Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2019

Could be a big week if Utah can get it done.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So far, so good...

Utah dominating Arizona. And the Ducks just got blown up in Tempe.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Utah is a more complete team. There are obviously some big holes in Ducks defense.

Welp...they held Utah twice in the redzone. Can’t push through on the 1?

The crowd is not into the game anymore. They got a 1st down and I don’t think anyone noticed.

10. Likes gholt liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Phil Steele has Utah ranked at #8 in the nation.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...5/#133474325_1

^^^^This post was made back on July 8th.

Utah is making good on all the pre-season hype.

Nov. 25, 2011
    Utah loses 17-14 to Colorado handing UCLA the Pac-12 South. Coleman Peterson misses 3 field goals.

Who remembers this? Well...Utah is favored by 28.5 on Saturday.

Dang I feel for that kid. You can see the obvious frustration as he makes that walk of shame back to the sideline.

Where is he now I wonder?

Dang I feel for that kid. You can see the obvious frustration as he makes that walk of shame back to the sideline.

Where is he now I wonder?
    Bagging groceries at Harmons? Lol. No clue...

For Utah to make the NCAA four team playoff's they must win out.... And LSU must beat Georgia in the SEC Championship game. Anyhoo... that's the way I see it as the playoff committee will take a one loss PAC 12 Champion over Alabama who didn't even win their division, or at least that has been how they operated in the past. It would also help if USC climbed a couple of spots in this weeks poll as that loss is being to look better as it was against a ranked team, on the road, by one score, and without Zack Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    For Utah to make the NCAA four team playoff's they must win out.... And LSU must beat Georgia in the SEC Championship game. Anyhoo... that's the way I see it as the playoff committee will take a one loss PAC 12 Champion over Alabama who didn't even win their division, or at least that has been how they operated in the past. It would also help if USC climbed a couple of spots in this weeks poll as that loss is being to look better as it was against a ranked team, on the road, by one score, and without Zack Moss.
    I think LSU beats Georgia. Georgia is good this year, but they're playing in LSU's stadium.

This is a scenario where you should be careful what you wish for because if Utah did qualify for the playoffs wouldn't they be playing LSU in the Peach Bowl?

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I think LSU beats Georgia. Georgia is good this year, but they're playing in LSU's stadium.

This is a scenario where you should be careful what you wish for because if Utah did qualify for the playoffs wouldn't they be playing LSU in the Peach Bowl?
    If Utah did make the playoff they would most likely be the 4th seed and play LSU... I'm not sure exactly what I'm wishing four. If they win out and don't make the playoff's they will probably play Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. I was just looking at what it would take for Utah to actually make the playoff's.

Lots of "ifs" still to play out.... most important is Utah still has to get by Colorado and Oregon.

At this point...win the south and then win their first Pac-12 championship. Anything else is just gravy...IMO.

Yup... if they lose to Colorado it's off to the Holiday Bowl or Red Box Bowl, and if they lose to the Ducks it's off to the Valero Alamo Bowl..... all would be let downs.....