Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana in Utah

OK so cool, the patients have a way to get this Medical Marijuana. That's the goal, right?

Just curious what the complaints are. What is the different outcome that was wanted?

Or was it secretly about recreational use, when we heard over and over and over again that it was only for medical use, that we don't need to worry?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    OK so cool, the patients have a way to get this Medical Marijuana. That's the goal, right?

Just curious what the complaints are. What is the different outcome that was wanted?

Or was it secretly about recreational use, when we heard over and over and over again that it was only for medical use, that we don't need to worry?

No it's just the fact that lawmakers can basically do whatever they want with impunity. The taxpayers did what was required of them to get the Proposition on the ballot -- they jumped through all of the required hoops, and played by all of the rules. Only to have the government basically gut the thing and install what they wanted, how they wanted it. The Proposition that was signed into law was effectively adulterated with a version nobody who voted for Prop 2 wanted. That's a travesty of the democratic process.

You make the point that patients have access to Cannabis. Well sort of. In some ways it is actually MORE difficult to access under the new rules.

Regardless, you can see why those who voted for Prop 2 might be disappointed, right?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Well I do keep hearing that it was gutted, and the voters got something completely different than what they wanted, but I guess I haven't heard of any major conclusion that is different.

The voters wanted Medical Marijuana to be available to those who need it, and it sounds like this is what they got.

If the complaint is that lawmakers got their hands all over it and changed it drastically, yes welcome to politics of ANY State. I would expect Medical Marijuana to NOT be legal to these patients.

I keep hearing Medical Marijuana will be finally available, but... but..... but..... and I'm not hearing a major groundbreaking slap in the face that robbed the voters, except the lawmakers stuck their hands in it. I've yet to hear what they screwed up though. Did any of us expect it to go through the process with nobody touching it?

I guess it sounds like being given a $20 bill but complain because it wasn't crisp.

I was always up front that I thought it should be legal for recreational purposes. Hopefully this is a first step.

I guess it sounds like being given a $20 bill but complain because it wasn't crisp.

More like being given a $20 bill and then having it taken away and replaced with $11 in nickels.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    The taxpayers did what was required of them to get the Proposition on the ballot -- they jumped through all of the required hoops, and played by all of the rules. Only to have the government basically gut the thing and install what they wanted, how they wanted it. The Proposition that was signed into law was effectively adulterated with a version nobody who voted for Prop 2 wanted. That's a travesty of the democratic process.

You make the point that patients have access to Cannabis. Well sort of. In some ways it is actually MORE difficult to access under the new rules.

Regardless, you can see why those who voted for Prop 2 might be disappointed, right?
    I think you are assuming too much of the voter. Many I know voted to legalize medical marijuana because the legislature wasn't doing anything. They didn't necessarily vote for the specific terms of Prop. 2. Many flat don't care that the legislature modified the Proposition because it still accomplishes the purpose of getting it into the hands of those who need it. Others I know voted so that the legislature would get on the stick and actually do something about medicinal marijuana.

As for recreational use, I think that is quite a ways off in this state.
    Life is Good

More like being given a $20 bill and then having it taken away and replaced with $11 in nickels.
    Make medical marijuana available to patients = $20
    It will be available to patients = $20
    I still don't see where the shortage is, what is the variance? If it's that the voter really wanted to be able to grow their own and prescribe it to themselves or sell it commercially or privately, then that was never in the original proposition, right?

It's amazing how UNDER prepared the voters actually were for this to pass.

Example, imagine the patient going to see the doctor who has finally agreed to prescribe this. Now what? What does the doctor prescribe? Does the patient have seizures? If so, what is the dosage of the prescription? Is it one joint a day? Or is it oils (that are already legal, by the way)

What strain of Marijuana is prescribed? What's the follow up plan for the physician? What signs of improvements or long term plan is in place? How will the healing be measured?

Where does the patient get the medicine from? Will the local pharmacy start distributing a month of pot in those orange prescription pill bottles?

Or were we absolutely completely stupid enough to think this prop would give us the right to grow our own weed and self medicate?

Not even in Colorado does it give them the right to smoke it in public, contrary to popular belief. They are allowed to smoke but only in the privacy of their own homes.

I think a lot of people made a lot of stupid assumptions of what this meant if it passes, and when it does they think they were screwed, but in reality they got exactly what they voted for.

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^Valid points, Beech.

I still wonder about the patients in rural towns. I think the plan calls for 7 dispensaries in Utah...but where will those be located? Would the patients in Kanab have to drive to SLC to access a State licensed "pharmacy?" That would kinda suck.

12. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Denying medicine to sick people in pain because you're worried there's a chance someone might recreationally smoke pot isn't really a moral high ground.... just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Denying medicine to sick people in pain because you're worried there's a chance someone might recreationally smoke pot isn't really a moral high ground.... just sayin'

I think it's even worse to assume this is the mindset of everybody opposing the bill.

It's also irresponsible to assume marijuana is the only solution, or even the best one for these cases.

There are legit reasons to oppose it because so much has not been considered, like the points I mentioned. Those are straight from the mouth of a pain physician I spoke to today, telling me he has turned away so many people asking for medical marijuana already because of this prop, with absolutely no idea how it will work. Literally today he has turned people away asking for marijuana prescriptions because of pain.

Morals had nothing to do with it. Zero.

If it were me, personally, and I felt some right or benefit had been stripped out of a prop I voted on, I wouldn't need to search the Internet to figure out what it was.

If it's not obvious, it must not be important to the voters. I'm not saying it's right or wrong what happened, but if I was mad as hell that a feature had been taken away, I'd sure as hell already know what it was. Or how could I possibly be angry if I didn't know what was altered?????

I'll repeat myself by saying, if medical marijuana will be legal now, the voters got what they voted for.

But some people just like to be mad.

So your doctor turned away dozens of people asking for medical MJ...because what, opiates are better?

In the midst of an OPIADEMIC folks need options to treat their pain. I'd rather give hundreds an option to treat their pain and risk there being a few junkies out there getting high over denying hundreds of folks pain management options to preserve some imaginary moral high ground.

Medical Marijuana in Utah

The Cure All MAGIC drug!!!!

^^^You left out the number 1 use of cannabis... helping ugly guys get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    The Cure All MAGIC drug!!!!

Man talk about a super troll.

You're gonna get Sombeech all triggered again.

So your doctor turned away dozens of people asking for medical MJ...because what, opiates are better?
    What was the Dr going to do, honestly? Which pharmacy would he send the patient to grab the Bubba Kush strain? How many puffs a day should he write up?

Opiates are addictive, yes, and they have pros and cons. BUT... we only know this about Opiates because of the vast medical history data, which is non existent with Marijuana except that it makes you hungry and worthless to the world. Oh yeah, it cures cancer

The problem is there is no standardized data yet for MJ. I mean what is the physician going to prescribe, really? Right now it's an absolute guessing game, taking suggestions from literal stoners on what worked well for them for a kinked neck.

Even the infamous seizure tearjerker stories, how much of which CBD product works for them, and why? What is the long term plan? NONE. ZILCH.

People were in such a hurry to legalize medical MJ that they all voted without having a single clue about how it will all work, absolutely no thought to Logistics except for "oh the tax money from weed will give more tax money to schools, think of the kids", and other far fetched stories.

But back to how Prop 2 was gutted and the voters were bent over the barrel, No they weren't. I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me what was removed from the proposition that would have been better. NOBODY can answer this, without performing a web search for why they should be so upset I'm still going to say it's because people wanted to legally grow their own and smoke it in public and buy from whomever they wanted, at the same time trying to convince us all it was strictly a medical marijuana bill and we shouldn't be worried at all about recreational use.

Some people just wanna be mad.

21. Likes accadacca liked this post

Medical Marijuana in Utah

Some people just wanna be mad.
    Exactly. Especially if they can throw the LDS Church under the bus. Comments like, they need to “tax them” and “where is the separation of church and state” or “I hope they get sued.” All these brilliant comments without any clue what they are talking about.

23. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^You left out the number 1 use of cannabis... helping ugly guys get laid.
    Nah man...coke did a much better job at that.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

25. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Exactly. Especially if they can throw the LDS Church under the bus. Comments like, they need to “tax them” and “where is the separation of church and state” or “I hope they get sued.” All these brilliant comments without any clue what they are talking about.
    I've seen people go as far as to say the LDS Church are hypocrites because they are withholding medicine from those that need it. And then even further in the SJW camp, the church is murdering people when they die from no access to medical marijuana.

RIP Rebecca Hansen
    Cause of Death - no Marijuana

And then those that just can't wait to tell us all they left the church because of the position on "life saving medicine". Oh shit, legalize, legalize! Bring these asshats back to church!

Then you remember they said they left the church over the gay parents with a kid interested in the church.

Oh no wait, no they REALLY left the church when they wouldn't give women the priesthood.

Meanwhile the church is up in arms, just complete panic upon learning how people that already weren't coming to church, will continue not coming to church.

actual MormonCam when people announce their departure: