Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana in Utah

^^^ "Pay this amount..."

Good hell!! How do they sleep at night?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Think about it, before you light up.

——

Court Rules That Medical Marijuana Card Holders Can't Buy Firearms

http://fortune.com/2016/09/01/medica...6BzF-jgvQyEeN8
    This will shock some people, but Marijuana is a drug, and it's a bad combo to be on drugs and have a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    This will shock some people, but Marijuana is a drug, and it's a bad combo to be on drugs and have a firearm.
    Fair enough, too bad you can't do that with Alcohol and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    Fair enough, too bad you can't do that with Alcohol and firearms.
    Alcohol and firearms turn any day into a fun day....

Big difference between alcohol and marijuana in that one is legal on a Federal level and one is a felony.

But I get your drift, and if
    marijuana ever becomes legal on a Federal level I'm betting you see it's use related to firearm and the law mirror each other.

It's interesting to remember that alcohol while being legal on a federal level might not be legal on a state level.
    Three states, Kansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee, are entirely dry by default (counties can authorize the sale of alcohol). Utah has 9 cities that are dry.

And yet you can still lawfully own and use a firearm while having a prescription for morphine, Oxycontin, Xanax, Adderal, etc, etc...

#DoubleStandard

I think drugs or alcohol is covered by "possession of a firearm by a restricted person".

If you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs you automatically become "restricted". But hey I'm no lawyer.

I suck at finding Utah code.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    And yet you can still lawfully own and use a firearm while having a prescription for morphine, Oxycontin, Xanax, Adderal, etc, etc...

#DoubleStandard

I agree but it will take a long time to start rolling back firearms from these people that already have prescriptions and already conceal. Marijuana is an easy point to start at fresh.

To jump to another tangent on the same subject, we all know one of the major reasons that Medical Marijuana is so popular is because the big pharmaceutical companies are so profitable, they are the 1%, they lobby the government, yadda yadda yadda. And yes I spelled pharmaceutical correctly without spellcheck or Google on the first try.

We know the argument, Marijuana is good because the damned Opiod pharma firms are trying to block it and protect their profits!

When Marijuana becomes legal and is involved more and more in medicine, who do you think will capitalize on it? Yep, big pharma. If you guys think big pharma is afraid of marijuana because it will cut into their profits, WRONG. They are the very same firms and R&D departments RIGHT NOW developing and testing THC medicines. They've got the labs, scientists, manufacturing and distribution. They probably already have the ads created, just waiting to spam your social media accounts. Just a few more states to hop on board and here it comes!

If they get to experiment with heroin, for some reason we think they won't be allowed to work with Marijuana? Or do we think big pharma won't touch it because it's icky or for lower class, or that they truly don't know much about it, but they know about Cocaine, Heroin, Speed, Crack Fentanyl, and every other substance except for Marijuana?

Do we think the Marijuana market share will stay with the local guy growing it in the basement? By legalizing Marijuana, the people giving the middle finger to big pharma are unknowingly enabling a whole new level of profits and products to these firms.

And big pharma is sitting back, waiting, laughing, and creating new advertisements and promotions ready to launch when Marijuana is legal in more and more states. Thanks to those who "gave the middle finger to big pharma" by voting for Marijuana legalization.

It's the same false argument that the big cigarette companies were fighting hard against marijuana. Wrong, they have the infrastructure to whip up a million machine rolled joints within a month, they've got the factories, got the skilled employees, they've got the distribution, all they need is our vote to make Marijuana legal to "fight the cigarette companies". And they are laughing hysterically at all of us who think our vote for Marijuana is fighting them.

Do you know what would be GENIUS? If some of the most effective ads in favor of Marijuana legalization were created by big pharma funding... what else could get people motivated to vote for a drug, than to think you are fighting against a certain tyrannical oppression like big pharma? Genius strategy, and I'll bet big money that some of the ads and articles were funded by big pharma, but they will be slow to admit it. Just think about it.

Does that wool get itchy and sweaty when it's pulled over our eyes for so long?

^^^Ugh could you summarize all of this with a meme please?

11. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    ^^^Ugh could you summarize all of this with a meme please?
    Voting for Marijuana legalization to hurt big pharma is exactly what big pharma is waiting for you to do. They need another product market.

Voting for Marijuana legalization to hurt big pharma is exactly what big pharma is waiting for you to do. They need another product market.

Who is doing that? I know of nobody who voted for medical MJ who walked out of the voting booth pumping their fist and declaring victory over big pharma.

??????

My reasons for voting for it were more pragmatic -- it's already everywhere, why not allow the State to benefit from it instead of the black market? Or our neighboring states who have already legalized it?

Another reason I voted for it is because I'm sick and tired of hearing about how those who might benefit from it are be treated like criminals.

Blog Entries

Medical Marijuana in Utah

Who is doing that? I know of nobody who voted for medical MJ who walked out of the voting booth pumping their fist and declaring victory over big pharma.

??????
    I saw a lot of this in the KSL comment boards and on FB feeds from the local news media, of “the LDS church is heavily invested in Big Pharma and that’s why they want you to vote against it!!!! RAWR!!!!!”

“The church is worried about their billions invested in big pharma if this prop passes!!! RAWR!!”

“I hope this prop passes and hurts the church’s profits soooo bad! RAWRRR!”

Anyways, Sombeech’s explanation reminds me of a movie called the Promised Land with Matt Damon and Jon Krasinksi about fracking in these small farmland communities. But the kick is that Global (the company who wants to buy the farmers land) is playing both the good and bad guy having representatives play on both sides.

It’s actually a pretty interesting narrative about local politics and manipulation of public opinion. Give it a watch if you have two hours to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I saw a lot of this in the KSL comment boards and on FB feeds from the local news media, of “the LDS church is heavily invested in Big Pharma and that’s why they want you to vote against it!!!! RAWR!!!!!”

“The church is worried about their billions invested in big pharma if this prop passes!!! RAWR!!”

“I hope this prop passes and hurts the church’s profits soooo bad! RAWRRR!”
    That's funny.

Nope, I didn't side with the conspiracy theorist "Down with Big Pharma, and down with the LDS agenda" mentality. This is actually the first I've heard of such a thing. Sounds pretty non-sensical. But then again, there are many folks that believe the moon landing was orchestrated in a warehouse in Area 51. People will believe anything.

Big pharma has campaigned against MJ in other states, though I am not sure it was in Utah. Alcohol too for that matter.

But like rock said, I have never met anyone who was for mj just to stick it to big pharma. That'd be a pretty dumb reason to vote imo.

But big pharma will have a more difficult time taking over the industry for many reasons anyway. Mainly, It's probably super difficult to make oxy, but granny can grow pot in her backyard. Also it still is federally illegal, and I can't see giant pharma companies wanting to take the risks for pot.

Seriously guys? You've never seen people blaming "big pharma" for keeping Marijuana illegal?

I just looked up the very first "Medical Marijuana Utah" topic on Facebook, showed the first comments, hit Control F for "pharma" and here we go, I didn't even hit "Show More Comments".

Maybe you guys don't read other comments, but "big pharma" so called oppressive opponents to legalized marijuana.

If you guys still think big pharma is afraid of Marijuana, you be high.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  16.6 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  17.0 KB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  15.7 KB

I don't pay any attention to what others say or think. Maybe that's your problem.

The whole #RESIST movement voted against big pharma because ORANGE MAN BAD and 1% evil doesn't pay taxes, but when they realize big pharma has been waiting for us to legalize it the whole time so they can create a whole new profit sku, the poor SJWs will be like

Medical Marijuana in Utah

@rockgremiln and @uintafly rolling state in a couple years... lol

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Iceaxe liked this post
    Far out maaaaan...I'm digging that chain link steering wheel...

Climb-Utah.com