Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 213

Thread: Government Shutdown

  1. #101
    The really stupid part in all of this is the Democrats want a secured border. They just don't want it to happen on Trump's watch because it's a big win for him on one of his signature issues.

    The Democrats are stupid if they don't deal on this. At the moment they can deal and get something they want out of this. If Trump declares the border a National Emergency the Democrats get nothing in exchange for building a wall.

    Congress, do your job!



    Climb-Utah.com

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The really stupid part in all of this is the Democrats want a secured border. They just don't want it to happen on Trump's watch because it's a big win for him on one of his signature issues.

    The Democrats are stupid if they don't deal on this. At the moment they can deal and get something they want out of this. If Trump declares the border a National Emergency the Democrats get nothing in exchange for building a wall.

    Congress, do your job!



    Climb-Utah.com
    And this is the main issue that I see. At the end of the day, most reasonable people want the same things in life, but just because we don't like someone, we'll throw a fit about it and take our ball and go home.

    If anything, this whole thing shows us all just how much the government has infiltrated our everyday lives. Some of it makes sense. Some of it is just stupid.

  4. #103
    Interesting article on #FakeNews....

    San Diego station claims CNN asked for local border wall perspective, but bailed when response favored Trump

    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-favored-trump

    Climb-Utah.com

  5. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    And this is the main issue that I see. At the end of the day, most reasonable people want the same things in life, but just because we don't like someone, we'll throw a fit about it and take our ball and go home.

    I'm just amazed that Chuck and Nancy are willing to die on this hill.

    The money Trump is asking for is less than 0.1% of the federal budget.




    Climb-Utah.com

  6. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'm just amazed that Chuck and Nancy are willing to die on this hill.

    The money Trump is asking for is less than 0.1% of the federal budget.




    Climb-Utah.com
    So far they aren't. Most people blame trump for the shutdown still.

  7. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    So far they aren't. Most people blame trump for the shutdown still.

    When has Trump ever cared about, believed or bent to the wishes of polls?!?

    Setting your talking points to whatever the latest poll says was Hillary's game, and it's also a big reason she is not President.

    I want a leader that does what is right, does what they promise, ignores the polls, and leads from the front.

    YMMV



    Climb-Utah.com

  8. #107

  9. #108

  10. Likes twotimer liked this post
  11. #109
    The My Cousin Vinny one is much better than the bearded redneck.
    It is the scent of garlic
    That lingers on my chocolate fingers

  12. #110

    Government Shutdown

    Amid border wall debate, third drug tunnel found in less than a month along Arizona border

    Mexican authorities discovered the tunnel in a town across the border from Nogales, Arizona, and they suspect it was used to smuggle drugs and people

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2554567002/


  13. #111
    This is a really interesting read....

    America's Cold Civil War

    https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/ameri...anmedinsurance

    Climb-Utah.com

  14. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    So far they aren't. Most people blame trump for the shutdown still.
    Whether justified or not, that is true.

  15. #113
    ...


    Climb-Utah.com

  16. #114
    Just remember this.... we could have built 30 walls with the $150 Billion Obama gave Iran.

  17. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Just remember this.... we could have built 30 walls with the $150 Billion Obama gave Iran.
    Name:  Where-Did-The-Money-Go.png
Views: 61
Size:  477.8 KB

    Name:  US-Navy-Plane-wooden-pallets-stacked-with-Cash.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  71.0 KB

    I wonder how Iran spent all that cash?
    Non∑plussed
    /nšnˈpləst/

    1. [adjective] (of a person)
    surprised and confused so much that they are unsure how to react.

    • synonyms: confused, bewildered, bemused, puzzled, perplexed, baffled, stumped, mystified, stupefied, dumbfounded, at a loss, stunned...

  18. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I wonder how Iran spent all that cash?
    We already know what Iran did with the cash... they used to to fund terrorism, promote their anti Israel agenda, and spread their radical Shia brand of Islam.

    The Iranian leaders did not pour the money back into Iran or their economy, which was the intended purpose.

  19. #117
    Fun fact - if you are a government worker, you are not a tax payer. You do not "pay taxes". You are paid IN taxes. Money is stolen from private sector workers and given to you. Your paycheck is stolen from my paycheck.

    Climb-Utah.com

  20. #118
    Lots of drama with the shutdown, eh? Catastrophe is just around the corner...babies should start dropping off from starvation any day now.

    All that, PLUS...anybody in this country that isn't white is a beaten down slave, and Trump is a secret agent for Russia.
    It is the scent of garlic
    That lingers on my chocolate fingers

  21. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
  22. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This is a really interesting read....

    America's Cold Civil War

    https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/ameri...anmedinsurance

    Climb-Utah.com
    Ahhh...nice little history lesson, but I disagree with his speculation on it going hot. I don't see evidence that we're close to being at each others throats. I think most realize that politics and the media are a giant turd of bull wrapped with a little layer of what's really going on.

    The political circus is a bit concerning, though. Funny thing...I though this last election ('16) was certainly the most important in my lifetime, now it may be the next one.

    I'm really curious to see who's left standing after the Dem primary is over. I don't think they'll be able to "anoint" someone like last time. Gonna be a battle royale.
    It is the scent of garlic
    That lingers on my chocolate fingers

  23. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Ahhh...nice little history lesson, but I disagree with his speculation on it going hot.
    A hot war was only one of his 5 predicted solutions. I think that is the least desirable solution, but it is a possibility, as it happened once before.

    Personally I think one or both parties will eventually fracture and a new party will emerge. A one time both the Federalist and Whig parties were one of the two leading parties and both eventually fractured.

    I predict it will be the Democratic party that will fracture as their is also currently a civil war inside the party between the moderates and the progressives. But they currently are united by their hatred of Trump.

    The GOP could also fracture as I expect to see Romney make a presidential run in 2020. Romney running in 2020 is the only conceivably reason I can see for Romney starting a war as he did with Trump before he was even sworn into office.


Similar Threads

  1. Government Shutdown
    By accadacca in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 07:57 AM
  2. Utah and a possible government shutdown Oct. 2015.
    By caverdan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 12:48 PM
  3. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 08:02 PM
  4. The Truth About the Government Shutdown
    By Deathcricket in forum The Political Arena
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 02:58 PM
  5. Government Shutdown
    By IntrepidXJ in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •