Page 221 of 246 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4905

Thread: 2020

For the Article 2 issue at hand, the question is this: can boards or courts or single elected officials set rules for selecting electors? Or do only legislatures set the rules?

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 2:

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives..."

The left will argue "legislature" means govt in general. Boards, courts, governors, officials included, since the legislature established all these organs of govt. And further, that tinkering with the rules of an election and ballots isn't really changing the underlying fact that an election is the "manner" the legislature "directed."

Textualists will argue the "legislature" means the legislature and law, literally. And once the law is set it can't be tinkered with and must be followed.

For example, the Sec State of GA waived the signature verification rules in a consent decree. Did that sufficiently alter things to violate the "manner" in which the "legislature" "directed" the selection to occur?

For example, the PA Supremes extended the deadline for ballots received past election day, even though state law says that is not allowed. Did that sufficiently alter things to violate the "manner" in which the "legislature" "directed" the selection to occur?

Etc.

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
    I'll tell you what else is batshit crazy. Your boy is one tweet away from starting that war that "your side will never start"
    That mean orange man tweeted something that hurt my feelings.

I think that gives me the right to burn anything I want down and steal anything that want because you know, I have feelings and they got hurt

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    For the win!!!

6. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Some people think that a "Civil War" might be coming. It's not. It's a war with China. We are already at war with China. Literal war. War is not always on a battlefield. It does not always involve guns, shooting, tanks.

Wars are fought by either Invasion, and/or Infiltration. This war with China, in the most literal sense, has been waging for years already as the latter.

Wars are not to merely kill a lot of men. They are fought to conquer. This war, which China has waged years ago, has placed Chinese spies, and even Nationals in high powered positions. Politicians, Judges, Governors, even the lower board members, and of course most of the mainstream media. Even Fox News, which is "Controlled Opposition".

This is not a "yeah I could see it that way", no, it is literal. There are many traitors in our country in positions of power and influence. Some people may take a little while longer to see this. It's such a crazy concept that most people cannot realize it all at once. This is why the "Great Awakening" must happen in slow small steps, little bites that can be easily digested.

China owns Biden. China owns many Democrats, even Republicans. Just look at the Eric Swalwell scandal that broke with Fang Fang. These revelations are timed, planned, and part of the strategy to wake up our patriots.

When you see this, you might realize the push about a decade ago for "Chinese Immersion" into our schools, where the students would be taught the Chinese language every other day, varied by school district. Can you see it now? Why wasn't there a Spanish Immersion program? Wouldn't Spanish be far more valuable? Chinese. This war has been under our noses for years, decades.

Trump and our Military knows this, and has planned every step. This election is won for Trump, don't worry. Just sit back, enjoy the show, watch the craziness, laugh at how desperate they try to "fact check" the literal events that are happening. It only sweetens the victory that much more. My friends, you will continue to see one hell of a show. But once you take the red pill and begin to see what's really happening, the show only gets better.

8. Likes oldno7, Byron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post

I think that gives me the right to burn anything I want down and steal anything that want because you know, I have feelings and they got hurt
    For the most part my liberal friends and clients have come in two forms in the last two years, especially...they're either pissy and defensive or they don't say anything at all. They know damn well what the deal is. But in their minds, the ends justify the means...which IMO, is a direct conduit for truly evil and selfish people assuming power.

I saw these yard signs before the election...alongside Biden were others that said "Restore Sanity"...OK, define friggin' "sanity".
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

10. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Some people think that a "Civil War" might be coming. It's not. It's a war with China. We are already at war with China. Literal war. War is not always on a battlefield. It does not always involve guns, shooting, tanks.

Wars are fought by either Invasion, and/or Infiltration. This war with China, in the most literal sense, has been waging for years already as the latter.

Wars are not to merely kill a lot of men. They are fought to conquer. This war, which China has waged years ago, has placed Chinese spies, and even Nationals in high powered positions. Politicians, Judges, Governors, even the lower board members, and of course most of the mainstream media. Even Fox News, which is "Controlled Opposition".
    When I was in the Navy in the early 80s, I learned a lot about the military power of the US. I was in intelligence...which meant I had a security clearance and worked exclusively with officers in the most important rooms. I read things I wasn't "supposed" to read...want to know what I learned? Nobody on this planet would stand a chance against us in a toe to toe...not even the Soviet Union. And they knew it. We had the ability to sink every single surface ship and submarine they had, anywhere on the planet, within minutes. We knew exactly where everything was and assets to destroy it hot on their heels at all times. That's why I never was concerned about war with them...unlike my friends that talked about digging holes in the ground.

China would get their asses kicked, too. And they know it. But I certainly agree with you Beech...we've been at war with them for at least 30 years. I think they had a big shift in ideology after Tiananmen Square...and their ability to infiltrate us was laid right at their feet. Courtesy of greed. Isn't that something?...the Capitalist showed up and exposed their jugular.

They're just going to poke and prod but mostly just sit back and watch us tear ourselves apart. The media, the politicians and the elite using sex, race and gender as weapons of division to maintain their status. The Chicoms will promise them wealth and privilege eternal but in the end the "lower classes" as we all are will be working for THEM.

I never believed WWlll would be a shooting war...but in wondering in what direction humanity would take by the middle of this century is coming clearly into focus. The lay of the land is being shaped by people making moves...and they can rig elections, too. That's the masterstroke.

The opposing briefs to Texas don't argue law. They argue emotion. "...undemocratic overturning of an election would send us into the realm of dictatorship...," "seditious abuse of the legal system..."

SEDITION to file a lawsuit.

CNN: "This lawsuit is insane..."

This is a legal case. Even given my preference for the Texas side, there is at least some legal argument for the other side, even I recognize that. Damn, argue your legal side and Constitutional take rather than blather.

But in reality, that's all the left has. From white privilege, to trashing our history, to the scamdemic. All of it hysteria and devoid of intellect.

13. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    The only election being overturned is a Trump Presidency.

Everything else is projection.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

15. Likes Byron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    When I was in the Navy in the early 80s, I learned a lot about the military power of the US. I was in intelligence...which meant I had a security clearance and worked exclusively with officers in the most important rooms. I read things I wasn't "supposed" to read..
    Now just imagine, if China knew you had valuable strategy info against them, and had a way to secretly get in contact with you, if they offered you $2B and said they would help you make it look like legit business earnings.... would you take it?

Many politicians have become rich this way. I don't fault them completely for that, it's a very hard deal to turn down. But people are starting to see this has been happening for years. Obama didn't make his millions from a friggin' book deal. And we truly don't know Obama's real net worth, nor Clinton, nor Biden, nor many propaganda pushers in the media.

And with China getting all kinds of benefits going their way with devaluing their currency, they can offer billions to tons and tons of people. They've almost got unlimited money they can bribe people with. This means nearly unlimited power of influence.

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    What if China knew they were losing the current cold war with the US? What if they understood it was Trumps strategies that had their economy in shambles and brought their country to its knees....

....what if they released a pathogen designed to equalize the battlefield and remove Trump from office?

19. Likes devo_stevo, oldno7, dougrz liked this post
    If you know, you know.

Name:  171D5623-DA15-41DE-BB18-87D277E39551.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  22.8 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

21. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    What if China knew they were losing the current cold war with the US? What if they understood it was Trumps strategies that had their economy in shambles and brought their country to its knees....

....what if they released a pathogen designed to equalize the battlefield and remove Trump from office?
    Bingo. Another thing I learned while in the service is that if the battle isn't going your way, sprinkle some chemical or biological agents over the field of battle and you've got a stalemate real quick.

23. Likes devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
    "Innocent parties pound the facts, guilty parties pound the table."

Consider the battle lines of who has actually filed or requested status:

PA Gov/SecState(both D) v PA Speaker/MajLeader (both R). Who better reps the "legislature" as written in the Constitution?

GA Gov/SecState (both R) v GA legislators (all R).

Detroit v the President.

20 states v ~20 states.

How could the SC in good conscience not settle this? Branches of govt opposing each other on an epic scale. Or maybe the SC uses that as a reason to stay out. Arguing it's better to let Federalism and the messy battles of governance settle things.

I can see it going either way.

25. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    how does this end peacefully?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Is it even possible to nullify voters that don't exist?

Whom would be disenfranchised, dominion, dead people, printing machines?

As put forth by Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

^ I came to the understand in the 90s we had to split up. The ball keeps rolling that way.

You can certainly say in our hearts we have seceded from each other. We are not one nation. In name only.

29. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

For the conservative movement, for decades we have worked to secure a Constitutionalist Supreme Court.

Decades of supporting Repubs we didn't like. Decades of donating and working and calling and arguing and persuading.

Now it seems to have boiled down to this. In the nation's moment of need, will all our work have paid off? Will the court read the plain text of the Const and order it followed?

Or like everything else in society, will the rules be bent to benefit the left?

The conservative movement dies much faster now if they deny this. Hell of a lot of people are going to say, what has the point been?

32. Likes oldno7 liked this post

or it's not.....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

35. Likes Byron, 2065toyota liked this post