Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Can you get medical marijuana for back pain now, or did Sombeech veto that?

I think Sombeech and Governor Herbert put the kabosh on that.

**DISCLAIMER** Nowhere in this post did I mention nor allude to the LDS Church in any way, shape, or form. I absolve myself of any and all reference to the LDS church in matters of Medical Marijuana in the State of Utah, and cannot be held responsible if interpretation to the contrary has been made by any outside party.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    All totaled we got close to 16 ~ 18 inches at our place. When all the shoveling was complete the snowdrifts were piled up almost chin deep everywhere. The snow was extremely dense and heavy as well. Like shoveling wet concrete. I watched as the branches from the neighbors trees snapped under the weight of the snow.

The mailbox is almost buried.
    Attachment 91381

5 Foot snow bunkers everywhere.
    Attachment 91382
    Happy now?

BTW, my mailman would have a temper tantrum if I did that to the mail box and claim that he can’t deliver the mail. lol

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Happy now?

BTW, my mailman would have a temper tantrum if I did that to the mail box and claim that he can’t deliver the mail. lol
    ^^^THIS^^^

If I don't have my mailbox dug out I'm not getting mail.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Happy now?

Yes I am. Thank you for asking. I'm fine with not getting any mail. It's all just bills anyways.

A few years ago when we got monster snow and nobody could get rid of it, and the street crews just kept pushing it back over the mailboxes and back into our driveways, the Mail Lady and I had a few "exchanges" via written letters in my mailbox, talking about how I had to keep the mailbox clear or I would no longer receive my mail.

I wrote back and said I was ok with that.

Then I got a notification from the city after she tattled on me, saying it's my responsibility to keep the mailbox clear, and I responded by saying it was their city drivers that pushed the snow in front of the mailbox. It was the thick concrete snow that a snowblower can't touch. Shouldn't the city snow removal and the post office be on the same team?

This was also when the news would have features telling us it's illegal to push our snow out into the road, but it's perfectly fine for the plows to barricade our driveway with a 3 foot ice wall, 5 feet out into the street.

I caved and just dumped 4 bags of salt right there in front of the mailbox, basically because my wife was worried our internet would get shut off because we didn't receive the bill. This was before we did much online.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    A few years ago when we got monster snow and nobody could get rid of it, and the street crews just kept pushing it back over the mailboxes and back into our driveways, the Mail Lady and I had a few "exchanges" via written letters in my mailbox, talking about how I had to keep the mailbox clear or I would no longer receive my mail.

I wrote back and said I was ok with that.

Then I got a notification from the city after she tattled on me, saying it's my responsibility to keep the mailbox clear, and I responded by saying it was their city drivers that pushed the snow in front of the mailbox. It was the thick concrete snow that a snowblower can't touch. Shouldn't the city snow removal and the post office be on the same team?

This was also when the news would have features telling us it's illegal to push our snow out into the road, but it's perfectly fine for the plows to barricade our driveway with a 3 foot ice wall, 5 feet out into the street.

I caved and just dumped 4 bags of salt right there in front of the mailbox, basically because my wife was worried our internet would get shut off because we didn't receive the bill. This was before we did much online.
    Great story.

I'm with you -- the hypocrisy within the city "services" really bothers me. So they can just barricade us in, with the expectation that we're all going to have snow blowers and strong backs to dig our way out. But what about all the elderly and/or invalid folks out there who can't physically remove the snow -- I guess those types just don't get mail until the Spring then huh?

4 bags of salt -- Lol my passive aggressive nature would've prompted me to do something very similar.

^^^ Is that cop there to make sure everybody chains up from there on?

Blog Entries
    This last storm should hold the state off for a few more weeks. Plus, we have mondays "big storm" to look forward too.
    Name:  1-18-2019.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  111.5 KB
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I read an AP article just a week ago that claimed Utah was still below normal on snowpack.

What a difference a week makes.

14. Likes jman liked this post
    Another nice little bump yesterday. If this keeps up we get to hear all of the "oh no, we are gonna have terrible floods." from our local news folks.

Name:  pack.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  103.1 KB

16. Likes rockgremlin, devo_stevo liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Sweet! thanks for posting the update. That's good for the watersheds around SLC.

I hope this winter keeps pummeling the Pine Valley mountains (north of St. George) so that the Gunlock Reservoir can overflow that causeway, now that I have a nice camera and a great drone for a once a decade event it seems. :crossingfingers:
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

18. Likes jdn1221 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Sweet! thanks for posting the update. That's good for the watersheds around SLC.

I hope this winter keeps pummeling the Pine Valley mountains (north of St. George) so that the Gunlock Reservoir can overflow that causeway, now that I have a nice camera and a great drone for a once a decade event it seems. :crossingfingers:

YES!!!! I've been there three times over the last two years and have yet to see it overflow. The Spring - Summer of 2017 it got REALLLLY close. In fact the water level crept up the west dike a ways before receding. I think I posted a TR about it...

20. Likes jman liked this post

22. Likes rockgremlin, jman liked this post
    Groundhog Day 2019: Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow

Well...the latest "big storm" was a swing and a miss...again. The report claimed three days of rain mixed with snow. I got 15 minutes of slow drizzle, and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Well...the latest "big storm" was a swing and a miss...again. The report claimed three days of rain mixed with snow. I got 15 minutes of slow drizzle, and that was it.
    You need to head up into the hills. All of our resorts have done great over the last 36 hours and it isn't going to stop until Wednesday afternoon. If it wasn't for a god forsaken 9:00 conference call, I would be up there now. But I will be up in a few hours and if the lord blesses me, I will get a half day tomorrow and Wednesday as well. Lots of snow in them there hills!

27. Likes jman, accadacca liked this post
    That’s the way I like it. Keep it in the mountains.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    You need to head up into the hills. All of our resorts have done great over the last 36 hours and it isn't going to stop until Wednesday afternoon. If it wasn't for a god forsaken 9:00 conference call, I would be up there now. But I will be up in a few hours and if the lord blesses me, I will get a half day tomorrow and Wednesday as well. Lots of snow in them there hills!
    Ya, it’s well above average right now for the entire state except two areas. 98% for bear river mountains and 94% for escalate area.

Turning out to be a better than average water year for the entire state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"