Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods considers removing all hunting gear from stores

Dick's Sporting Goods considers removing all hunting gear from stores

Months after Dick's Sporting Goods made the move to stop selling assault-style rifles, the company is now considering removing all hunting gear, reports our sister station WLOS.

https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/d...res-12-02-2018

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^In for a penny in for a pound.

Dick's sales are down 4% since they alienated gun owners by becoming anti 2nd Amendment. No matter what they do they will never get those consumers back in their store so to recoup that 4% they need to find a new market.

I know 4% doesn't sound like much but it's huge in the world of business.

I've bought a few things from Dick's when I lived Downtown but haven't been in that store for years. I buy my guns at either Big 5 or Cabelas. At least the ones I own now, looking into a 9 mm by spring. The Big 5 purchases I've just known what I wanted, with the 9 MM I'll go to Cabelas or Gallenson's for advice. They seem pretty knowledgeable.Mostly why I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's anyway. I asked a dude behind the counter a question on a Marlin 30/30, got a blank stare in return. No thanks.

I've never been in Dick's and they have guaranteed I never will.

I have an FFL and buy all my guns online directly from the distributor or I use Gunbroker.com if I'm buying or selling something special.

There's a Dicks here in American Fork which has only been open for just over a year. I drive by frequently and never see more than a handful of cars in their parking lot. I don't know how they've kept the doors open this long.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    I've bought a few things from Dick's when I lived Downtown but haven't been in that store for years. I buy my guns at either Big 5 or Cabelas. At least the ones I own now, looking into a 9 mm by spring. The Big 5 purchases I've just known what I wanted, with the 9 MM I'll go to Cabelas or Gallenson's for advice. They seem pretty knowledgeable.Mostly why I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's anyway. I asked a dude behind the counter a question on a Marlin 30/30, got a blank stare in return. No thanks.
    You should buy my Beretta. In great shape. I've had it probably 5 or 6 years but only fired 300-500 rounds through it.

8. Likes DirkHammergate liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    You should buy my Beretta. In great shape. I've had it probably 5 or 6 years but only fired 300-500 rounds through it.
    How much do you want for it? I have to warm up the girlfriend to the idea (raging liberal). I do have her okay with me shooting any Trump militia that might be refusing to accept the outcome of the 2020 election so I think she'll be fine with it.

How much do you want for it? I have to warm up the girlfriend to the idea (raging liberal). I do have her okay with me shooting any Trump militia that might be refusing to accept the outcome of the 2020 election so I think she'll be fine with it.
    No clue what it is worth. Anyone know what a Beretta 92 FS is going for these days?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    No clue what it is worth. Anyone know what a Beretta 92 FS is going for these days?
    Gunbroker.com is your friend.

utahgunexchange.com is also a good local source.

How much do you want for it? I have to warm up the girlfriend to the idea (raging liberal).
    Probably just be easier to upgrade your woman to hot chick that already has her own guns... just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Probably just be easier to upgrade your woman to hot chick that already has her own guns... just a thought...

Nah man...she's liberal and probably weights 200 pounds. She's perfect!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Not Dick’s customers...

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Nah man...she's liberal and probably weights 200 pounds. She's perfect!
    The minute he mentioned she was a raging liberal we all knew she was at least 200 pounds or ugly.

Climb-Utah.com