Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Government Shutdown

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Concur. The amount of treasonous offenses occurring of late is astonishing. These elected reps no longer represent their constituents or America, they represent themselves and/or their special interests. Time for a major reboot!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

2. Likes twotimer liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Meh. I am pretty sure "enemies" is not how 99.99999% of people would classify illegal aliens. Also it is more than a stretch to say democrats are supporting illegal immigration. Just because they don't want to fund the wall, doesn't mean they support illegal immigration.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Meh. I am pretty sure "enemies" is not how 99.99999% of people would classify illegal aliens. Also it is more than a stretch to say democrats are supporting illegal immigration. Just because they don't want to fund the wall, doesn't mean they support illegal immigration.
    How do you explain ~6000 unknowns charging our southern border? We defend the South Korean borders, German borders and all sorts of foreign countries, but can't seem to figure out how to protect our own! SMH. So tired of politicians and non-vets that seem to find a way to justify this. Anybody that objects should be sent to a country where active skirmishes take place and where US troops are defending. BTDT, bitches!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Meh. I am pretty sure "enemies" is not how 99.99999% of people would classify illegal aliens.
    Illegal aliens are by definition criminals... so there is that.

7. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    Just because they don't want to fund the wall, doesn't mean they support illegal immigration.
    And while we're being honest let's admit the only reason Democrats don't want to fund the wall is because it was a major part of Trump's campaign and they don't want to give him the win. Democrats were all for funding the wall when Obama was in office... so what really changed?

This should really be a no brainer if both sides were supporting the country and not their jobs.

FWIW- The White House announced today that tax refunds would be paid out despite the government shutdown.

I'm good with that....

Climb-Utah.com

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    How do you explain ~6000 unknowns charging our southern border? We defend the South Korean borders, German borders and all sorts of foreign countries, but can't seem to figure out how to protect our own! SMH. So tired of politicians and non-vets that seem to find a way to justify this. Anybody that objects should be sent to a country where active skirmishes take place and where US troops are defending. BTDT, bitches!
    If only vets get to have opinions then Bonespurs needs to stfu. Or is it only non vets who disagree with you that need to leave???

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And while we're being honest let's admit the only reason Democrats don't want to fund the wall is because it was a major part of Trump's campaign and they don't want to give him the win. Democrats were all for funding the wall when Obama was in office... so what really changed?

This should really be a no brainer if both sides were supporting the country and not their jobs.
    If this was so important why hasn't the GOP done anything about it in the past 15 years? As I said earlier in this thread, I would think that most people would like to see an actual plan instead of just "give me $5b to fulfill my campaign promise" There is plenty of wall, fencing, etc. all along the border. I have no problem seeing more where appropriate, but please show me where it will go, and what it will cost first. As it stands now, it is nothing more than Trump playing politics and trying to make his base happy. As far as I know the Dems are not currently nor have they ever been against money going to border security.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Climb-Utah.com
    More meh.

To be fair you should post a picture of no guns rules at the GOP convention.

I would think that most people would like to see an actual plan instead of just "give me $5b to fulfill my campaign promise" There is plenty of wall, fencing, etc. all along the border. I have no problem seeing more where appropriate, but please show me where it will go, and what it will cost first.
    This appeals to the engineer/planner in me. I agree it's one thing to just ask for $$$, but quite another to ask for money and specifically line out what and why it's needed and where that money will be spent.

If it's that important, sell it. I thought that's what Trump was good at. At the moment he's just rattling a tin cup to appease his base.

All of this is irrelevant IMO. Even if we were to construct the most impenetrable wall possible the Mexicans would still find a way over/through/underneath. For hell sakes we're dealing with a culture that tunneled an escape route to free El Chapo from a Mexican prison. They're resourceful and relentless. We can spend billions trying to stop them but they will always find ways around.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

No one says a wall will stop the illegals, but any border agent will tell you it would make their job a lot easier.

To be fair you should post a picture of no guns rules at the GOP convention.

That went over like a fart in church among many GOP supporters and they were called out on it. When are the Democratic supporters going to call out Chuck and Nancy on their hypocrisy?

Name:  1-8-2019 1-21-46 PM.png
Views: 293
Size:  369.4 KB

Satire, but so much truth to it, it could be a real article:

https://babylonbee.com/news/with-gov...heir-own-lives

If this was so important why hasn't the GOP done anything about it in the past 15 years?
    Because nobody had the balls that Trump has. He doesn't need friends, he doesn't need special bills and lobbyists to make extra money. He doesn't give a single shit about the enemies.

The GOP in general gets called racist by the Left, and they cower back. Trump gets called Racist while reaching out to the Black community, and he says bring it bitch.

18. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Trump will address the nation at 7pm MT.

Live feed below.

Yikes...these two people may be the creepiest thing I've ever seen on TV. What a shitshow.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Government Shutdown

Oh boy...these clowns are running our government.

Johnny took my lunch money...give it back Cindy.

Climb-Utah.com

FWIW - Chuck and Nancy are getting roasted on social media for their rebuttal... they are being compared to disappointed parents.

"When you think you can sneak into the house after staying out late, but mom and dad are waiting for you in the kitchen".

Climb-Utah.com

I didn't hear their rebuttal, yet I am sure I know every phrase they used.