Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real or Fake? Arch demolition video

Real or Fake? Arch demolition video

I think it's fake, what do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

Real or Fake? Arch demolition video

I dunno. Part of the lighting makes it look fake, yet, when the boulders run over the tumbleweed, you can see it move.

I’m half and half on it.

And second of all - is this arch a known one/famous one?

And if this vid goes viral, fake or not, I’ll bet ya a million dollars some kids will copycat this and actually do it for realzies.

And what about smoke from the blast? Or dust? There is a tiny amount of dust, but it feels like there would be more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Whatever that is on the left at first, a dude with a hat and glasses trying to look at the camera to see if it's on, is that even a thing anymore? If so, it would have been on a tripod, and the camera wiggles so it's not on a tripod.

If you play the first seconds over and over again, you can see the guy's head do a hard bounce, it definitely looks fake if you watch it like that as the whole frame bounces too. The first 2 seconds give it away for me, it's a fake camera jiggle.

Looks real to me. I wonder where this thing is...or should I say, was.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Yeah it definitely was done very well if it's fake. The arch does seem somewhat familiar.

The solid color background of the arch makes it much easier to control and separate the effects. The video description says they received 3 videos, curious to see what the others are.

Another reason I think it's fake, it's an arch we can't go check on right now because it's not a well known arch. They want us to speculate for weeks, even months, wondering where this arch is to confirm its fate.

Notice the sound of the explosion, too. No delay to reach the camera.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Notice the sound of the explosion, too. No delay to reach the camera.
    That’s because they are close to it?

I’ve been very close to lightning once when I was firefighting for the BLM and saw a strike a few hundreds from us on a lone tree but nearly instantly heard the thunder.

I’m still half and half on it. It’s not conclusive. If it’s a fake - it’s not a bad one.

●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I've witnessed literally thousands of blasts in hard rock from a decade of working at surface mines. The distance apparent in the video is enough that there would definitely be a slight offset between the audio and the visual.

It's fake.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

11. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Where is all the dust? Fake
    Life is Good

I don't see any scout troops, so I'm guessing the arch is just fine :)
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    I don't see any scout troops, so I'm guessing the arch is just fine :)

Blog Entries
    How about this one...

https://youtu.be/y0aMUSevdoM

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    How about this one...

https://youtu.be/y0aMUSevdoM

I've got a strong suspicion it's from the very same source. The camera shakes right at the crucial moment of explosion, possibly hiding some "less than perfect" effects while the explosion happens.

If the video were to play a few seconds longer you could examine the clouds behind the missing rocks to see if they looked legit, or fabricated. But the video cuts right before the dust clears.

If there truly were somebody blowing these things up, packing in dynamite, they'd be filming it with more than a cell phone. They'd have a tripod and a cheap camcorder with a good zoom. The video from the camcorder would be less traceable than the video from the cell phone. They would be recording a good few minutes before the blast, and then a good minute or so after the blast.

The way these videos are cut are a dead giveaway for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I've got a strong suspicion it's from the very same source. The camera shakes right at the crucial moment of explosion, possibly hiding some "less than perfect" effects while the explosion happens.

If the video were to play a few seconds longer you could examine the clouds behind the missing rocks to see if they looked legit, or fabricated. But the video cuts right before the dust clears.

If there truly were somebody blowing these things up, packing in dynamite, they'd be filming it with more than a cell phone. They'd have a tripod and a cheap camcorder with a good zoom. The video from the camcorder would be less traceable than the video from the cell phone. They would be recording a good few minutes before the blast, and then a good minute or so after the blast.

The way these videos are cut are a dead giveaway for me.
    That dust looks pretty legit though...

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    That dust looks pretty legit though...
    They heard the feedback from the first video that there wasn't enough dust and added more to this one

19. Likes jman liked this post
    Another thing - the type of explosives required to pull this off are EXTREMELY regulated. You can't just go down to the dynamite store and pick you up a combo pack. This stuff is regulated by the ATF, and they know who's got what and when it's detonated. They have to. After 911 all explosives became hyper regulated.

I'm not buying the notion that just anybody can get their hands on this stuff and make an environmental snuff film without getting thrown in jail. If it's legit rest assured the feds are all over tracking down the culprits, who will be treated like terrorists if caught.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    That's fake too - didn't you see the camera shake?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

LOL classic