supplies before the end of the year. Something I've never seriously considered as necessary in the past...but things have changed.
    Already at 7k with a generator, tri-fuel modded, to come. I think there's a decent chance a Trump win will see the left start to take out utilities. A nat gas gen would be the best electric source in my mind. Nat gas is all underground and the limited in number pump stations much easier to secure than gasoline supply lines or the comically insecure power grid. A few more handgun bullets for the stash, and I'm still hitting a particular recycling place that lets brass go way too cheap. Though the owner told me her brother no longer wants her to sell, I've been sneaking loads by the other employees who haven't been told not to sell yet, apparently. If you're looking for some. Sold my Jeep TJ and am getting rid of my commuter car to go with an SUV as a tow and bug out and winter vehicle. Have food, water, arms, gasoline decently covered.

An SUV might be a poor near term choice if Dems sweep. Gas prices will go ape over the next 4 years and truck prices might tank. "Might" because a CAFE return to 50+ would kill the new light truck market in 5 to 10 years, which could make the existing fleet more valuable. I don't think, given the unlimited power post-amnesty Dems would have, they'd exempt light trucks to the degree they were in the past.

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quite the unique take. I've been in this fight a long time and am keenly aware of how desperately our side has been defeated, for decades. I honestly believe until enough on our side understand the ruthlessness with which the left operates, we have no chance.

They will not stop until we are either homeless, penniless, or in prison re-education camps.

Or, wait, they force people to lose their jobs, harass us in our homes, and make us take sensitivity training. We're already there to a degree. And that degree will only grow as time passes. Unless we fight with every fiber of our being.

I appreciate your passion. I wish there were more Dougrz's in America.

But I think you give the Dems more credit than they deserve. A large portion of the party is disenchanted with the leadership and the current direction. And the real die hard Blue Chip Democrats are bought and paid for by corporations. This is the reason why Obama did nothing with the 8 years he had in office.

These are the reasons why I'm constantly saying the Dems are fragmented -- most are either pissed at the status quo or handcuffed by big business.

25. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    How many guns and how much ammo are you stocking?!?

I have more than most small nations... I'm good. ;-)

I also put out some liberal bait and I'm waiting for those threatening to attack the suburbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    How many guns and how much ammo are you stocking?!?

I have more than most small nations... I'm good. ;-)
    Good chance I have more than you. Doesn't mean more ready to go, though. Have to make them.

28. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I appreciate your passion. I wish there were more Dougrz's in America.
    That's nice, thanks.

Look at me this way. I'm more Kyle Reese shaking Sarah Connor to her damn senses than any other analogy I can think of. They will not stop! Ever! Don't you understand me! Until they are killed!

Now if some of you sumbitches around here were just decently attractive women.

On a serious note, I started listening to Dennis Prager (of now PragerU fame) from maybe age 12. I was a ww2 history buff as a kid also. Big issues, big history have always grabbed me. These are big times and a big threat. Nothing matters to me more than this country, honestly.

30. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Good chance I have more than you. Doesn't mean more ready to go, though. Have to make them.
    Hahaha.... I highly doubt that. I deal in a lot of firearms. I have and FFL to deal in firearms and I have an FFL to manufacture firearms. One of the family businesses is manufacturing and selling a firearms. I normally buy ammo by the pallet and firearms in bulk.

I have several reloaders that will load 1000 rounds an hour.

Let's see... at one time I was Utah, NV and Wyoming Sporting Clay's champion. My father and step mother have held so many state and national shooting Championships I couldn't even count.

So... you still want to make that bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hahaha.... I highly doubt that. I deal in a lot of firearms. I have an FFL to deal in firearms and I have an FFL to manufacture firearms. One of the family businesses is manufacturing and selling firearms. I normally buy ammo by the pallet and firearms in bulk.

I have several reloaders that will load 1000 rounds an hour.
    Well hell if you manufacture and have inventory, no. 1k rounds an hour sounds like RL1050s with Mark 7s. That I can match. My powder stash would level my immediate neighbors and my lead quantity would kill the Yellowstone buffalo herd. Other than that I have 3 boxes of 22 LR and an airgun.

What is your family weapons brand?

33. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Why not? I would.

Think it might be construed as racist or genocidal? Quite frankly, If I had omnipotent power I'd pull a full on Thanos...hundreds of millions if not a billion or more would vanish into thin air.
    Everyone you pointed out was for non-political reasons. Admirable and restrained, actually. The left wouldn't be so decent in their targeting.

My powder stash would level my immediate neighbors and my lead quantity would kill the Yellowstone buffalo herd.
    Funny story.... the fire marshal was doing a regular fire inspection of my old office building. And when he entered the room where we stored powder he about shit himself...

Just an FYI... Stock up on primers because when ammo gets scarce so do primers and all the brass, lead and powder become worthless.

Financial tip... if your prediction of a Democratic sweep happens 9mm and 5.56 will instantly double or triple in price so get out of stocks and gold and invest in ammo :-)