Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 230

Thread: Medical Marijuana in Utah

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Some people just wanna be mad.

    Right now the only person who appears mad is you.

    Just sayin'
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #202
    For those of you who have admitted to smoking in the past, what is your opinion of thousands of Americans having their lives ruined just because they were caught? Do you really think getting fired, going to jail and having a conviction on someone's record is a fair trade for smoking pot?

  4. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    For those of you who have admitted to smoking in the past, what is your opinion of thousands of Americans having their lives ruined just because they were caught? Do you really think getting fired, going to jail and having a conviction on someone's record is a fair trade for smoking pot?

    Nope.

    Additionally, those of the African-American persuasion have been particularly affected by this since it appears they have been unfairly targeted over white folks in this regard.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  5. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Right now the only person who appears mad is you.

    Just sayin'

    I appear mad? I'm not sure how. Lots of folks are angry because the proposition was supposedly gutted and the voters were screwed, I'm definitely not in that crowd.

    I'm just curious, still, how the voters got screwed, because nobody can step up to the plate and describe what was stolen from them.

    To the question @uintafly asked, I don't think it's fair to go to prison for smoking marijuana. And if we look a little deeper, we will see that hardly anybody goes to jail just for possessing or smoking marijuana. It will be on the list of charges, like not wearing a seatbelt when the main offense was speeding.

    People aren't going to jail primarily for marijuana. It's because they skipped bail for something else and they now have a warrant out. Just another little fib told.

  6. #205
    Best I can find is that 3.4% of the state prison population in the country are in on possession only charges, though that isn't broken down by specific drug so there is no way to tell how many are in due strictly to pot. But even if it is a small amount, it doesn't equal 0. It also doesn't account for all of the rest of the issues. I don't know about you, but if I was arrested for pot, even if I never went to jail, I would still be fired. And I'd still have a scarlet letter on my record anytime I applied for a new job. Hell, I'd say I'd personally rather spend a few months in jail than have a drug conviction on my record for the rest of my life. Still seems a harsh lesson to pay when our last 3 presidents (but not trump as far as I know) all admitted to using it in the past.

  7. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    People aren't going to jail primarily for marijuana. It's because they skipped bail for something else and they now have a warrant out. Just another little fib told.

    WRONG --- Google is your friend:


    Number of people arrested for a marijuana law violation in 2017: 659,700

    Number of those charged with marijuana law violations who were arrested for
    possession only
    : 599,282 (90.8 percent)


    Source: http://www.drugpolicy.org/issues/drug-war-statistics
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  8. #207
    Oh Uinta and Rock,

    "Arrest" and jail are two completely different things. Many people don't know that being issued a citation is recorded on the official transcript as an "arrest" when it comes to marijuana and most other non-traffic charges. Simply put, being charged, or an "arrest", DOES NOT equal jail time.

    Even in Utah, a marijuana ticket ("arrest") is not a big deal and on most first offenses prosecutors will offer a plea in abeyance. This means if they comply with probation the charge will be dismissed and the "arrest" can be immediately expunged. That equals no record at all. Yes, it can be time consuming and with the wrong lawyer, expensive.

    Question: So if most people don't think marijuana is a big deal then wouldn't employers just look the other way? I submit that many employers DO think that marijuana is an issue of concern.

    And Rock, pulling the race card to back up your argument?
    Life is Good

  9. Likes twotimer, Sombeech liked this post
  10. #208
    You do not go to jail or prison for a seatbelt violation. But if you don't pay the Speeding ticket for which it was appended to, and you get a warrant out for your arrest, and you skip bail, and you keep avoiding it, you just might eventually go to jail. So in the same line of logic, if you don't wear a seatbelt, you go to prison.

    This is the same for smoking Marijuana. I know you guys are smart enough to know that people aren't sent to prison merely for smoking marijuana. Don't make me prove y'all wrong again, it's getting old.

  11. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    You do not go to jail or prison for a seatbelt violation. But if you don't pay the Speeding ticket for which it was appended to, and you get a warrant out for your arrest, and you skip bail, and you keep avoiding it, you just might eventually go to jail. So in the same line of logic, if you don't wear a seatbelt, you go to prison.

    This is the same for smoking Marijuana. I know you guys are smart enough to know that people aren't sent to prison merely for smoking marijuana. Don't make me prove y'all wrong again, it's getting old.

    I'm surprised you guys don't check your facts before you make your claims. Please READ this article:

    https://www.aclu.org/issues/smart-ju...lack-and-white

    It's from a credible source, and uncovers some shocking information.

    You don't have a monopoly on the truth. Read this article in its entirety and then we can resume this discussion.



    P.S. Notice I didn't drag the LDS church into this most recent discussion, so if you decide to go there its on you.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  12. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'm surprised you guys don't check your facts before you make your claims. Please READ this article:

    https://www.aclu.org/issues/smart-ju...lack-and-white

    It's from a credible source, and uncovers some shocking information.

    You don't have a monopoly on the truth. Read this article in its entirety and then we can resume this discussion.



    P.S. Notice I didn't drag the LDS church into this most recent discussion, so if you decide to go there its on you.
    Like Scott says, arrests don't mean jail time, nor prison time. Plus when it says they were arrested simply for possessing marijuana, it leaves out the CRUCIAL factor of possessing marijuana while on probation. Big difference.

    And another plus, the study ended almost 10 years ago, a lot has changed.

    So again, simply for possessing marijuana as a first time offense, no other misdemeanors, no probation, no warrants, no other factors, you are NOT going to jail. Absolutely not. This ACLU article is the equivalent of a handgun accidentally going off on school grounds and racking it up as a school shooting.

    You guys are still arguing against the big penalties for marijuana. And I'm right there with you, I think these big consequences for weed is a huge injustice. Fortunately though, it doesn't happen.

    You guys just need to take the win. Medical Marijuana will be available for patients. People aren't going to prison for merely smoking marijuana. The LDS Church didn't murder kids with seizures by stopping this prop. The bill wasn't gutted like people want to say it was because they still want to blame the Mormon controlled government.

    Take the win! It's a victory, why aren't you guys celebrating?

  13. #211


    I'm prepared to put this baby to bed...at least until Acca comes in here trolling with more sarcasm laced images.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  14. Likes twotimer liked this post
  15. #212
    In this day and age it's surprising to me that this issue still exists. If you wish to smoke it (or eat it), move on over here to California. I can go to a pot store, browse around, and just purchase whatever I want. I do not have to make up any BS excuse. I'm a grown adult. I do not need some fat-cat politician telling me what I can or can not do. I'll do as I please, thank you very much.

    Sooner or later the rest of the country will wake up to the bigger issue at hand and leave this one behind. (Hint: It isn't about who is winning tonight's basketball game, football game, or whatever the latest smoke-screen/mirror that has been set up and may be blocking your vision.)

  16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  17. #213

  18. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Lawsuit filed over Prop 2 replacement
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46441994&nid=148

    Good ole' Rocky...and his disdain for the local political establishment.


    **DISCLAIMER**
    I did not mention nor allude to the LDS church anywhere in this post. If you claim otherwise it's on you.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  19. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Good ole' Rocky...and his disdain for the local political establishment.


    **DISCLAIMER**
    I did not mention nor allude to the LDS church anywhere in this post. If you claim otherwise it's on you.


  20. #216
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  21. Likes twotimer liked this post
  22. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Lawsuit filed over Prop 2 replacement
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46441994&nid=148
    "Their lawsuit argues the bill "unconstitutionally undermines or entirely defeats core purposes of Proposition 2"

    Umm... if the "core purpose" of prop 2 is to give medical marijuana to people, and the bill accomplishes this, how does it "ENTIRELY DEFEAT the purpose?

    Nobody can answer this. Not on Social Media, not on KSL, not on Bogley. Nobody knows what rights were stripped away from the people, but they just keep repeating it.

    It's time to celebrate, folks. Medical Marijuana will be available to patients. I think some people are mad because they expected it to not pass, and now they don't know what to do with all of their protest signs.

  23. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Imma gonna start following the Prophet on this.... super wise, in touch with reality, talks to Jesus all the time verbatim, apparently.

    Dirk has been Born Again!!! I do believe I need a baptism... Sombeech?? I am a willing soul?

  24. Likes accadacca liked this post
  25. #219
    The problem they will be facing is that Utah is completely within their rights to alter Prop 2 because it is written into Utah's constitution that they can lawfully change propositions. Read on:

    Under Utah law, any initiative passed by a statewide vote can be amended or changed by the Legislature once it becomes law. Proposition 2 is really no different, it’s just getting special attention. Utah is one of 11 states that does not place restrictions on the Legislature when it comes to amending citizen ballot initiatives.

    Source: https://www.ksl.com/article/46422829/heres-how-and-why-the-legislature-could-change-proposition-2--even-if-it-passes
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 12-06-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

    1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

    • "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"


  26. #220
    Wait a minute...

    I thought it was the miracle drug?



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-06-2018, 11:04 PM
  2. Utah Senate Passes Controversial Medical Marijuana Bill
    By rockgremlin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 09:33 PM
  3. 10 Major Health Benefits of Medical Marijuana (Infographic)
    By accadacca in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 08:02 AM
  5. Medical Humor
    By Windwalker in forum Jokes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •