Thread: Daylight Savings

Daylight Savings

I voted yes. Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No

I'd actually prefer we go to MDT year round or shift to PST.

Whatever gives us the most light in the evening in the summers. That's why I like Daylight Savings Time. I did some canyoneering in in Arizona in May once. It was dark at 6:45! How lame is that???

Ben Franklin came up with the idea, and it was genius. I love it. If they get rid of it, I'll be seriously bummed.

About 5 years ago, I began to pay attention to how long it took for me to adjust...about 2 weeks. I wake up at 6am every morning. The "spring forward" is the tougher one, 'cuz you feel like you need a bit more sleep after having to get out of bed.

I paint houses for a living, and in the winter time it's all interior. I get to the job between 8-8:30am and if they stop daylight savings, I (we all) would be driving in the dark. SCREW THAT!

With all these people zipping around in the morning, smoking pot and texting and accidents all over the place...the last thing we need is everyone doing it in the dark.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

I have no issues adjusting to the fall time change but the one in the spring can give me a bit of jet lag. The interesting thing is if I prepare for it similar to flying to the east coast it's not an issue.

Climb-Utah.com

The problem is, I think most people like Daylight Savings when it's "On", like the Summer hours. They just don't like the change.

Daylight Savings gives us that extra hour of daylight after work to head out and go for a bike ride or hike. I think if we vote to get rid of Daylight Savings,we'll all be stuck with "Winter Hours".

I want Daylight Savings, but I want it consistently all year 'round, no adjustments.

I agree that daylight savings should be all year long. I love the extra light in the evening. I hate it when it's dark at 5 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    With all these people zipping around in the morning, smoking pot and texting and accidents all over the place...the last thing we need is everyone doing it in the dark.
    You forgot the drunks...

I'd just like it to be consistent one way or another. I lean towards more daylight in the summer but consistency matters more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    You forgot the drunks...
    They're out there!

I frequent a diner down the street for breakfast. The bar has people slamming Bloody Marys. I was talking to the bartender about that...he says most of them work nights and morning is their 5 o'clock...put plenty of others get buzzed up to start the day. He tries not to let them leave (and get in their cars) righteously drunk, but admitted to me that quite a few will leave slurring their words.

There have been plenty of times I've smelled alcohol on the husband of the house when I've show up to work in the morning. They get liquored up before going to work. Wealthy people...doctors, lawyers, etc...functioning alcoholics.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?