Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Government Shutdown

The really stupid part in all of this is the Democrats want a secured border. They just don't want it to happen on Trump's watch because it's a big win for him on one of his signature issues.

The Democrats are stupid if they don't deal on this. At the moment they can deal and get something they want out of this. If Trump declares the border a National Emergency the Democrats get nothing in exchange for building a wall.

Congress, do your job!

Climb-Utah.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The really stupid part in all of this is the Democrats want a secured border. They just don't want it to happen on Trump's watch because it's a big win for him on one of his signature issues.

The Democrats are stupid if they don't deal on this. At the moment they can deal and get something they want out of this. If Trump declares the border a National Emergency the Democrats get nothing in exchange for building a wall.

Congress, do your job!

Climb-Utah.com
    And this is the main issue that I see. At the end of the day, most reasonable people want the same things in life, but just because we don't like someone, we'll throw a fit about it and take our ball and go home.

If anything, this whole thing shows us all just how much the government has infiltrated our everyday lives. Some of it makes sense. Some of it is just stupid.

Interesting article on #FakeNews....

San Diego station claims CNN asked for local border wall perspective, but bailed when response favored Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-favored-trump

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    And this is the main issue that I see. At the end of the day, most reasonable people want the same things in life, but just because we don't like someone, we'll throw a fit about it and take our ball and go home.

I'm just amazed that Chuck and Nancy are willing to die on this hill.

The money Trump is asking for is less than 0.1% of the federal budget.

Climb-Utah.com

I'm just amazed that Chuck and Nancy are willing to die on this hill.

The money Trump is asking for is less than 0.1% of the federal budget.

Climb-Utah.com
    So far they aren't. Most people blame trump for the shutdown still.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post

When has Trump ever cared about, believed or bent to the wishes of polls?!?

Setting your talking points to whatever the latest poll says was Hillary's game, and it's also a big reason she is not President.

I want a leader that does what is right, does what they promise, ignores the polls, and leads from the front.

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

10. Likes twotimer liked this post
    The My Cousin Vinny one is much better than the bearded redneck.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Government Shutdown

Amid border wall debate, third drug tunnel found in less than a month along Arizona border

Mexican authorities discovered the tunnel in a town across the border from Nogales, Arizona, and they suspect it was used to smuggle drugs and people

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2554567002/

This is a really interesting read....

America's Cold Civil War

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/ameri...anmedinsurance

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Whether justified or not, that is true.

Climb-Utah.com

Just remember this.... we could have built 30 walls with the $150 Billion Obama gave Iran.

Just remember this.... we could have built 30 walls with the $150 Billion Obama gave Iran.
    Name:  Where-Did-The-Money-Go.png
Views: 225
Size:  477.8 KB

Name:  US-Navy-Plane-wooden-pallets-stacked-with-Cash.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  71.0 KB

I wonder how Iran spent all that cash?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I wonder how Iran spent all that cash?
    We already know what Iran did with the cash... they used to to fund terrorism, promote their anti Israel agenda, and spread their radical Shia brand of Islam.

The Iranian leaders did not pour the money back into Iran or their economy, which was the intended purpose.

Fun fact - if you are a government worker, you are not a tax payer. You do not "pay taxes". You are paid IN taxes. Money is stolen from private sector workers and given to you. Your paycheck is stolen from my paycheck.

Climb-Utah.com

Lots of drama with the shutdown, eh? Catastrophe is just around the corner...babies should start dropping off from starvation any day now.

All that, PLUS...anybody in this country that isn't white is a beaten down slave, and Trump is a secret agent for Russia.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

21. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    This is a really interesting read....

America's Cold Civil War

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/ameri...anmedinsurance

Climb-Utah.com
    Ahhh...nice little history lesson, but I disagree with his speculation on it going hot. I don't see evidence that we're close to being at each others throats. I think most realize that politics and the media are a giant turd of bull wrapped with a little layer of what's really going on.

The political circus is a bit concerning, though. Funny thing...I though this last election ('16) was certainly the most important in my lifetime, now it may be the next one.

I'm really curious to see who's left standing after the Dem primary is over. I don't think they'll be able to "anoint" someone like last time. Gonna be a battle royale.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Ahhh...nice little history lesson, but I disagree with his speculation on it going hot.
    A hot war was only one of his 5 predicted solutions. I think that is the least desirable solution, but it is a possibility, as it happened once before.

Personally I think one or both parties will eventually fracture and a new party will emerge. A one time both the Federalist and Whig parties were one of the two leading parties and both eventually fractured.

I predict it will be the Democratic party that will fracture as their is also currently a civil war inside the party between the moderates and the progressives. But they currently are united by their hatred of Trump.

The GOP could also fracture as I expect to see Romney make a presidential run in 2020. Romney running in 2020 is the only conceivably reason I can see for Romney starting a war as he did with Trump before he was even sworn into office.