Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pussification of America

Gen-X folks today wonder why the old timers are so nostalgic for the good old days....

2. Likes twotimer liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Gen-X folks today wonder why the old timers are so nostalgic for the good old days....
    OMG an ad like that nowadays would result in a class action lawsuit with mandatory public apologies, fines, and probably community service thrown in for good measure.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    OMG an ad like that nowadays would result in a class action lawsuit with mandatory public apologies, fines, and probably community service thrown in for good measure.
    Truth... and the sad part about all that is it's just a little humor. Too bad some can't just enjoy the laugh without making a federal case out of it.

True story... my cousin was was having a hard time getting pregnant and was spending a fortune going to a bunch of fertility doctors and stuff. So I asked her if she had tried having sex in the backseat of a Camaro. She asked how that was supposed to work, and I told her that's where half the girls in my high school got knocked up....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Oh man...I've got a real good story about a back seat like that. Any of ya, around a campfire...ask me about it. It's a bit vulgar, but funny as hell. It involves a bottle of baby oil and a pervert with a flashlight. Before you try to guess how this all went down, don't. You simply won't believe it.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

And now Gillete is jumping on the anti-masculinity gravy train.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/gi...-a-real-thing/

Not sure what their motive is, unless they’re trying to win over the femi-nazi crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    And now Gillete is jumping on the anti-masculinity gravy train.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/gi...-a-real-thing/

Not sure what their motive is, unless they’re trying to win over the femi-nazi crowd.
    This was dissected completely yesterday by Mandy Connell...a radio show host I listen to in the afternoons when I'm working.

More millennial men are growing beards...take a look at the commercial and you'll see that the "hero's" are all clean shaven. They're trying to convince these guys that having a beard is akin to being a bully or a cad. They're trying to sell razors.

Gillette used to promote "Friday Night Fights".
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

9. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Oh man...I've got a real good story about a back seat like that. Any of ya, around a campfire...ask me about it. It's a bit vulgar, but funny as hell. It involves a bottle of baby oil and a pervert with a flashlight. Before you try to guess how this all went down, don't. You simply won't believe it.
    Did it involve drinking Baileys from a shoe? Maybe going to a club where people wee on each other?

Ha! I can't tell the story here, but I swear it's damn near that weird.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Ha! I can't tell the story here, but I swear it's damn near that weird.

[ahem] We have a "Rubbish Bin" section.

Just sayin'...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

http://genesiustimes.com/gillette-in...ia-castration/. (/satire)

Gillette is doubling down on solving masculinity....

“We can’t ignore the problem of ‘toxic masculinity’ any more,” Gillette president Tom Shears said Tuesday. “We’re striking the problem where we can best help—and that’s with blades that are specifically designed for chopping off your balls.”

14. Likes twotimer liked this post
    I'm gonna grow my 'stache all nice and thick now.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

I will no longer be buying Proctor & Gambel products... that is all...

I'm just trying to figure out how the millennial's and libertards would handle the legalization of dueling... hahaha...

If a commercial offends you, you should smile more. You’re so much prettier when you smile.

I shave once a week and only use the twin blade disposables in the super pack from Costco. All those other multi-blade contraptions they sell are crazy expensive and don't work any better. I don't care who makes them.

The way I see it, Gillette wanted to get attention, and they got it.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Blog Entries
    Talk about melodramatic and faux outrage here.

I think the ones that were so-called “offended” by the Gillette commercial are the ones the message was intended for.

My take is that they are not against masculinity at all, but rather men being a**holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Talk about melodramatic and faux outrage here.

I think the ones that were so-called “offended” by the Gillette commercial are the ones the message was intended for.

My take is that they are not against masculinity at all, but rather men being a**holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was a lot of hilarious irony with the OP of the pussification thread getting all hot and bothered about a commercial that hurt is feelings. lol. Ice, if this makes you mad enough to boycott, you'd fit in really well with the sjw twitter mob. I hear they are pissed about an actor playing a dude in a wheelchair. Go rage!

For what it's worth, Dorco razors are where it's at. Super cheap and seem good to me.

There is a difference between laughing at somebody and being mad at them. Some have trouble seeing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    There is a difference between laughing at somebody and being mad at them. Some have trouble seeing it though.
    True. But I think when you decide to boycott Proctor and Gamble you have to admit that it made you mad.

Name:  umad.JPG
Views: 742
Size:  61.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    True. But I think when you decide to boycott Proctor and Gamble you have to admit that it made you mad.
    NOPE!!! not mad.... and I don't think I mentioned anything about being mad or upset.

You have it a little backwards, or made a bad assumption.... but... I always support products I believe in with my pocketbook. It makes a much larger difference then most people understand.

I gained this insight from my numerous years as a professional motorcycle and race car driver and my understanding of how sponsorship works and its effects. So basically I'll be switching to products that support agenda's I believe in.

FWIW - When you ASSUME to make an ASS of U and ME.

25. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post