Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2019

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^The hype train is full steam ahead.

I'm still skeptical that Utah is a better team than Washington or Oregon.

We'll see...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^The hype train is full steam ahead.

I'm still skeptical that Utah is a better team than Washington or Oregon.

We'll see...
    How does UTAH move in the polls but yet Penn State who blew out Idaho state doesn’t move any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Zach Moss just showed up on this weeks Heisman Watchlist at #9. His burning the last 9 minutes off the clock at last weeks game was very impressive.

https://www.deseret.com/2019/9/4/208...s-heisman-list

Early season Bowl picks based on week 1's results, LOL

Name:  go.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  60.3 KB

Nice feel good article....

How the Hallandale Trio's commitment is taking Utah football to greater heights
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46635211...reater-heights

Climb-Utah.com

11. Likes accadacca liked this post

Bradlee Anae is now eighth all-time in sacks for Utah Football and has helped the defense hold both opponents so far under 100 yards rushing . #StatOfTheWeek

Utah is favored by 3.5 at USC. Predictions?

^^^ Tough call. History is on USC's side since Utah hasn't ever won in the Colosseum. They got close in 2017 when Troy Williams blew that late game 2-pt conversion. Huntley was out with an injury that game. Utah was really close but lost in the final seconds. Today's team is probably better than that one, and the Trojans are probably worse than they were two years ago, so I've gotta give it to Utah.

Utes 27
    Trojans 23

I can hear it now...

If Utah loses in the Colosseum this Friday, every Zoober from here to Kolob will be boldly and loudly proclaiming that BYU is actually the better team since they beat USC.

I don't think Utah will lose to USC this week, but there are several things going against Utah in this game:

1. History - Utah is winless in USC's house, and all the players know it. There's a bit of a mental block there not allowing Utah to get over this losing streak in the Colosseum. It should give the USC players a shot of confidence knowing that they own Utah at home.

2. USC rarely loses 2 in a row -- especially at home. USC's recent woes can either depress their team or inspire it. We'll know which when they take the field this Friday.

3. Redemption -- USC might be playing with a chip on their shoulder, wanting to redeem themselves from last week and show everybody that all is still good in Trojan-Town.

Personally, I think the BYU game exposed USC. It laid bare the glaring ineptitude of the coaching staff at USC, and confirmed what many Trojan fans suspected all along -- that USC is overrated this year, and Clay Helton is not the right man for the job. After Utah beats USC this week, the Trojans will lose at Washington the following week, and then again at Notre Dame the week after that. They could be sitting at 2-4 at the midpoint of the season, at which point I'd be shocked if Clay Helton was still on the Trojan payroll.

All of this illustrates just how crappy Stanford is this year as well.

^^^ No way in hell USC loses 4 in a row as you predict. They might have shitty coaching, but they are always one of the most athletically talented teams in the country. The worst that will happen is they go 1-3 over this stretch, your job is to pick the sacrificial lamb.

Climb-Utah.com

^^^^ That yards allowed stat is the YUGE difference between these two teams and should reflect so in the score on Friday night.
    Life is Good

20. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Utah vs. USC stats to date is an extremely poor comparison. USC has only played quality opponents and Utah has one quality opponent and one glorified high school team.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    USC has only played quality opponents

Not really.

Stanfurd is garbage this year. They might be as bad as Oregon State but not quite as bad as UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Stanfurd is garbage this year.
    A shitty Stanford team will still beat half the D1 teams in the country, and don't even think about comparing them to the might D2 school Utah scheduled.