Thread: Fancy coats banned to protect poor kids

Fancy coats banned to protect poor kids

What's more ridiculous, that they ban fancy coats to "protect" poor kids, or that parents buy kids $1,200 coats? I had never heard of that Moncler brand so I checked it. lol. They sell $380 coats for dogs and $120 trousers for babies. People are so dumb.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/sc...s-feeling-poor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Laughing my ass off.... like the poor kids don't already know they're poor.... No one needs a coat to tell the difference.

This reminds me of candyass recreational youth soccer leagues where they don't keep score so the losers don't feel like losers...... except every kid and every parent at the game is keeping score.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Laughing my ass off.... like the poor kids don't already know they're poor.... No one needs a coat to tell the difference.

This reminds me of candyass recreational youth soccer leagues where they don't keep score so the losers don't feel like losers...... except every kid and every parent at the game is keeping score.

You know what is weird? That is how my son's rec soccer league is, but his baseball league not only keeps score but has playoffs and a championship. The difference in the 2 leagues is striking. In baseball the parents are loud and competitive, we have official scorekeepers, the coaches will occasionally get into it with each other and just about everyone is playing to win. But soccer is not like that at all. It's all puppies and lollipops. No scores are kept, rules are barely followed and the coaches are doing nothing to try to win. Must be a cultural thing, but I am hoping soccer gets a little better as he gets older.

Growing up I wouldn't let my kids play in rec leagues that didn't keep score. Learning how to win and how to lose are both important parts of life. Sometimes the biggest and most important life lessons are learned in a loss.

I must have done something right as both my kids were out of the house and pursuing great careers before the age of 22.

At least once a week I have some helicopter parent ask how I managed that. In fact just this week I had a "we don't week score" parent asked me how I got my kids out on their own. He then added "my daughter is 30, her and her kid live with me and I see no end in sight".

Both my kids understand how to win and how important winning is. They also understand a loss is not the end of the world.

And both my kids wore poor kid coats because their dad was a tight ass... ROFLMAO

This is so dumb. The whole "someone at that company disagrees with me, let's boycott!" needs to stop.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/2...ains-corporate

This is awesome, and it pretty much explains what's going to happen to the helicopter kids when they finally meet the real world.

This video is without doubt worth 30 seconds of your life, so watch it, and then we shall discuss...

9. Likes jdn1221, twotimer liked this post
    Of course they made fun of the girl. Because naming someone Abcde is truly idiotic. The girl better get used to mocking.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46437517...rls-abcde-name
    Last edited by uintafly; 11-30-2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: poorly written

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Of course they made of the girl. Because naming Abcde is truly idiotic. The girl better get used to mocking.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46437517...rls-abcde-name
    ^^^THIS^^^

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^

Climb-Utah.com
    My Niece teaches at a middle school here in Utah. he has a student named SSSST...

pronounced Forrest. Parents are dumbshits...

13. Likes devo_stevo, accadacca, Iceaxe liked this post