Thread: Bow & Arrow Canyon - Moab

Bow & Arrow Canyon - Moab

I added a new technical canyoneering route to the Climb-Utah.com website this weekend. This is an outstanding route and will soon become a Moab classic. This route is as good as anything in Moab. The route is beginner friendly with competent leadership... Enjoy the video!!!

The beta can be found here for anyone interested.

http://climb-utah.com/Moab/bowarrow.htm

2. Likes uintafly, jman, Scott Card, windminstrel liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I added a new technical canyoneering route to the Climb-Utah.com website this weekend. This is an outstanding route and will soon become a Moab classic. This route is as good as anything in Moab. The route is beginner friendly with competent leadership... Enjoy the video!!!

The beta can be found here for anyone interested.

http://climb-utah.com/Moab/bowarrow.htm

Well, I guess now we know where the location of that mystery arch is...

...And I'm assuming those two B&Hs were already in place?

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yup, I needed to find the arch to help figure out the route. And yes, the bolts and hangers were already there. The route is being guided by one of the local Moab guide services. Moab Mark help with figuring this out.

And in other news, I have a couple more Moab routes coming but they don't compare to this one. This route is on par with Lomatium, Elephant Butte and Rock of Ages. This route is destined to be a classic.

Brace yourself for the hate mail that is bound to follow from the guiding companies and elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Brace yourself for the hate mail that is bound to follow from the guiding companies and elitists.
    Hahaha... just about every Utah guide company I know of is guiding at least one route I pioneered or betaed for them so we're good.

In what is now over 20 years of spraying beta to the interwebs I have not recieved a single bitch from any guide service. I have recieved a couple courtesy emails informing me a particular guide is about to start guiding "one of my routes".

The guide service that pioneered Bow & Arrow is guiding a half dozen routes that I pioneered so I'd be amazed if I hear anything negative from them.

Climb-Utah.com

Sweet. Looks like a nice winter option.

For a family friendly route 10 minutes from the Moab Diner it's tough to beat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why do folks like the Moab Diner so much? There are plenty of other tastier options in Moab, but there is a consistent following who claim that The Diner is just the bestest restaurant in Moab. During the time I lived there I gave it a try on several occasions, but each time I was left wondering why it's so popular.

The other one that's irrationally popular is that one dive at the end of Locust Lane -- Milt's (I always called it Milf's, ). Talk about a heart attack - that place is mostly all grease and little else.

11. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Why do folks like the Moab Diner so much? There are plenty of other tastier options in Moab, but there is a consistent following who claim that The Diner is just the bestest restaurant in Moab. During the time I lived there I gave it a try on several occasions, but each time I was left wondering why it's so popular.

The other one that's irrationally popular is that one dive at the end of Locust Lane -- Milt's (I always called it Milf's, ). Talk about a heart attack - that place is mostly all grease and little else.
    I would agree too.

Milts has a wayyyyyyyy too long wait for a In n Out burger (in comparison). And while Milts is okay, the thing that bugs me the most about it is the constant flies buzzing around the fry sauce bin and tables.

Moab Brewery is a good choice, but I LOVVVVE Pasta Jays. That’s probably the best restaurant in town for Italian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

You guys have it all wrong. Go to Denny's and get an Ultimate Omelet. That'll hit the spot and you don't have to wait.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Brewery is a good choice, but I LOVVVVE Pasta Jays. That’s probably the best restaurant in town for Italian.

Pasta Jay's is in my top three all time favorite restaurants list. The Stuffed Chicken Genovese is unbelievably good. I get it every time I'm in town. It's better than any of the Italian restaurants I've tried in the SLC area, by far.

15. Likes jman liked this post
    Moab Brewery in town. Ray's or Groggs coming and/or going.

17. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Moab Brewery in town. Ray's or Groggs coming and/or going.
    We usually hit Groggs on the way down. They have huge portions, have great food and love the small town atmosphere. And one of those servers is super hot too, which is an added bonus. She’s been there for a few years and she is nearly there every time we are there. Lucky me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Delete

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    You guys aren't it's the Holy Grail of Moab .

The reason that most people like it in my humble opinion is there's a lot of variety for a reasonable price.

Milt's is the poorest run shizhole on the Earth.

23. Likes jman liked this post
    IMO...the Moab Diner.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

The ice cream shop inside the Moab Dinner is responsible for a large portion of their sales and popularity. Every trip my kids manage to get an ice cream shake from there.

Climb-Utah.com

How do I get my glass picture removed as the main picture now?