Page 82 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4905

Thread: 2020

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    You know what would be a genius move considering this guy is running for Prez? Instead of being persona incognito he'd be on the TV everyday telling us all the wonderful things he'd be doing right during all this. But that's not going to happen, now is it?

"Vote for me"!...while the guy is hiding in a closet.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    You know what would be a genius move considering this guy is running for Prez? Instead of being persona incognito he'd be on the TV everyday telling us all the wonderful things he'd be doing right during all this. But that's not going to happen, now is it?

"Vote for me"!...while the guy is hiding in a closet.
    Your analysis is spot on--again...

Last time creepy joe condemned the Presidents actions---He proposed EXACTLY what the President was already doing.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Your analysis is spot on--again...

Last time creepy joe condemned the Presidents actions---He proposed EXACTLY what the President was already doing.
    This is a real problem for Biden. And why the Dems and media establishment are grasping at desperate lines of attack. They sense the shift in approval for Trump's handling of this, and more important, the appearance of handling this. Recent poll showing 56 or 59% approval of his handling puts them in a hard spot.

Result will be more vicious attacks, more scare mongering, more cries of incompetence. Especially as test numbers skyrocket in the next few weeks.

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    This is a real problem for Biden. And why the Dems and media establishment are grasping at desperate lines of attack. They sense the shift in approval for Trump's handling of this, and more important, the appearance of handling this. Recent poll showing 56 or 59% approval of his handling puts them in a hard spot.

Result will be more vicious attacks, more scare mongering, more cries of incompetence. Especially as test numbers skyrocket in the next few weeks.
    Yup... If Trump is seen as a "war time" president expertly handling the nation in a time of crisis this will greatly improve his image. I doubt Bush 43 would have won a second term if not for 9-11 and his handling of the situation in time of crisis. I don't even think Bush 43 did a very good job with handling 9-11, but he stepped forward and cast himself as a strong, calm and reassuring figure when the nation was scared and in turmoil. The nation bought everything Bush 43 was selling. The big trick for Trump is getting the nation to see Covid-19 as a war on an unseen enemy.

Sorta agree, sorta don't.

A war or perceived war(9-11) is an open invitation to loss of liberty.

Those of us old enough remember it well(Patriot act) it seemed like a simple solution at the time but it opened Pandora's box.

There was a serious loss of Liberty after 9-11 and we are reminded constantly.

It was intended to sunset but that wasn't adhered to.

It gave the government unfettered access to EVERY part of our lives.

It lasted all or in part up to 2015.

So yea, organize a response in a military/organized fashion but we gave up too much Liberty in 2001, a repeat would not be prudent or justified.

The government can be at it's best during National crisis but not everything or every year are a crisis.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

11. Likes dougrz liked this post
    I totally agree.. the Patriot Act was/is a terrible idea... but that had little to do with Bush 43 being reelected as a war time President.

Most folks didn't begin to understand the rights they surrendered under the Patriot act until Bush was long gone.

If #FAKENEWS has taught us anything it is facts don't matter nearly as much as perception.

Perhaps that's why the DNC finally landed on him over all those other people...they realized the only (slim) chance they had of putting up a real fight to Trump was to nominate someone as close to a DINO as they could.

Get everyone that has TDS, play up racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and try to get some moderates...maybe even some Trumpers that are disillusioned for whatever reason. It's the only play they had, really. Too bad for them that their pick went senile on 'em...along with their party being all fractured to hell.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

14. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    The good I could have done with $1B....

Mike Bloomberg spent nearly $1B of his own money on failed presidential bid

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mik...llion-campaign

Climb-Utah.com

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

17. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Like I said...fractured. How do you like that, ladies?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    This chick has shit for brains...she wants to fork out $1000 to everyone in this country that makes less than 25K to "help out offsetting the cost of the virus and its effects".

How the hell would that help things? Buy more TP?...most of them would likely buy a new TV or shoes. Drugs, alcohol, pot.

Lousy idea that solves nothing...better to put that money into free treatment for the homeless and other gnarled out bums, if at all.
    I am very curios...what do you think if this idea now that it is "Trumps plan"?

I don't think it is a good idea but I also don't know how people will survive losing there jobs without help.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post

I don't think it is a good idea but I also don't know how people will survive losing there jobs without help.

I honestly don't know what to make of the give everyone money plan...

On one hand, if you're going to give money, it's really the only fair way to do it so everyone actually gets some help. If you give it to some government agency the money will just get swallowed up in the system and never actually reach those in need, which is exactly what happened with the Obama stimulus money.

On the other hand 90% of the people will just waste the money on frivolous items as this goes back to my core belief the people are not poor because they don't have money, but they are poor because they don't know how to mange money. There is really no reason that most American workers should not be able to weather a two week storm other then they never planned or prepared. Instead they blow every dime they made and this stimulus money will be no different. The good part about this plan is while the individual will blow through the cash a good chuck of it will end up in the pockets of small business, which is who needs it the most.

But mostly I think the Republicans just stole a page from the Democratic play book.... give everyone free shit and get elected... damn inflation and damn the national debt... We can always just print more money....

22. Likes devo_stevo, rockgremlin, blueeyes liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I honestly don't know what to make of the give everyone money plan...

On one hand, if you're going to give money, it's really the only fair way to do it so everyone actually gets some help. If you give it to some government agency the money will just get swallowed up in the system and never actually reach those in need, which is exactly what happened with the Obama stimulus money.

On the other hand 90% of the people will just waste the money on frivolous items as this goes back to my core belief the people are not poor because they don't have money, but they are poor because they don't know how to mange money. There is really no reason that most American workers should not be able to weather a two week storm other then they never planned or prepared. Instead they blow every dime they made and this stimulus money will be no different. The good part about this plan is while the individual will blow through the cash a good chuck of it will end up in the pockets of small business, which is who needs it the most.

But mostly I think the Republicans just stole a page from the Democratic play book.... give everyone free shit and get elected... damn inflation and damn the national debt... We can always just print more money....
    Agreed

Chere'

Agree with Ice here. And I would also add... $1000 isn't enough to really make any kind substantive difference. If you just lost your job, what's a one time payment of $1000 gonna do?

Not much.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

25. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Of course the government wouldn't have to give us a $1000 check if they had not stolen the money from us to begin with.

Taxation is theft!

Climb-Utah.com

27. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post

Ha! I've been waiting for someone to nail my ass on that one.

Initially, I thought it was a ridiculous notion...what Ice had to say about it in his post above pretty much covers it. Gabbard's proposal was on March 12, H.Res897...calling for $1000 per month for every adult in the country. That's overkill and I have no doubt that while some truly low budget people would use the money to pay monthly bills, plenty of others would smoke it, drink it, or shoot it up. Haphazard and stupid...like I said, shit for brains.

Trump on board or not, I still think it's ridiculous. However, if there's any way to shine this turd...the money will get pumped right back into the economy and for taxpayers, it's kinda like a tax refund. Those are certainly nice, I like those...although I won't be getting one of these checks because of my income. I don't need it anyway.

Thirty years ago that Grandad would have been very welcome...but I outgrew being foolish and poor.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

29. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Thirty years ago that Grandad would have been very welcome...but I outgrew being foolish and poor.
    Funny... It's amazing the number of people that never learn....

When I was 17 years old I was racing motorcycles professionally and making a shit load of money... at least for an 17 year old kid. I made twice as much as my high school principal, he about shit when he found that out... hahaha... and I dumped nearly every dime of it back into fast motorcycles and fast women... the rest of it I just wasted.

And then life forced me to grew up and be a responsible adult.

Climb-Utah.com

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

32. Likes dougrz, twotimer liked this post