Thread: PETA urges people to stop using ‘anti-animal language’

PETA urges people to stop using ‘anti-animal language’

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Do you ever wonder if peta is an elaborate hoax like the onion? People can't really be that stupid.

4. Likes Scott Card, jdn1221 liked this post
    My first reaction was to roll my eyes at this, but I really like the alternate suggestions.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

• "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"

I thought bread was bad for birds... Why would these cruel human being suggest that I feed them scones?

7. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    I thought bread was bad for birds... Why would these cruel human being suggest that I feed them scones?
    Plus plants use thorns as a defense mechanism. Seems awful inconsiderate to rip them off.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Plus plants use thorns as a defense mechanism. Seems awful inconsiderate to rip them off.
    Have you ever torn a thorn off a rose bush? It bleeds!!!!

Life is Good

Not mine, but i love this response from another forum:

PETA is busy as a bee trying to make the world a more animal friendly place. Using animal Idioms is a pet peeve of theirs. They are working at a snails pace and I feel that they really opened a can of worms with this one. They must really feel like the world is their oyster. They are watching us like a hawk, which may make you mad as a hornet, but hold on to your horses. In this dog eat dog world we’ve really got to get our ducks in a row. You may think that they should just let sleeping dogs lie, but a little bird told me that PETA is all bark but no bite, which gives me butterflies in my stomach. I see them more of a wolf is sheep’s clothing. They like you to think they are as gentle as a lamb, but they can sometimes act like a bull in a china shop. If anything that PETA said actually made difference then I’d be a monkey’s uncle. Tearing down their arguments is like shooting fish in a barrel. But alas, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Its all really just a dog and pony show.

And while it may feel that this rat race will never end, and we all may be running around like a chicken with its head cut off, you can still find good in this world if you look around with your eagle eyes. I really dont want to beat this topic like a dead horse so I wil try to end this comment. I may add to this later...

11. Likes blueeyes, Scott Card liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    My first reaction was to roll my eyes at this, but I really like the alternate suggestions.
    But "Be the test tube" is an insult to those on IVF

and "Bring home the Bagels" is an insult to non-Jews

It's just animal activists gone mad (perhaps they already were?)

13. Likes rockgremlin liked this post