Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Ya, it’s well above average right now for the entire state except two areas. 98% for bear river mountains and 94% for escalate area.

Turning out to be a better than average water year for the entire state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we just need Uintahfly to say some more prayers that Mother Nature doesn't spring a warmer than average March on us and everything melts too quickly and all at once.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Now we just need Uintahfly to say some more prayers that Mother Nature doesn't spring a warmer than average March on us and everything melts too quickly and all at once.
    Well, don’t drive your car and save on C02 emissions then.

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    All hail Ullr! We thank thee for this bounteous feast you are bestowing upon us. Please give us 12 more weeks of your love, as we sacrifice our quads and our ptex in your honor.

Name:  Ullr.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  44.3 KB

5. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Another storm is blowing in...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Another storm is blowing in...maybe.
    I can report that it is here. Skiing was delightful this afternoon.

Sadly this has been my view for 45 minutes. I think I may be here a while.

Thanos was right

8. Likes devo_stevo liked this post

Winter 2018-2019

Snow Day! School has been cancelled for our kids and that’s a first ever. My daughter had a field trip to go downtown. It’s an absolute mess out there. 12-14” across the valley.

Snow Day! School has been cancelled for our kids and that’s a first ever. My daughter had a field trip to go downtown. It’s an absolute mess out there. 12-14” across the valley.
    Tell your kids about the "make up day" they will have to sit through on a warm, bright, spring day... thst always makes them happy.

I was not really surprised to see the difference in weather coming into work this morning. SLC has what looks like 6+ inches right now (7:40am), and yet there's barely a skiff in Ogden. A quarter of an inch, maybe. Ogden kids are reporting to school just like any other day.

That groundhog is a lying bastard!

That groundhog is a lying bastard!

"All this moisture is gonna push off to the East and Altuna...!"

"Buddy -- you got that moisture on your head!"

Brigham got a skiff. Nothing to report here.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like salt lake county and tooele county got hit the hardest. David and north didn’t get more than 3” top.

On the plus side, Alta received more than 40” in the past 30 hours!

●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Just heard on KSL that since Sunday evening, Brighton summit received over 5 feet of snow from this storm. Impressive!
    Life is Good

17. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Just heard on KSL that since Sunday evening, Brighton summit received over 5 feet of snow from this storm. Impressive!
    Sweet - love it!

I checked the snotel for SW Utah and they are at 180% of normal. (Come on Gunlock reservoir! )

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Northern Utah County is being hit hard. Half of our office staff not able to get in. My wife works in Alpine and we live by the AF Hospital. It took her 25 minutes to get to her office. She said it was the worst commute she's had in the 15 years she's been there. Alpine School District still open. On social media, parents are furious. If this isn't justification for a snow day I don't know what is. I guess ASD isn't really about "safety first".
    Are we there yet?

My view of the world has changed greatly in the past week. A couple pictures from today and a couple from a ago week.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post

Queue the Debbie Downers to come out and remind us all that "we're gonna need 5 more winters like this to happen consecutively to pull us out of this crippling, ongoing drought we're experiencing."

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I'm now a bit over 2' of snow on the homestead and its still coming down hard in South Jordan!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

At my new teacher orientation for Granite School District this summer they swore up and down that they would NEVER call a snow day. No less than four big wigs for the district reiterated this, as well as my principal. No matter the conditions, they swore that schools would open due to the large amount of low-income students and serving a large area.

Today is my first snow day EVER. I didn't think they existed in Utah. The last time GSD called a snow day was in 1993.

Unfortunately school now ends May 24th instead of on the 23rd.

I had a feeling this storm was gonna be a doozy. Left my house at 4:10 this morning and pulled into Alta just before 5:30. LCC was full white knuckled driving. The mood in the GMD went from excitement when they announced the road closed for the day to extreme worry as the time ticked by and it was looking like they may not open. But once the lifties brought out the gates life got better. Interlodge lifted just after 11 and full country club powder was on. Deepest snow I ever remember skiing and top 3 day all time. Probably the best actually.

Now I pray the road opens for me to get home.

26. Likes accadacca, jman liked this post