Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana in Utah

Blog Entries

Medical Marijuana in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Please for the love of God point out where I have ever said I hate Mormons??? Or even where I said their rules were "offensive" to me? It sure would be a surprise to many of my close friends and family that I secretly hate them all. Just pointing out that the LDS church is controlling (an opinion that is shared by a lot of members and non members alike btw) does not constitute me hating the Mormons. Since when does stating what many believe is a valid criticism of a group constitute "hate and animosity". It's absurd.
    I believe the point of Scott’s post was that he isn’t a fan of YOUR word “controlling”.

He then gave an example of his law firm that, like a church, is “controlling”.

Perhaps you should rethink your usage of the word “controlling”. Controlling, means to domineer.

If you want to submit yourself to an organization, church, company, family, etc. there are expectations, statements, and proclamations that are given if one wants to join. That’s all there is to it.

If you want to be a temple worthy member, then you need to abstain from alcohol, coffee, pay tithing, etc. If you just want to be a member, you can still drink and smoke all you want, you just won’t be able to get a temple-recommend. You can still come to church, listen, interact and be a great contributing member despite your love/dependence on alcohol, prop2, etc! So again, not “controlling”. It’s a personal sacrifice giving up vices if you want to pursue a temple-recommend.

Now, if you abuse, hurt, are violent and “control” others, then the church membership can be revoked.

That is all cogent to me.

Again, perhaps relook at your usage of the word “controlling”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jesus Christ did I miss something??

Are you asking Him or us?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Please for the love of God point out where I have ever said I hate Mormons??? Or even where I said their rules were "offensive" to me? It sure would be a surprise to many of my close friends and family that I secretly hate them all. Just pointing out that the LDS church is controlling (an opinion that is shared by a lot of members and non members alike btw) does not constitute me hating the Mormons. Since when does stating what many believe is a valid criticism of a group constitute "hate and animosity". It's absurd.
    My apologies. I was less than articulate in my post. My last comment about "all of the hate and animosity...." was a general observation as to the political climate in general, not you specifically. I am disappointed in the nastiness from both sides of the isle on virtually every issue in the news today. I am also disappointed with some inside and outside of my church as to the pointed and ignorant comments.

While I acknowledge there are churches in this world who do actually control people through governmental power and church power being the same thing, in the case of churches in this country, because of the wisdom of the founding fathers, church and state are separate. God be thanked for that principle. By in large, no one in this country is controlled. Exceptions being certain cult type organizations or whackadoodle parents brainwashing their kids.

I would welcome any discussion on my beliefs and the issue of agency or choice and accountability. Too many people want to relieve themselves for their problems by blaming someone or something else for their own choices. By extension, we get what we deserve when it comes to our politicians. It is a lazy argument to just throw out there that because of "x" church or "x" organization that person belonging to it is somehow controlled. I call bologna on that argument.
    Life is Good

6. Likes jman liked this post
    Here's the email. I received it on 8-23.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
    My big problem with this email is I believe it violates the separation of church and state.

If you want to be a tax exempt religious organization that's fine, but then you should not be allowed to endorse candidates, judges, propositions, ect.

If you want to endorse candidates, judges, propositions that makes you an advocate and you should be paying taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    My big problem with this email is I believe it violates the separation of church and state.

If you want to be a tax exempt religious organization that's fine, but then you should not be allowed to endorse candidates, judges, propositions, ect.

If you want to endorse candidates, judges, propositions that makes you an advocate and you should be paying taxes.
    Case law doesn't support your statement. And no, I don't have time to write you a brief... ;)
    Life is Good

9. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Are you asking Him or us?
    I laughed. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Case law doesn't support your statement. And no, I don't have time to write you a brief... ;)
    That's because churches have the money and political power to buy the case law outcomes they desire. It's a catch 22 :-)

Climb-Utah.com

Ice, my friend, You probably ought to rethink that statement again. So your saying the supreme court is bought and paid for? Nah.... Too many rulings "against" religion: Prayer in school, displaying the ten commandments, nativity scenes, discrimination actions...etc.
    Life is Good

13. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    My big problem with this email is I believe it violates the separation of church and state..
    No, a church can even go as far as to force their members to vote a certain way or threaten excommunication. The members have the freedom to leave that church, or that's where the State could get involved. But with church policies? No, unless they break the law.

The State however, cannot sponsor a certain religion.

Separation of Church and State only means the State cannot sponsor a religion, but the freedom of religion means a church can worship squirrels and nacho cheese and tell it's members to vote a specific way, and the State can't do a damned thing about it.

15. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Thanks for the education...

...still doesn't mean I have to like it ;-)

17. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Thanks for the education...
    Consider it baptism

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Consider it baptism

“The cost is absolutely a problem. Insurance doesn’t pay for this, and it costs people usually at least $100, maybe up to $1,000 per month.”

https://www.ksl.com/article/46424274...ical-marijuana

Back to buying it on the streets, I guess.

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Back to buying it on the streets, I guess.
    Exactly. And that's precisely what's going to happen as well.

It's kinda like when folks go buy heroin on the street when their doctor cuts off their Oxycontin.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Think about it, before you light up.

——

Court Rules That Medical Marijuana Card Holders Can't Buy Firearms

http://fortune.com/2016/09/01/medica...6BzF-jgvQyEeN8

Here is the real problem with our healthcare... this is a bill... for ONE MONTH of chemo. And yet everyone is worried about medical marijuana being a problem...

Climb-Utah.com

Climb-Utah.com

27. Likes rockgremlin, DirkHammergate liked this post
    Holy shit that’s painful. Basically an automatic bankruptcy for almost anyone without insurance. Hopefully not a member of your family, but if so good luck with the fight and f@&$ cancer.

29. Likes DirkHammergate liked this post