Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Government Shutdown

Government Shutdown

I maintain that so long as I'm still forced to pay taxes there is no such thing as a government shutdown... that is all...

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Personally I like the idea of funding the wall with the $14 billion seized from drug lord El Chapo. That plan kills 2 birds with one stone. It gets the wall built and Mexico pays for it. YMMV

https://www.ajc.com/news/gen-politic...2rivRm7x2bZUO/

Climb-Utah.com

Building a wall is an utterly ridiculous idea. What, Mexicans are incapable of finding alternate routes into the U.S.?

Completely asinine idea.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Flying into the US and then over staying your VISA is the number one method of illegal immigration... just sayin'

But Trump made some promises he needs to keep to satisfy his base.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Flying into the US and then over staying your VISA is the number one method of illegal immigration...

But Trump made some promises he needs to keep to satisfy his base.
    I agree with all of this. Unfortunately for Trump building a wall has now become an issue of cashing those checks that he made with his mouth when he was campaigning, for better or worse.

Gotta respect that level of integrity. Many politicians would backpedal.

Climb-Utah.com

10. Likes devo_stevo, rockgremlin liked this post
    Lol...

Climb-Utah.com

Lol...

Climb-Utah.com
    Prioritize "High Risk Projects"? Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Prioritize "High Risk Projects"? Like what?

How about cleaning up the spill they created at the Gold King Mine in Colorado for starters?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I agree with all of this. Unfortunately for Trump building a wall has now become an issue of cashing those checks that he made with his mouth when he was campaigning, for better or worse.

Gotta respect that level of integrity. Many politicians would backpedal.
    I seem to remember something about promising that Mexico would pay for this....

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I seem to remember something about promising that Mexico would pay for this....

They still will. The reasoning is somewhat circuitous, but they will definitely finance it.

In a government shutdown, national parks are transformed into the Wild West — heavily populated and barely supervised
    Washington Post

Joshua Tree, Calif. -- The government shutdown has left America’s national parks largely unsupervised. No one is at the gate. No one is collecting a fee. The visitor centers are closed. There are some law enforcement and emergency personnel on site, but certainly nothing as standard as a park ranger who can answer a question.

People are streaming into the parks, enjoying the free access, but they're finding trash cans overflowing and restrooms locked. Vault toilets are not serviced, and there's hardly a flush toilet to be found anywhere. If nature calls — well, the woods are over that way.

"Once those port-a-potties fill up there's no amount of cleaning that will save them," said Sabra Purdy, who along with her husband, Seth, owns the rock-climbing guide service Cliffhanger Guides in the town of Joshua Tree.

more at https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-w...ment-shutdown/

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    They still will. The reasoning is somewhat circuitous, but they will definitely finance it.
    ^^^THIS^^^

But the Mexican's could dump $25 billion in cash on the US border and Democrats would still deny Mexico paid for the wall... So there is that..

^^^THIS^^^

But the Mexican's could dump $25 billion in cash on the US border and Democrats would still deny Mexico paid for the wall... So there is that..
    Because it is lame, and not remotely what he promised. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...r-wall-774108/

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Because it is lame, and not remotely what he promised. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...r-wall-774108/
    Yeah... because Rolling Stone is such a conservative rag and presents such a fair and balanced view.
    /EndSarcasm

As I said, the Mexicans could dump the money on our doorstep and Liberals would spin it as not what Trump promised.... thanks for proving my point.

Climb-Utah.com

Hey so can I fly my drone inside the National Park boundary then, since nobody is working there?

I think I like this whole Government Shutdown idea. I can't see a downside.

21. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    And just to keep things in perspective... Trump has asked for $5 billion a year to fund the wall and border security.... that is roughly the same amount the US military spends in Afghanistan every single month!

The US could completely fund Trump's wall and increased security with the money the US military spends in Afghanistan in 6 months.

Understand those numbers and let that sink in for a minute.

Climb-Utah.com

23. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Name:  7D42AA06-A3E1-4312-A31D-F441DDCC6427.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  17.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I think I like this whole Government Shutdown idea. I can't see a downside.
    that's because you're wantonly ignoring all the downsides.