Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Government Shutdown

Name:  A17C3F44-9006-4CDA-AA3A-1866DC259D6B.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  25.9 KB

2. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is going to last a while.... Trump picked the battle, Trump defined the battlefield, and Trump choose a battle that if he loses it will cost him the 2020 election.

Trump has intentionally placed his back to the wall and left himself no exit but a complete victory... This will be interesting...

Climb-Utah.com

"My way or the Flyaway!!!"

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I like how reading rg's post has the added benefit of having a word of the day calendar.

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I like how reading rg's post has the added benefit of having a word of the day calendar.
    I try to change them weekly. Part of a personal goal to get more edumacated. Thought I'd bring others along for the ride.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I try to change them weekly. Part of a personal goal to get more edumacated. Thought I'd bring others along for the ride.
    All my life, I've pronounced it Non-pullsed.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Government shutdown day 18.

Electricity still works, water is still running. No cool gangs to join yet.

Worst apocalypse ever!!!

Name:  86B28EB4-C8EA-4E93-B97F-FB97C486B64B.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  A223A6A8-D980-4FF6-A718-E95945F7F068.jpg
Views: 241

12. Likes rockgremlin, twotimer liked this post
    Ah yes, the movie "Them". I think our reality now is even weirder than that movie was.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post

Name:  A223A6A8-D980-4FF6-A718-E95945F7F068.jpg
Views: 241
    It's funny you can tell he's somewhat fumbling with the cardboard glasses

Name:  773038ED-B709-45D7-B45F-645E2F06C057.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  29.9 KB

President Trump is asking for $5.7 Billion out of an annual budget of $4.407 Trillion...In other words, President Trump is asking for $57 dollars out of an annual budget of $44,070....Think about that. Imagine your other half saying "we're not going back to work, the kids aren't getting their allowances, and no bills are getting paid until you give up the idea of spending $57 dollars to fence in our yard"...This is what Pelosi and Schumer have halted our government for.

Climb-Utah.com

I think before this weekend is over, he'll declare the emergency and just get it over with. I've read that the cash is available from the military budget...construction projects or in this case, defensive fortifications. Everybody will be back to work by Monday. Ya! clean toilets again!

Lots of dirty poopers at Lake Mead last week.

Trump deserves credit for actually trying to work with these people. What I find hard to understand in all this is that there are people who have convinced themselves that he wants a physical structure from San Diego to Brownsville. I reckon these are the same folks that believe in ghosts even though they've never seen one.

I'm ready to fly to Hawaii for a month (Big Island) but I have to wait for the shutdown to end because access is denied to a backpacking beach that I'd spend about a third of my time...Halape in the national park. The moment this shutdown ends, I'll book the flight.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Yeah Trump will do it, he just wanted to prove to the world that the Dems are absolutely unwilling to work with him on anything. He knew it all along.

People don't give Trump the credit he deserves, but he's got all of this stuff planned 3 steps ahead of everybody. That's why he wins every time.

The nice thing about declaring an emergency is it sets great precedent down the road for future presidents. How many people die each year without insurance? Declare an emergency and institute single payer without congress. Too many shootings? Declare an emergency and restrict guns. Can't get congress on board with global warming? Who cares? declare an emergency and go that route. You can always find money somewhere for an emergency.

And before you think this is 3d chess that trump is winning, the polls disagree:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...wn-blame-game/

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...utdown-1088207

The nice thing about declaring an emergency is it sets great precedent down the road for future presidents.
    OK...so let's worry about that when it happens. BTW, presidential emergencies have been declared many times...including from your beloved Obama.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    OK...so let's worry about that when it happens. BTW, presidential emergencies have been declared many times...including from your beloved Obama.
    Just hearing his name gives me stirrings. I just wish we had heart emojis.

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    The nice thing about declaring an emergency is it sets great precedent down the road for future presidents. How many people die each year without insurance? Declare an emergency and institute single payer without congress. Too many shootings? Declare an emergency and restrict guns. Can't get congress on board with global warming? Who cares? declare an emergency and go that route. You can always find money somewhere for an emergency.

And before you think this is 3d chess that trump is winning, the polls disagree:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...wn-blame-game/

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...utdown-1088207
    I gotta admit, I agree with you on this one regarding the idea of just declaring an emergency and doing it. There's a reason we have 3 branches of government and it's a slippery slope when we start ignoring that and just going all nuts with this stuff. Even though I want the border secured and I think it's very important, I'm not a fan of Trump (or anyone else) just ramming it through without going through the proper channels.

We don't have heart emojis? What about wet kisses?

I think you get my point...Trump does anything and it's bad. The guy seems quite reasonable to me.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Even though I want the border secured and I think it's very important, I'm not a fan of Trump (or anyone else) just ramming it through without going through the proper channels.
    It's actually in our Constitution that the Prez had the power to do this...it's one of the proper channels. My view is that Congress is corrupted...the possibility of which is why it was put in there.

Border Security, to me, is a military matter.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

26. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post