Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana in Utah

For @Rockgremiln and the Bogley Stoner Club.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    For @Rockgremiln and the Bogley Stoner Club.

LOL you know what? I hadn't even heard of this event, and if you wouldn't have posted it here I would've just ignored it. But now just to be silly I'm marking my calendar and planning on attending.

I can "buzz" on down on my lunch break and check out the circus.

Anyone else down? Maybe we can grab something to eat and call it an unofficial Bogley lunch.

C'mon who's with me?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Can I attend with an AR-15 slung over my shoulder?

Climb-Utah.com

5. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    So true, the high minded conservatives are above such low brow humor as name calling and mocking. Only the snowflake libtards in their safespaces while collecting participation trophies and living off welfare in their moms basement would stoop so low as to generalize and mock! Conservatives have risen above it all, led my Mr. respectful himself, Donald J. Trump! Though I am confused, your post seems to have some name calling in it, so does that make you a liberal?
    Sorry, never got around to replying to this. I'm sure we could get into a cyclical "no, you're a name-caller" match, but in the spirit of thanksgiving, I'm going to take the higher road. Just kidding, just kidding. I just think it's lame for everyone to be allowed to have all sorts of different ideas--and to have all sorts of different motivations for their ideas--but as soon as someone's motivation could even hint at being partially religious in nature, they can be instantly attacked and discredited??? It's presumptuous to automatically jump to the conclusion that religion has anything to do with a person's reasoning. And, so what if it does?

On a sidenote, I was joking about the liberal thing. I agree totally that republicans can be just as bad at mocking and name-calling.

8. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    So what is the current status of this, I don't even follow it and I almost don't care. Bogley is my news about the Marijuana in Utah LOL

It's so cute that people think the LDS Church will ever allow marijuana to be sold in Utah. The state legislature and governor have already completely gutted Prop 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It's so cute that people think the LDS Church will ever allow marijuana to be sold in Utah. The state legislature and governor have already completely gutted Prop 2.

This is why you need to come up and picket with me this Monday at the Capitol.

Truth is, what the legislature is doing is a complete miscarriage of our democratic process -- and I'm predicting that this is FAR from over. We will be seeing lawsuits and litigation for years to come over this.

Oh come on, surely all of the Likes on Facebook about the little girl who has seizures was enough to change everybody's minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Oh come on, surely all of the Likes on Facebook about the little girl who has seizures was enough to change everybody's minds.

I sincerely hope you don't have a family member who ever has medical issues that could be improved by cannabis.

Because boy wouldn't you be in a quandary? On the one hand you wanna do everything you can to improve their quality of life...but on the other you've so completely established yourself at odds with the pro-cannabis agenda.

Whatever would you do?

14. Likes DirkHammergate liked this post
    Doesn't it seem insane that the people can vote in support of a proposition and the all-mighty legislators can just step forward and completely change it? I know that government knows best in all things, but can't the populace occasionally make a bad on our own? I mean if this was California or New York it would make sense, but I always thought Utah believed in personal responsibility and limited government.

It seems to me that if don't like what the legislature does to a proposition you don't go out and vote on a new proposition, you vote for a new legislator. You don't file lawsuits, you file to run for an office.
    Life is Good

17. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    It seems to me that if don't like what the legislature does to a proposition you don't go out and vote on a new proposition, you vote for a new legislator. You don't file lawsuits, you file to run for an office.

Many if not most folks are not qualified to run for office or are unable due to financial or personal reasons. This is one of the reasons why propositions are so popular with the people.

So your solution to not liking the POTUS is to run for POTUS yourself?

Whatever floats yer boat...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    On the one hand you wanna do everything you can to improve their quality of life...
    Would that include pursuing some of the dozens of existing remedies for seizures, including the already legal CBD oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Would that include pursuing some of the dozens of existing remedies for seizures, including the already legal CBD oil?
    OR the THC side of the coin that does the following:

-- Treats neuropathic pain

-- Enhances food intake in HIV patients

-- Treats nausea and/or vomiting in Cancer patients suffering from chemotherapy

Here's the source of those claims: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/tre...nd-cancer.html

Though I doubt you'll click that link because these claims fly in the face of your mantra that Medical Marijuana = a ruse for stoners to legalize weed

Many if not most folks are not qualified to run for office or are unable due to financial or personal reasons. This is one of the reasons why propositions are so popular with the people.

So your solution to not liking the POTUS is to run for POTUS yourself?
    I was only speaking of the the state legislator in your local voting district. The POTUS can't change a state proposition. The qualifications to run for President of the United States of America or your local neighborhood legislator aren't that rigorous. It really is something like are you a citizen, breath, and out of the juvenile justice system plus a couple of years.

Most people don't want to run for the local offices on the state or local level because they don't want to. Most people don't like confrontation or to defend themselves. Most people lack the passion for the job. Most people are happy with the status quo and won't get involved unless something is wrong or the person in office messes up really badly. Stated another way, most people are mostly bark then walk back to their house.

A state office campaign, other than governor or attorney general (statewide offices), is not that expensive to run in most cases. Many times, the legislator in your district runs unopposed. And so, if you don't like how the legislator in your districts votes, run for office. If you are so in favor of marijuana and your legislator does not share your viewpoint, the direct approach is to run against him and engage in the debate directly and publicly. Ferret out his opinions. Persuade people against his views and get elected to cast your vote where it really matters - the language of the actual law. Until then, your legislator will do what he/she is elected to do, vote on stuff and make laws based upon what he/she thinks.
    Life is Good

23. Likes jman, rockgremlin liked this post
    OR the THC side of the coin that does the following:

-- Treats neuropathic pain

-- Enhances food intake in HIV patients

-- Treats nausea and/or vomiting in Cancer patients suffering from chemotherapy

Here's the source of those claims: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/tre...nd-cancer.html

Though I doubt you'll click that link because these claims fly in the face of your mantra that Medical Marijuana = a ruse for stoners to legalize weed
    I clicked the link. Your claims above relate to the approved and legal prescription form of THC and a synthetic that acts a lot like THC. Is there a problem that there is a prescription form? At a $1.56 per pill, is that unreasonable? So why, again, do we need to legalize THC if there is a legal prescription form that is pretty cheap?
    Life is Good

^^^ no problem really, but I'd like to see all forms of THC approved for medical purposes - not just Marinol. A buck and a half is pretty cheap per pill, but I'll bet in whole form right from the plant is even cheaper and easier to access. Besides, any and all THC is (or was) illegal in Utah. And THC is still illegal as per federal regulations -- "has no medicinal value" -- I still can't see how the feds can claim that with a straight face when so much documented research has proven otherwise.

Thanks for the thoughts regarding legislators -- I had no idea it was so wide open. It's almost tempting...

I'm honestly advocating for an open mind on medicinal, but it's an uphill battle because there's so much closed mindedness on the topic. You say medical marijuana and immediately many folks get really cynical and roll their eyes because they conflate medical and recreational.

I'm honestly advocating for an open mind on medicinal, but it's an uphill battle because there's so much closed mindedness on the topic. You say medical marijuana and immediately many folks get really cynical and roll their eyes because they conflate medical and recreational.
    My mind is wide open. I think the eye-roll from many folks is a result of what has happened in other states. The definition of "Medicinal" in many states like California and Colorado is defined a wee bit too loosely for most conservatives. Sore feet? Get a marijuana card!!!!
    Life is Good