Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utah Supreme Court rejects challenge to medical marijuana law that replaced Prop. 2

Yeah, that's pretty much the final nail in the coffin for the original Prop 2. We're stuck with the bastardized Utah government compromise to Prop 2, which to be honest is a lot farther than I thought Utah would go with it.

Sometime in the next 5 - 10 years the Feds will completely decriminalize marijuana and then Utah won't have to worry about all these charades and compromises. We'll probably reflect back on this time and laugh.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wait, I remember the campaigns and social media push for Prop 2, and when somebody countered to say "they just want dispensaries", the Prop 2 fans would say "Oh no, no no, we just want it legal for doctors to prescribe Cannabis to those who need it".

It seems that's exactly what happened, right? Maybe the legislation read the direct wording of what the fans were promising and decided to make it exactly what they said.

Or is there something that is different from what they wanted? That's been a tough one to figure out, nobody can give an easy explanation.

The big differences are that the original Prop 2 allowed those with a doctor's prescription to grow your own cannabis if you lived in an area that was too far from a licensed dispensary. Also, there's supposed to be a lot more dispensaries allowed under the original Prop 2 than the Compromise (from 15 to 7 -- half!!). The Compromise only allows for a very small handful ~ although I've heard that it's possible that may be amended in the future if the demand grows beyond the capacity allowed by law.

Another significant difference is that the Compromise severely limits how patients can consume cannabis. Under the Compromise, patients may only consume edibles via a small cube or "gummy" but nothing else, and the only way to consume the leaf itself is through dispensary "blister packs". It's really bizarre, and smacks of the craziness seen in Utah's liquor laws.

At the end of the day the Compromise is better than nothing, and I think the State has done a decent job trying to please all parties concerned.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 08-08-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    #FakeNews.... The House did NOT pass a bill legalizing pot, The house passed a bill out of committee that would legalize pot. That is a BIG difference. The bill has not been voted on by the full house, or at least that's how I read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The house passed a bill out of committee that would legalize pot.

For those of us dummies who aren't familiar with the nuances of how the House/Senate conduct meetings, please elaborate. What does "Out of commitee" mean specifically?
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 11-20-2019 at 04:37 PM.

The bill goes before a committee (small group) that decides if they want to advance the bill to the full house for a vote. If they vote to advance the bill it's put in the queue and may or may not come before the full house as the speaker of the house (Pelosi) get's to decide what bills and what order they are voted on.

FWIW - this is what has happened to the USMCA bill in the house. It's in line, but Pelosi refuses to bring it to a vote because it's a guaranteed home run and Pelosi doesn't want to give Trump a win of any type so she just refuses to bring the bill to a vote. The Senate and McConnell also play the same games. If the house ever does impeach Trump there is about a 90% probability the Senate will never even bother to bring it out of committee to vote on it.

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The Senate and McConnell also play the same games. If the house ever does impeach Trump there is about a 90% probability the Senate will never even bother to bring it out of committee to vote on it.

I disagree--I believe it is in the Republicans best interest to proceed with a trial.

With actual rules of fairness, it will shine a bright light on the coup, along with exposing many for corruption.

If the swamp needs draining, this should go to a senate trial.

During an election year, a trial would swing many votes, I'd roll the dice and say many more to Republicans than rats.

Amazing how the US pays billions in foreign aid that ends up in democrats coffers.(as well as some "Republicans" cough,cough--romney)

on a related but different note--I believe about 90% of people under 50 believe the President will be removed on house impeachment.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    on a related but different note--I believe about 90% of people under 50 believe the President will be removed on house impeachment.
    This is certainly true.... I have a lot of people ask me questions about the impeachment because they know I understand how our government works.... and a large majority of them are surprised to learn Trump will not be removed from office with a house vote of impeachment. Even my wife was surprised to hear this, but I guess that's what happens when you marry a hot young trophy wife... hahaha...

My only downside about the Senate bringing this to a full vote is that means wasting another $40 million of our tax dollars and having to suffer through three more month's of lame stream media trying to spin the words of everyone that testifies.

On the upside is many of my friends, even those who despise Trump, note that this is a bullshit clown show and are not happy about it.

Climb-Utah.com

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    ^^^^If could get some pictures of the cbd toothpicks in your head, we could maybe offer some input as to a remedy.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasRoss View Post
    ...CBD toothpicks...

Are they platinum plated?

14. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Name:  67310A26-68CF-4DA0-9924-A3E15B680653.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  19.8 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

16. Likes BruteForce, devo_stevo liked this post

Wait. So, government regulations aren't working as intended to keep banned products out of the hands of teens? Shocker. Obviously, the only logical thing to do is increase the regulation. Eventually, that will get them out of of hands of teens.

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/20...ork-fda-vaping

“When the Trump administration decided to prohibit fruit, mint and dessert flavors in refillable cartridge-based e-cigarettes like Juul, it carved out a few exceptions to mollify the vape shop owners and adult consumers who complained. The much-publicized exemption allows menthol and tobacco flavors. But a footnote on page 9 of the new policy permits all flavors to continue to be sold in devices that cannot be refilled and are designed to be disposed of after the flavored nicotine has run dry.”

"The disposable options don’t just have all the flavors teens love, but they’re cheaper, too,"

"the ban may not be serving its intended purpose — keeping nicotine away from kids."

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Jayce McKay Crook? Asking for a friend.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46712767...y-in-rape-case

"“On the way to the jail, the defendant said he was only selling marijuana so that he could pay for his attorney in a pending rape case,” the charges state."

Umm, purely for scientific purposes, can anyone vouch for or debunk this?

https://www.facebook.com/51443700870...263235481/?d=n

Here’s another recent post from our attorney, Michael Hepworth, about DUI issues in Utah:

“So, no joke. This is crazy. Apparently, your lips and tongue turn green when you smoke marijuana. At least according to some police officers in Utah.

Recently, I have had a swath of new DUI cases where police officers are actually writing down in their reports that marijuana causes green tongues and green lips! This is no laughing matter, however, to the people who are given DUIs for this after the police used it as justification to continue their investigation.

Look, I’ll bet at least some of my friends have been around other people who have smoked marijuana. Can any of you shed some light on this for us? Have you ever seen someone’s lips and/or tongue turn green after smoking weed? ��

To my police officer buddies, guys, what the heck? Can any of you point to some sort of police manual that describes this phenomenon?”

~ Attorney Michael Hepworth

22. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post

24. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Right up until three months ago I thought Elon Musk was a pretentious douche. Now I can't get enough of the guy. The dude's a rockstar.

What turned the tables for me was when he openly declared the Stay-at-Home orders were a mode of fascism, and then turned around and gave the California governor the big ole' middle finger as he opened up his Tesla factory.

26. Likes devo_stevo, Iceaxe liked this post
    Anyone know where one can get an mj Rx ( asking for a friend).

Time to move investments from Xanax and other anti- depressants /ADHD etc to Rx Mj in Utah.

Name:  238C4D9B-4E91-4797-9EE7-73D64A02DE23.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  32.6 KB

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/1...PCPqXsrqjefgnE